The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by miketheheadlesschicken:

I hope he's turned it down because he feels he's not ready yet or because he thinks he can do better. Hope it's not another case of a talented youngster happy to see out his days playing in Scotland.

Possibly wants to win a few things with us before he goes. Anyway. Nothing wrong in wanting to stay at a club that regularly wins things and competes in europe every season.

Could see your point if it was any team outside Rangers and Celtic.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jimbo22:

Possibly wants to win a few things with us before he goes. Anyway. Nothing wrong in wanting to stay at a club that regularly wins things and competes in europe every season.

I'd rather test myself at the highest level possible. I just hope Hutton isn't another player who lacks the ambition to do that.

Nothing wrong in wanting to stay at a club that regularly wins things and competes in europe every season.

The club he loves too.

Don't see him staying here as hugely unambitious anyway. Plenty of good players have gone down south and found it not to be the Valhalla made out.

thought Alan would reject the move tbh, just shows what an utter anus Murray is by accepting the offer wtihout asking the player though icon14.gif

can we actually get rid of him and Bain instead of playing staff, Bain probably one of the most useless people in the football world I reckon - although I'd throw in Faye if we had to get rid of a player icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by miketheheadlesschicken:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

I'd rather test myself at the highest level possible. I just hope Hutton isn't another player who lacks the ambition to do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats the highest level?

Spurs in the EPL and not in Europe every year and not challenging for titles.

or

Rangers in the SPL, challenging for trophies and playing in the CL every other season.

I suppose it comes down to player preference.

Now if Man Utd or Arsenal were to make a move, that would be something different.

Originally posted by TM:

thought Alan would reject the move tbh, just shows what an utter anus Murray is by accepting the offer wtihout asking the player though icon14.gif

can we actually get rid of him and Bain instead of playing staff, Bain probably one of the most useless people in the football world I reckon - although I'd throw in Faye if we had to get rid of a player icon_cool.gif

Who's to say that it was Murray alone. Smith would have been consulted in the matter, of that there is no doubt.

Whats the highest level?

Spurs in the EPL and not in Europe every year and not challenging for titles.

or

Rangers in the SPL, challenging for trophies and playing in the CL every other season.

I suppose it comes down to player preference.

Now if Man Utd or Arsenal were to make a move, that would be something different.

I never said he should sign for Spurs. I'm not having a go at Hutton. I wouldn't join Spurs if I was him at the moment. You'd want to see how Ramos does with them over the next 6 months at least. Hopefully he's got a better offer or he thinks that he'd be better off moving at the end of the season or in the next couple of years.

Playing for Spurs in the EPL, regardless of if they are challenging for trophies or not, is a higher level than the SPL. You'd be mad to suggest otherwise. Can't see Spurs getting into the CL anytime soon so he might lose out on 6 games there but Spurs definitely have the potential to be a UEFA Cup team.

Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

Hutton for more than £4million? Yer' havin' a laugh.

ho ho ho </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

har har har.

And Hutton best right back in the UK? Ghahahaha!

Sagna, Finnan, Belleti, Neville, Richards....jeeez, even Chimbonda is better than him. He turned it down because he knows he will flop down in England and wouldn't get away with the amount of stuff he would up here.

+ He was banned from Craigmarloch Lodge for trying to start a fight while drunk. this was 2/3 weeks ago.

Hutton may not be the best right back in the UK but he's certainly most coveted by a number of clubs at home and abroad so £8million will be the minimum fee we should be looking for for him.

He's still raw, still rash, still awkward defensively, still young and still relatively inexperienced. But he's a damn fine player and the kind of attacking full back any top team will pay top dollar for.

I'd be gutted to lose him but if we got around £10million to invest in other areas of the team (plus a few million more from other sources) then I'd reluctantly sell for the good of the team. I'd be just as happy to see him stay though.

icon_smile.gif

Gonna be interesting to see if any of the Scottish newspapers will report it as what it is....

a slam in the face to Rangers as a club. If the chairman has accepted an offer and the manager (as jimbo says) has agreed to sell him it can only been seen as a defeat to David Murray and the club

Originally posted by Number 7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

Hutton for more than £4million? Yer' havin' a laugh.

ho ho ho </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

har har har.

And Hutton best right back in the UK? Ghahahaha!

Sagna, Finnan, Belleti, Neville, Richards....jeeez, even Chimbonda is better than him. He turned it down because he knows he will flop down in England and wouldn't get away with the amount of stuff he would up here.

+ He was banned from Craigmarloch Lodge for trying to start a fight while drunk. this was 2/3 weeks ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So please tell... If Chimbonda is better, why have Spurs tried to sign his replacement?

Are we talking through a hole in our bum bum little 7

Originally posted by DKB:

Gonna be interesting to see if any of the Scottish newspapers will report it as what it is....

a slam in the face to Rangers as a club. If the chairman has accepted an offer and the manager (as jimbo says) has agreed to sell him it can only been seen as a defeat to David Murray and the club

Eh...

Transfers are turned down all the time. at the end of the day its down to the player.

You talk as much bum bum as little 7

icon_biggrin.gif

It's not a defeat for the club. They understandably would be happy to accept a certain fee for certain players. They left it up to Hutton to decide whether or not he wanted to go. He didn't. We're happy, Hutton's happy and Spurs are the unhappy ones leaking the story to the London press....

A slap in the face... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Spurs had a bid accepted for Ole Solskjaer in the summer of 1998 and Fergie was prepared to let him go but he turned it down. real 'slam in the face' that turned out to be, bet everyone at the club was gutted...

i would be quite dissapointed you lost out on £8m, hes a good player but not worth anything like that IMO but its not a great surprise considering the amounts club in england will pay.

I dont see the full-back positions as being greatly important compared to other positions and the money could gave been used to strengthen the left hand side of the team which is needed at the moment and possibly a striker as there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding your players in that position. you already have whittaker to play there who could probably slot in easily for the SPL games at least

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKB:

Eh...

Transfers are turned down all the time. at the end of the day its down to the player.

You talk as much bum bum as little 7 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs if your owner and manager think that a transfer is the best thing for the club and accept an offer for a player, if the transfer don't happend then it is a slap in the face, you can't hide that behind the subject that Marray and Smith screwed up by not asking Hutton before trying to flock him off to Spurs. But can't blame them for a club to come in and put in a £8m offer for Hutton you have to bite their hand off before they pull it back

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKB:

Eh...

ffs if your owner and manager think that a transfer is the best thing for the club and accept an offer for a player, if the transfer don't happend then it is a slap in the face, you can't hide that behind the subject that Marray and Smith screwed up by not asking Hutton before trying to flock him off to Spurs. But can't blame them for a club to come in and put in a £8m offer for Hutton you have to bite their hand off before they pull it back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Alan Hutton doesnt leave Rangers, I dont think anyone will be unhappy.

Where do some people get their sense of logic from...? icon_biggrin.gif

DKB, if you want to talk about transfers behind player's backs, unhappy managers and slapping of faces ask Peter Liewell about the sale of Kenny Miller... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Frankie:

DKB, if you want to talk about transfers behind player's backs, unhappy managers and slapping of faces ask Peter Liewell about the sale of Kenny Miller... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Hey I would only be unhappy with Lawell if he hadn't accepted £3m for Miller icon_wink.gif Great piece of buiness for us icon14.gif

Eh...

ffs if your owner and manager think that a transfer is the best thing for the club and accept an offer for a player, if the transfer don't happend then it is a slap in the face, you can't hide that behind the subject that Marray and Smith screwed up by not asking Hutton before trying to flock him off to Spurs. But can't blame them for a club to come in and put in a £8m offer for Hutton you have to bite their hand off before they pull it back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're talking complete nonsense pal. Rangers clearly don't want to sell Hutton if at all possible. A bid's come in that apparently has been considered too good to be true so by the looks of it they've left it up to the player to decide. if he goes for it, they get a hell of a lot of money. if he doesn't, they keep a very good player. it's essentially a no-lose situation. it most certainly isn't a 'slap in the face'.

That was papers.. papers also said Rivaldo was coming to Celtic 3/4 years ago, and what about the Zidane thing last (2006) year. Zidane to Celtic? Yer havin' a laugh.

Oh aye, and Roy Keane to Celtic!!!.. oh.

Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Eh...

you're talking complete nonsense pal. Rangers clearly don't want to sell Hutton if at all possible. A bid's come in that apparently has been considered too good to be true so by the looks of it they've left it up to the player to decide. if he goes for it, they get a hell of a lot of money. if he doesn't, they keep a very good player. it's essentially a no-lose situation. it most certainly isn't a 'slap in the face'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You obviously don't watch alot of football. He's only rated good because he kicks players off the field to get the ball, he gets away with murder.

Liewell icon_biggrin.gif

You obviously don't watch alot of football. He's only rated good because he kicks players off the field to get the ball, he gets away with murder.

brilliance icon_biggrin.gif I expect the Premiership scouts haven't seen how he's become the most developed player in Scottish football over the last year then icon_cool.gif star performances for the Scottish national team and in the highest level at club level, the Champions League

although I expect I'll get McGeadinho is worth £15m, at least he's found some sort of end product to his play now, was wondering when that would happen if ever

Originally posted by fbc_89:

tbf it works for Bobo the Messiah still. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He isn't dirty... he just scares the shiz outta' players icon_biggrin.gif

1. Hutton cannot tackle, when he tries he gets a free kick against him

2. He doesn't have a decent shot

3. He doesn't have a decent cross

4. He can't header

5. He acts like a pussy when he gets tackled, I'd imagine he'd be like Joey Barton in jail.

TM - I'm not saying he hasn't developed, I'm saying hes never, ever, ever in a million years worth even £2m. McGeady however, is more reasonable at £8m.

In all of the midst though, this is only my opinion. You don't need to read this.

He's not the best in Britain, but he's definitely top 5. Of course, longevity is a question, but there's no reason not to think he won't achieve that over the next few years.

Oh and he's better than both Chimbonda and Eboue by miles behind Neville (despite injuries, he's proven he's the best in Britain by a distance), Richards (centre back for City, but he's proven with England that he's awesome at RB) and then it's fairly close between Sagna and Hutton. Finnan's overrated, good but he's not great.

Besides, if/when you do sell him you've got a fairly capable replacement in Whittaker if you get a solid right winger in.

Originally posted by Number 7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fbc_89:

tbf it works for Bobo the Messiah still. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He isn't dirty... he just scares the shiz outta' players icon_biggrin.gif

1. Hutton cannot tackle, when he tries he gets a free kick against him

2. He doesn't have a decent shot

3. He doesn't have a decent cross

4. He can't header

5. He acts like a pussy when he gets tackled, I'd imagine he'd be like Joey Barton in jail.

TM - I'm not saying he hasn't developed, I'm saying hes never, ever, ever in a million years worth even £2m. McGeady however, is more reasonable at £8m.

In all of the midst though, this is only my opinion. You don't need to read this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Number 7. You are a hoot

i dont see why spurs would want him, there problem is they let too much goals in, i dont think huttons style of play wont help with that.

i have my doubts about him going to play in the EPL, hes been a bit of an unknown til now against some of the bigger teams but if he goes for a big transfer like that then he will get a lot more attention and it will be made much tougher for him. Only time will tell i guess and it could me the making of him

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

i dont see why spurs would want him, there problem is they let too much goals in, i dont think huttons style of play wont help with that.

i have my doubts about him going to play in the EPL, hes been a bit of an unknown til now against some of the bigger teams but if he goes for a big transfer like that then he will get a lot more attention and it will be made much tougher for him. Only time will tell i guess and it could me the making of him

he won't go. he KNOWS he'll flop as he goes.

Originally posted by diamond lights:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by morton2003:

Rangers defender Alan Hutton has asked for time to <STRIKE>consider a potential move to Tottenham.</STRIKE> see if any better offers come in

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

of that was turethat would be fair enough, if your being linked with man utd then you would prefer to go to them, tottenham are a bit like newcastle where it doesnt matter who they buy or hom much they spend they always seem to fall short

Think number 7 is one of these guys that moans in the FM bugs fourm that McGeady's PA isn't higher than Robben's icon_biggrin.gif.

Great price for Hutton, and if he stays then fair play to the lad, he could have rushed away first chance he got and maybe done himself in over the long-term by going south too soon. I know he will go there eventually, but hopefully not for another couple of years. If he does go, £8million isn't to be sniffed at.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi:

Think number 7 is one of these guys that moans in the FM bugs fourm that McGeady's PA isn't higher than Robben's icon_biggrin.gif.

Great price for Hutton, and if he stays then fair play to the lad, he could have rushed away first chance he got and maybe done himself in over the long-term by going south too soon. I know he will go there eventually, but hopefully not for another couple of years. If he does go, £8million isn't to be sniffed at.

Nope, cba with the bugs forum and McGeady isn't better than Robben. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diamond lights:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by morton2003:

Rangers defender Alan Hutton has asked for time to <STRIKE>consider a potential move to Tottenham.</STRIKE> see if any better offers come in

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

of that was turethat would be fair enough, if your being linked with man utd then you would prefer to go to them, tottenham are a bit like newcastle where it doesnt matter who they buy or hom much they spend they always seem to fall short </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he even good enough for Man Utd? I've never seen him play, so I don't have a clue. That's a lot of money for a full back though.

IMO no. hes good going forward but the recent game against lyon showed a few signs that he has a long way to go defensively. He isnt a great tackler and is a little too hot-headed.

Similar to in england, whenever any young player up here has a decent season hes then banded about by the media as being far better than they actually are. mcfadden, maloney, scott brown, chris burke, kris boyd, stephen mcmanus to name a few have all been talked about like this and none have lived up to it

Archived