The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i do beleive that out of all of them he maybe has the best chance to succeed and he is a good athlete and as bags of confidence ATM but he would have to cut out his rashness. You could say its a risk but most big money signings are.

as i said earlier a dont think hes not going to stop you conceding goals but will help you score them and thats not what you really need at the moment is it?

Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

He's not the best in Britain, but he's definitely top 5. Of course, longevity is a question, but there's no reason not to think he won't achieve that over the next few years.

Oh and he's better than both Chimbonda and Eboue by miles behind Neville (despite injuries, he's proven he's the best in Britain by a distance), Richards (centre back for City, but he's proven with England that he's awesome at RB) and then it's fairly close between Sagna and Hutton. Finnan's overrated, good but he's not great.

Besides, if/when you do sell him you've got a fairly capable replacement in Whittaker if you get a solid right winger in.

Thanks feck for Stephen proving that not all Celtic fans are utter morons. (Although we knew that anyway).

Some typical silly responses from those we know are utter morons.

A player is worth what a club wants to pay, Hutton may not, yet, be the best right back in the UK, but if continues to progress he won't be far off it and it's that potential that clubs will be hoping to buy. Only total morons with no concept of what makes a good player and wearing their club tinted specs can't see that. (Mind you most of the repliers wearing the green specs are 12 I suppose.)

Originally posted by diamond lights:

No, but if he can defend setpieces, then that would be an upgrade on Chimbonda.

He can't.

PeaceMaker - I know your probably aiming that at me, but your opinion is hes good and mine is he isn't. If he learned to defend and get the dirtiness out his play, then mabye yes, he'd be worth £6m-£8m. Until then, my opinion won't change. I rate Whittaker mind you, I wanted him to come to Celtic.

Originally posted by diamond lights:

No, but if he can defend setpieces, then that would be an upgrade on Chimbonda.

i couldn't really tell you about that, the rangers fans will know more about that than me.

im guessing he would be better than chimbonda

plus you payed a lot more than £8m for bale from a championship side from what i can remember, going by that then you could say paying that for hutton would be reasonale. we wont know until we actually see him in the EPL, if he ever does go

I think Hutton is worth every penny of the £8million if he moves.

Bags of potential, and look at the performances he puts in for club and country in the big games. He would thrive in front of a huge home support (do spurs fill white hart lane?)

I actually have no idea if he can defend setpieces or not, mostly that's left to players like Carlos or Weir icon_cool.gif

was rash in the tackle about a few years ago, seems to have cleaned up the act since then as even I don't sit and think that he might get sent off or booked every time he tackles icon14.gif

has a great engine on him and has improved massively on his dribbling, the defending is definitely suspect at times and I reckon some more time with us and in CL/national action would probably do the lad more good.

obviously in the same way with Boum, I wouldn't really care how he did in the Premiership as we'd have the money, but in away I'm telling a lie as I'd like to see Hutton be a success whenever he does move away as it makes our youth system look good. Still reckon he could get found out against the bigger and better teams, but I think he'd probably do enough to be a success and would develop for Scotland's sake as well icon14.gif

I honestly think that Hutton should stay at least another season, but from a Scotland pov he needs to get out of the SPL in order to really progress and away from the narrow minded individuals who can't see past the ends of their noses if a player doesn't play for their club. Too many potentially decent Scots have stayed here when moving would have done them a lot more good. Obviously you have to pick the right club to move to of course.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

I honestly think that Hutton should stay at least another season, but from a Scotland pov he needs to get out of the SPL in order to really progress and away from the narrow minded individuals who can't see past the ends of their noses if a player doesn't play for their club . Too many potentially decent Scots have stayed here when moving would have done them a lot more good. Obviously you have to pick the right club to move to of course.

you have to admit this happens both ways though, just as you get celtic fans who dont rate hutton but the same goes to rangers fans with mcgeady and even nakamura even though he was the player of the year last year

Some of the desperation in here has been laughable. icon_biggrin.gif

Nobody at the club wants to lose Hutton, but it would be no disaster and most of us are pragmatic enough to see how £8m is simply too good to turn down. Whatever happens, it's a strong position for the club to be in and likewise for the player, no matter how anyone else wants to spin it.

Would rather be negotiating multi-million pound transfers of bright, young Scottish players who have come through the ranks than constantly trying to shift the likes of Ricksen and Sionko for feck all.

The sale could be a great move but only IF we invest the money correctly.

IF we buy 2 or 3 players from the money (we may be able to add another few million as well) then it could provide the kind of team we need to win trophies consistently again.

That in turn could help alleviate any debt and help ensure we don't need to sell a future 'Hutton' again simply to create essential transfer monies.

Ultimately though more questions than answers remain about whether the current administration are capable of acting on that train of thought. That is the only thing about this transfer saga (for that's what it will become) that worries me.

No matter, the chance to return to the top of the league tomorrow shows were generally on the right track.

• SI Staff

Good news that he's sticking around. Probably not the best move to go somewhere like Tottenham. I wonder if he would have the same reaction if Man Utd come calling?

Whittaker must be gutted icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Some of the desperation in here has been laughable. icon_biggrin.gif

Nobody at the club wants to lose Hutton, but it would be no disaster and most of us are pragmatic enough to see how £8m is simply too good to turn down. Whatever happens, it's a strong position for the club to be in and likewise for the player, no matter how anyone else wants to spin it.

Would rather be negotiating multi-million pound transfers of bright, young Scottish players who have come through the ranks than constantly trying to shift the likes of Ricksen and Sionko for feck all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

total agreement on both points, well said chaps

for the benefit of the dribbling fools who think that Rangers drink to sell the player without bothering to consult him...

It is understood Murray urged Hutton to turn his back on the Premiership and assist manager Walter Smith in his bid to win the title back from rivals Celtic.

But Murray also made it clear he would not stand in Hutton's way if the riches on offer - the player stood to pocket as much as £40,000 a week had he joined Juande Ramos' side - proved too great to resist.

tbh think Hutsqueeze should move this opportunity might not come up again all it takes is a bad tackle and hes minced.

8 million would be great for us I know he is a talisman player but playing with the big boys in the prem is a good move.

Although Utd would obviously be a much better choice probably get more of a game.

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

i would be quite dissapointed you lost out on £8m, hes a good player but not worth anything like that IMO but its not a great surprise considering the amounts club in england will pay.

I dont see the full-back positions as being greatly important compared to other positions and the money could gave been used to strengthen the left hand side of the team which is needed at the moment and possibly a striker as there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding your players in that position. you already have whittaker to play there who could probably slot in easily for the SPL games at least

icon_biggrin.gif

Just summed up your knowledge of football with that sentence.

Every position is as important as the other.

The importance of having a full back as good as Alan Hutton was shown in the Scotland v Georgia game.

On the whole, I am pleased if Hutton is staying altho a large transfer fee could have helped strengthen areas of the team where there is still some weakness. There have been many games since Smith came back where Hutton has shown how far he has advanced this season. There have also been some games where he has also shown that he still has some way to go to be the finished article but he has IMMENSE potential and that is what the current suitors are trying to buy, not neccessarily what he is at the moment. He is till a bit frail defensively and is prone to rash tackles which lead to disciplinary problems but he has the ability to be a top player both for Rangers and Scotland for many years to come if he wants it enough. Hopefully his decision means that he does. icon_smile.gif

What I like most about Hutton is when he runs forward with the ball and cuts inside, that is very very tough to defend against. He still has a lot to learn, no-one would dispute that, but he shows just how important a really good attacking fullback can be.

Hopefully he will stay, but £8M is not to be sniffed at so if another club comes in and he decides to go, then good luck to him. Either way, we win.

Originally posted by DKB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKB:

Gonna be interesting to see if any of the Scottish newspapers will report it as what it is....

a slam in the face to Rangers as a club. If the chairman has accepted an offer and the manager (as jimbo says) has agreed to sell him it can only been seen as a defeat to David Murray and the club

Eh...

Transfers are turned down all the time. at the end of the day its down to the player.

You talk as much bum bum as little 7 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs if your owner and manager think that a transfer is the best thing for the club and accept an offer for a player, if the transfer don't happend then it is a slap in the face, you can't hide that behind the subject that Marray and Smith screwed up by not asking Hutton before trying to flock him off to Spurs. But can't blame them for a club to come in and put in a £8m offer for Hutton you have to bite their hand off before they pull it back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so if you were in hutton's position you would rather your club ignored your own ambitions/thoughts and just accepted/rejected the bid.

whether he is going to leave or not, if a club comes in and offers rangers (or any SPL club for that matter) a large amount of money then it would be foolish of the team to not consider seling the player.

as we do have a suitable replacement, making 8 million for player that came thrugh the ranks is sound business, and gives the academy players hope that they can progress.

matter of opinion as to whether hutton is worth 8million, but the SPL is not a rich league, and that type of money can rarely be turned town

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony_cfc:

i would be quite dissapointed you lost out on £8m, hes a good player but not worth anything like that IMO but its not a great surprise considering the amounts club in england will pay.

I dont see the full-back positions as being greatly important compared to other positions and the money could gave been used to strengthen the left hand side of the team which is needed at the moment and possibly a striker as there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding your players in that position. you already have whittaker to play there who could probably slot in easily for the SPL games at least

icon_biggrin.gif

The importance of having a full back as good as Alan Hutton was shown in the Scotland v Georgia game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well then tell me how many left and right backs have went for record transfer values?

if they where just as valueable then they would go for the same sums of money as other positions but as far as i know they icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony_cfc:

icon_biggrin.gif

The importance of having a full back as good as Alan Hutton was shown in the Scotland v Georgia game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well then tell me how many left and right backs have went for record transfer values?

if they where just as valueable then they would go for the same sums of money as other positions but as far as i know they dont icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

isnt daniel alves of sevilla rated at around 20mil+? and teams were after micah richards last season when he was playing at right back with projected fees of 10-15mil?

chelsea were daft enough to pay 6 million for glen johnson, and hutton is a lot better than he is imho.

plenty of other full backs who have commanded respected transfer fees too

Originally posted by Number 7:

underwater, i know its your honest opinion but thats rated and until hutton goes to the premiership (if he ever does) you don't know if hes better than Glen Johnson.

Stop stirring ***** number 7. Its not big and youre not clever.

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

How the hell am I stirring it?

You're You're in here trying to be a noise up.....

WE AREN'T INTERESTED WEE MAN! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can all the silly little boys in hreen and white hoops please go back and spout nonsense in their own thread please. **** sake why are you all so bothered about Rangers players anyway.

they already are icon_frown.gif

I'm giving my opinion, if you don't want to read it, don't.

Your 'opinion' is just a load of biased, childish bollox. Come back when you can stop acting like a moron and behave like a normal person. Mibbe ask Stephen and Jeebs for some lessons.

Who said Hutton was better than McGeady? Isn't that biased?

Just because Jeebs and Stephen think he is a good player, doesn't mean they are normal. That is their opinion, this is mine.

Plus, whats so biased about thinking Hutton is a load of bollox? Biased is saying Rangers are the worst team in the SPL, biased is saying Celtic could beat Milan 4-0 over 2 legs, biased is saying McGeady is the best player in the world. Did I say any of this?

There is a slight difference between RB and Striker in value.

It doesnt disregard how important left and right back are.

Strikers and goal scoring midfielders have always been the dearest. Everyone knows goals adds value and its pretty hard to add a lot of goals to your came from a position such as hutton.

However disregarding the likes of maldini and cafu who have been invaluable to their teams over the years is just stupid.

underwater, i know its your honest opinion but thats rated and until hutton goes to the premiership (if he ever does) you don't know if hes better than Glen Johnson.

well johnson cant defend, isnt a great short or long range passer of the ball and would get beaten to a header by my nana. johnson had potential, that is why chelsea bought him. he never lived up to it. hutton is a bit older, and a bit wiser. has proved what he can do in europe and has international experience. compared to johnson, when chelsea bought him, i would say that hutton would be a better aquisition.

we all know hutton is not the finished article, and he could easily go on to greater things and be a world class full back... on the other hand he could go the same way as many other young prospects and **** it all away. we cn only wait and see

Archived