The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mr Nice:

absolutely crazy money.

quite right to take it and run.

I wouldnt say it's crazy money. Hutton has a bright future ahead of him. In fact, i'd go as far to say he'll be a star in the EPL.

But being in the SPL means that we as a club cannot afford to turn down that kind of money, especially if it is reinvested correctly. It could buy us two very good players.

I can't believe all the hype Hutton is getting. I know him (not personally, but seen/talked to him) because my friend is his cousin. Hes a big Rangers fan and my friend doesn't think hes any good either, especially for the EPL.

I can imagine it

'van Persie rapes Hutton in a 8-0 win over Tottenham'

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by jimbo22:

According to Darrell King on Clyde 1, all the money brought in for him will be used for bringing in players.

Lets hope its true.

would get you 2/3 of a Tore Andre Flo icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by DKB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6305683.stm

FREM wanted more money for him than Rangers wanted to pay, think about £400k-£500k </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was he decent though?

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Sheer Class:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6305683.stm

FREM wanted more money for him than Rangers wanted to pay, think about £400k-£500k </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was he decent though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He never played for the first team. Just the reserves or U19s but I don't remember hearing much about him. All the talk was of other players in the U19s who were doing well.

Originally posted by underwater sunlight:

have they not got a spare left back we can have?

I actually like Papac there, he's solid enough and can play in the middle if needed. Assuming Smith is back soonish and there is no WP probs with Papac I think we should spend on a CB, WG and AMF.

Originally posted by Number 7:

I can't believe all the hype Hutton is getting. I know him (not personally, but seen/talked to him) because my friend is his cousin. Hes a big Rangers fan and my friend doesn't think hes any good either, especially for the EPL.

I can imagine it

'van Persie rapes Hutton in a 8-0 win over Tottenham'

icon_biggrin.gif

There's actually no surprise you dont rate him. Hutton at this point in time is the best right back in the UK.

Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

Hutton for more than £4million? Yer' havin' a laugh.

ho ho ho </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Little #7 had his vision tainted by his wee green specs. Wish he had took that bet up with me now icon13.gif

we could probably do with some backup in the CB area just incase our main two have the misfortune of injury, but I think the main area is left midfield, especially somebody who can run at people, pass adrimably and have a good cross on them

with the 4-5-1 we play, which sometimes becomes a 4-3-3, Naismith is fine for the left side and Burke on the right currently, although when Burke gets off the boil (likely to happen at sometime) Naismith goes to the right and somebody is needed on the left. As much as McCulloch is the left midfielder, I think he plays better as somebody to feed the main striker with knockdowns

LB is something that might need to be looked at, but we have no idea how long or how well Stevie Smith will be when he's back in action, I reckon he'll be similar to Hutton after he came off the leg break which is not promising. Although I'd probably keep Papac as I don't think he's done badly there, Whittaker moves to RB (if the Hutton deal happens)

Originally posted by ibroxhero:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by underwater sunlight:

have they not got a spare left back we can have?

I actually like Papac there, he's solid enough and can play in the middle if needed. Assuming Smith is back soonish and there is no WP probs with Papac I think we should spend on a CB, WG and AMF. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im not against papac. he has done a good job for us and i would be happy for him to arry on as left back. i doubt smith will come back this season. maybe a game or two, but he really needs the time to get better, and not rush himself back into action. between firt team players getting injured/suspended/rested and smiths keenness to get back on the pitch, im sure he wil come back too soon, further risking his career.

if we have a new left back to compete with papac for the shirt then we an afford to give mith the time he needs.

• SI Staff
you lied to us Ter Frown

icon_frown.gif

when is beasley expected back?

Probably not till the start of next season. Will be near the end of the season if he makes it back this season at all.

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you lied to us Ter Frown

icon_frown.gif

when is beasley expected back?

Probably not till the start of next season. Will be near the end of the season if he makes it back this season at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in that case i'd get a left winger in on loan, if available. wouldnt get one in permanent unless we are looking to offload someone in the summer. mcculloch is a versatile player who will chase balls and get us back into the game. beasley offers us pace and trickery and adam gives us more set peice options. i cant see any of them going, or the need for them to be moved on

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

There's actually no surprise you dont rate him. Hutton at this point in time is the best right back in the UK.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Name a better more consistant one then?

• SI Staff
in that case i'd get a left winger in on loan, if available. wouldnt get one in permanent unless we are looking to offload someone in the summer. mcculloch is a versatile player who will chase balls and get us back into the game. beasley offers us pace and trickery and adam gives us more set peice options. i cant see any of them going, or the need for them to be moved on

Don't think we really need to. Adam, Naismith, McCulloch and Gow can all play there so we've plenty of cover. At a stretch we could also put Novo, JCD, Buffel and Burke there if we had to.

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

Name a better more consistant one then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sagna & Eboue (Arsenal)

Neville (Man U)

Richards (Man C)

Finnan (Liverpool)

do I need to go on?

Name a better more consistant one then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sagna & Eboue (Arsenal)

Neville (Man U)

Richards (Man C)

Finnan (Liverpool)

do I need to go on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok then i'll give you the Arsenal Boys. Richards is more of a central defender.

But i'd take Hutton over Neville and Finnan any day of the week.

• SI Staff

Good to see he's not interested in going to Tottenham. The only real carrot to the Premiership at the moment (IMO) that is right for Hutton is a move to Man Utd.

If he's sure that Man Utd have a firm interest in him, then you can understand it. Neville, injuries aside, coming towards the end of his career, Hutton could make that spot his own at arguably the biggest club in the world, rather than join Spur's defence (never mind the competition from Chimbonda). Also the fact another while at Rangers, with European football thrown in, is hardly a bad thing when considering Spurs are unlikely to make it.

Archived