The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Utter Utter Loser (Ned):

If Boyd did play, though, would he be ahead of Cousin and Darcheville? Let's say if all three were on the pitch, how would you order them?

Yeah, probably Boyd all things being equal...

Originally posted by Utter Utter Loser (Ned):

If Boyd did play, though, would he be ahead of Cousin and Darcheville? Let's say if all three were on the pitch, how would you order them?

Same as before, if all 3 were on the picth, Cousin was supposedly an expert at taking penalties while at Lens.

• SI Staff

So, big game tonight. Who would you start with?

McGregor

Hutton

Papac

Cuellar

Weir

Hemdani

Thomson

Ferguson

McCulloch

Darcheville

Cousin

If Cousin was looking rank in the first half then I'd get him off and get either Beasley or Buffel on. I think we might see Buffel in action tonight. He's been playing well for the reserves.

I've got a funny feeling Lyon are going to get something against Barcelona as well, but a loss tonight still leaves it in our own hands so hopefully we'll not be quite as cautious in the second half and we can grab a win and Barca do us a favour in Lyon so we can maybe see John Fleck against Lyon if we're already through icon_wink.gif

Ideally of course, we win and Barca win and thats that. I do think we can win in Germany, after all Stuttgart have lost all four games and are right out of things. On the other hand, they will have pride to play for and we were far from impressive at Falkirk.

Wouldn't actually surprise me if both games ended in draws tbh, which I would take as I think we can beat Lyon at Ibrox. (And in fact would only need to draw). Even if we lose tonight and Lyon win, it still comes down to us beating them at Ibrox.

I do think Lyon will take something against Barca, but if we can pick up that in in Germany, then Lyon would need to win 4-0 at Ibrox to go through on head to head. At 3-0 we'd have a better GD.

Ah well, we'll find out eventually icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Ter:

So, big game tonight. Who would you start with?

McGregor

Hutton

Papac

Cuellar

Weir

Hemdani

Thomson

Ferguson

McCulloch

Darcheville

Cousin

That midfield is too out of balance. There is no real attacking threat because of the unbalanced nature of it, I'd swap Beasley for Cousin and go 4-5-1 with Ferguson, Beasley and McCulloch supporting the Darche.

• SI Staff
That midfield is too out of balance. There is no real attacking threat because of the unbalanced nature of it, I'd swap Beasley for Cousin and go 4-5-1 with Ferguson, Beasley and McCulloch supporting the Darche.

Yeah, I was intending Darcheville to drop to the wider right position and hopefully cause problems down there.

Originally posted by Sam Spade:

gudge's team is spot on

bit worried we're gonna end up throwing away our great start to the group though if i'm honest

Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

This time it's different, I think we will tonight. 1-0 or 2-1, 'anti-football' all the way but frankly I don't give a crap, it's about winning nothing else.

I think a draw at least is obtainable, but we should by no means take this game for granted, case and point the Georgia match.

They'll likely field fringe/youth players since i'd assume they'd want to focus on their league, but those guys playing will want to impress and get into the team, so it won't be easy by any means.

jammy equaliser for 1-1 icon13.gif

not a bad half though, we seem to be quite dangerous on the break and they didn't really do a major amount to put McGregor under pressure - apart from some long range efforts, just keep playing the way we have with attacking and I can see us getting another icon_cool.gif

seem to be a bit dodgy from set pieces do the Germans as well which is always good

frankly I think you are talking baws PM7, apart from Thomson maybe, gave the ball away too much

they've pressed, but there hasn't been too many clearcut chances for Stuttgart, Allan has dealt with two saves outside his box which I would expect him to save anyway. Had the ball a bit more in the last 10 minutes I'd admit as well, but the defence has looked steady and simply sleeping at that corner and then the jammy finish has cost. We've had one off the line, a few shots wide and scored, dangerous on the break as well

although as I said, I think we can still win this one

frankly I think you are talking baws PM7, apart from Thomson maybe, gave the ball away too much

Frankly, I'm not actually. Look at the scoreline. And to claim their goal was 'jammy' is just childish tbh.

Yes we made chances, but so did they and the last 10 minutes of the first half we just went deeper and deeper and thats what happens. Totally deserved German goal.

We can still win, as long as we keep going forward.

Originally posted by Vidmar14:

we deserved that, this has been a shocking performance.

2nd half has been abysmal, pretty much since Beasley went off as we don't have the same zip when we making chances

McGregor should have saved that shot though

Archived