The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Rangers star Daniel Cousin has revealed that he plans to leave the Scottish Premier League giants once the season is over.

Cousin made a name for himself in France, where he impressed with Le Mans and most recently Lens.

He grew frustrated with life at Stade Bollaert, having been the target for some of the club’s fans, and he secured a move to Rangers.

Cousin made an immediate impact under Walter Smith, scoring a fine goal against Lyon in the Champions League, but doubts were raised over his future at the club.

Gers officials hinted a sale could happen and Cousin has revealed that it was always his intention to spend only one season in Glasgow.

“Playing one year here and then moving to England would suit me,†Cousin told French TV channel Canal Plus.

“I am trying to improve my English and I take lessons every week.

“As long as nothing is done (with another team), I have nothing to say.â€

what a numbnuts

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He obviously doesnt give a s**t about Rangers so i would stick him in the reserves until we flog him hopefully in January window..

Am i alone in thinking its about time Burke, Buffel and Gow were given a chance. we all know Burke and Buffel can be brilliant and maybe they could find consistency under walter and Gow surely deserves a run out.

• SI Staff
Am i alone in thinking its about time Burke, Buffel and Gow were given a chance. we all know Burke and Buffel can be brilliant and maybe they could find consistency under walter and Gow surely deserves a run out.

Burke has been quite poor for the reserves, Gow has done well and Buffel is beginning to stand out now he's been regularly playing for the reserves for the past month or so. Out of them the only one I would consider for Wednesday is Buffel.

Originally posted by deathhead:

Disagree. Naismith deserves a chance before Gow and i'd rther See Whittaker get another shot before Burke

• SI Staff
i reckon we need a strong left back in the sales. we've got enough numbers everywhere else right now

Probably right. I think a lot of people are getting a wee bit carried away with Stevie Smith and getting moist at the thought of him and Hutton either side. Folk seem to forget that Smith isn't as pacy as Hutton or runs with the ball as much. He's more of a link up player and more solid defensively, but likes to get forward and support.

And who is to say if he does make it back he's not going to be poor. It happened to Hutton after a long lay off.

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathhead:

Disagree. Naismith deserves a chance before Gow and i'd rther See Whittaker get another shot before Burke </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea sorry, i kinda forgot about Naisy as his is still kinda in the first team picture, was just thinking of the guys who are completely out of the picture at present. Id love to see naismith playing reguarly.

shouldn't have went for it tbh, got punished as well icon_frown.gif

interesting to see Lubos books Thomson for a nothing pull on Benzema, yet Juninho gets absolutely nothing for a foul on Thomson icon14.gif

although he is a crap ref as shown by his antics in past games

the trouble is that putting JCD on is bound to be a gamble and Boyd is pretty hit and miss playing up on his own, so if I was making changes I would sacrifice Thompson on account of his being booked, chuck Boyd in as the second man up front and give Cousin 15 minutes to get his act together before risking JCD.

Originally posted by Haz:

the trouble is that putting JCD on is bound to be a gamble and Boyd is pretty hit and miss playing up on his own, so if I was making changes I would sacrifice Thompson on account of his being booked, chuck Boyd in as the second man up front and give Cousin 15 minutes to get his act together before risking JCD.

I agree, but I think he might go for Naismith ahead of Boyd because of what he could bring to the team, it needs to change anyway as 4-5-1 is going to get us nowhere here

Archived