The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

tbf, McGeady's not done a lot against Hutton.

tbf, he has done nothing on his last two visits to Fir Park, and in the CIS Cup game was marked out of the game by Fitzy, a player almost all Motherwell fans want out the door.

Bottom line single matches don't mean jack. He has done it at a high stage, which many a team sees.

Looking at the bigger picture, I have a feeling Hutton has been "tapped" up by a bigger club than Spurs, because he certainly hasn't done it out of loyalty to Rangers Football Club.

Good luck to Hutton wherever he goes, he's very important to the future of Scotland icon14.gif

It would be good to see another Scot down south for a big club in England, would mean no doubt in more matches that they would out number the amount of English players

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ATW:

Looking at the bigger picture, I have a feeling Hutton has been "tapped" up by a bigger club than Spurs, because he certainly hasn't done it out of loyalty to Rangers Football Club.

I'm inclined to agree with this, and if so fair play to him. It is an endless source of frustration to me seeing players leaving either of the Old Firm clubs to go and play for undeniably smaller clubs in England simply because they play in the supposedly fantastical Premiership. It's one thing if Manchester United or Liverpool come knocking but quite another to go rushing down there for the "honour" of representing Sunderland, Derby or Blackburn (not to mention Spurs it would appear!)

Originally posted by Haz:

ahh but there's quite a difference between the £8m being discussed here and the washers we offer our feeder clubs up in Scotland icon_biggrin.gif

That's true (although, by past goings on we're more likely to be Celtic's feeder)

Originally posted by gavinkil:

There is a slight difference between RB and Striker in value.

It doesnt disregard how important left and right back are.

Strikers and goal scoring midfielders have always been the dearest. Everyone knows goals adds value and its pretty hard to add a lot of goals to your came from a position such as hutton.

However disregarding the likes of maldini and cafu who have been invaluable to their teams over the years is just stupid.

you have got completly the wrong end of the point im making, i dont see why i would disregarded two players who have been legends of the game. the point i was making was that they could use the money to improve the whole squad, having a good players around the team is better than having 1 better player in the RB position IMO, especially when they have a decent back-up

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinkil:

There is a slight difference between RB and Striker in value.

It doesnt disregard how important left and right back are.

Strikers and goal scoring midfielders have always been the dearest. Everyone knows goals adds value and its pretty hard to add a lot of goals to your came from a position such as hutton.

However disregarding the likes of maldini and cafu who have been invaluable to their teams over the years is just stupid.

you have got completly the wrong end of the point im making, i dont see why i would disregarded two players who have been legends of the game. the point i was making was that they could use the money to improve the whole squad, having a good players around the team is better than having 1 better player in the RB position IMO, especially when they have a decent back-up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm actually going to stick up for tony a bit here, I know what he means and is something I have been thinking about with regards the Hutton situation.

We have Whittaker to replace Hutton if/when he goes, people agree he is a decent replacement, certainly in the SPL. Now, if we get £8 million and spend that on three positions where we are not a strong then that is a good thing.

For example, a good creative midfielder might be more of an influence than a great right-back, obviously this open to debate. Depends a lot on how certain teams play of course.

to use a cliche "goals win matches" even if you conceed 5 and score 6, you win the match icon14.gif

which is probably why strikers go for the highest values or attacking midfielders than LB/RBs, although they are important - but goals are much more important

Do any of you really wish Hutton would stay for the forseeable future (not just till end of year) Rather than cashing in 8-9million on him?

I really cant see any situation where keeping him long term would benefit rangers, the team with whittaker in instead of hutton would not be hugely downgraded and if the 8mill was invested well then the team as a whole would improve immensly.

I certainly know as a celtic which I'd prefer; rangers + hutton or rangers + 8mill.

to add an extra point to what im saying about full back.

most people at the start of the season though celtic needed full backs more than any other position but strachan never really addressed the problem and basically stuck with what we had last season, thinking that would be enough to get us through and made his main signing in the attacking positions

same goes with rangers in a way, smith knew he would be without smith for a while but decided to stick with papac who isnt a full back, dont think he is even left footed and made it his priority to get players in other positions first.

Originally posted by gavinkil:

Already said I would sell Hutton.

What would you do if Man utd offered 8 mill for Mcmanus?

Same sort of question really.

I'd bite their hand off. McManus is over-hyped and I wouldn't of given him captaincy. I would of given it to Boruc or Hartley.

Originally posted by Anton:

Do any of you really wish Hutton would stay for the forseeable future (not just till end of year) Rather than cashing in 8-9million on him?

I really cant see any situation where keeping him long term would benefit rangers, the team with whittaker in instead of hutton would not be hugely downgraded and if the 8mill was invested well then the team as a whole would improve immensly.

I certainly know as a celtic which I'd prefer; rangers + hutton or rangers + 8mill.

As I said earlier.

If Hutton goes and we get £8 million, Great. If Hutton stays then we have a very good player still at the club.

It's a win win situation for Rangers.

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Cousin isn't good enough for the Premiership, he's barely good enough for the SPL.

If Cousin sorted his attitude he'd do well in the EPL IMO, he certainly has the ability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Biased towards your own players? icon_wink.gif

icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Number 7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Cousin isn't good enough for the Premiership, he's barely good enough for the SPL.

If Cousin sorted his attitude he'd do well in the EPL IMO, he certainly has the ability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Biased towards your own players? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should stop. It wasn't that funny the first time and it's not getting any funnier now.

Originally posted by fbc_89:

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

Biased towards your own players? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should stop. It wasn't that funny the first time and it's not getting any funnier now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats exactly why I ignored him fbc

Originally posted by Number 7:

No sense of humour anyone?

Why do you think I put the safety wink?

I have a sense of humour, however it doesn't account for repetition of "jokes" that were far from terrific in the first place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

Even though we say it, you have become very tiresome little 7 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The little 7 thing has become very tiresome also.

Originally posted by fbc_89:

I have a sense of humour, however it doesn't account for repetition of "jokes" that were far from terrific in the first place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mabye your ''jokes'' are different from what I think ''jokes'' should be. You might like 'Why did the chicken cross the road?', my sense of jokes is winding people up etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ibroxhero:

Hurrah to the ref icon14.gif 2-0

Burke sounds like he's having a blinder icon_cool.gif

Playing well, his crossed for both goals have been good, but his delivery from corners has been terrible once again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least over the last few games he has appeared to add the end product to his dribbling icon14.gif

Archived