The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

guess it shows Cousin's ambition when he wants to leave us for a team who are set for a relegation battle. Yeah I know it's the EPL, but Fulham? ffs icon_biggrin.gif

anyway, I guess MON showing how much he still loves us by quoting an over-inflated price for an "EPL striker" icon_biggrin.gif if he was an EPL striker, then MON would actually use him, anyone else and it would be 70% slashed off the price I expect

don't want him anyway, would rather we looked somewhere else. The timing of the Cousin selling does worry me though, I can see this money being used to bring in another Maniero/Jeffers icon_mad.gif (even though they didn't cost anything but the wages) icon_wink.gif

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

I'm not too worried. £3m is good money for a player we paid £750k for less than six months ago who had never hidden his desire to leave for the Premiership. He's been decent recently but before that there were games where you wouldn't even have known he was playing.

We don't really need to rush out and get a replacement either as we've still got a lot of attacking options. I'd probably even prefer McCulloch there to the wing. Then there is Boyd, Darcheville and even Buffel if needed. That's not even mentioning Novo or Naismith and probably others I've forgotten.

Originally posted by Ter:

I'm not too worried. £3m is good money for a player we paid £750k for less than six months ago who had never hidden his desire to leave for the Premiership. He's been decent recently but before that there were games where you wouldn't even have known he was playing.

We don't really need to rush out and get a replacement either as we've still got a lot of attacking options. I'd probably even prefer McCulloch there to the wing. Then there is Boyd, Darcheville and even Buffel if needed. That's not even mentioning Novo or Naismith and probably others I've forgotten.

Totally disagree, we need someone in. I dont think those options are good enough. JCD is never fit. Boyd is Boyd and I dont really rate Novo and McCulloch wont get us goals.

would like to see Novo through the middle at times tbh, although he just seems to be better as an impact sub. Although with the tactics we play, Boyd and Novo have no chance because they can't hold the ball up and bring others into play

agree with the idea of the £2m+ profit, but I expect we were waiting for somebody to pay the money for Cousin so Walter could have a last-gasp spend in the market

Originally posted by Vidmar14:

We signed a 30 year old guy, got 6 good months from him and made a 2 million profit.

no bad icon_cool.gif

With you on that! icon14.gif

Originally posted by Vidmar14:

If we could sell a cousin every year it would be great buisness for us.

We signed a 30 year old guy, got 6 good months from him and made a 2 million profit.

no bad icon_cool.gif

Pretty much spot on.

Will be interested to see how he does at Fulham.

The best deal for us with Moore would be a loan deal until the end of the season.

I was starting to be more and more impressed by Cousin but like somebody said, that could be due to the fact the transfer window is open and his performances and enthusiasm has improved. Would like to see Boyd back in the side with Naismith alongside.

• SI Staff

BBC is saying this is the squad for tomorrow...

G Smith, Whittaker, Cuellar, Broadfoot, Papac, Burke, Gow, McCulloch, Adam, Boyd, Novo, Carroll, Buffel, Hemdani, Naismith, Fleck, Furman, Efrem

I'd go with...

Smith (GK)

Whittaker (DR)

Papac (DL)

Cuellar (DC)

Broadfoot (DC)

Hemdani (MC)

Furman (MC)

Fleck (AMR)

Gow (AML)

Novo (FC)

Boyd (FC)

Probably a bit of newspaper filling going on.

Howay Hemandi?

TALES FROM THE TABS

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »

View GalleryWITH the days whizzing by before the transfer window snaps shut, speculation of late, breaking moves cranked up a notch in yesterday's Scottish editions, with The Sun reporting that Middlesbrough are mulling a move for Rangers midfielder Brahim Hemdani.

Gareth Southgate will, according to the report, look to Hemdani to slot into his squad, but only if the North East side lose the services of George Boateng, who has been linked with a £3.5m move to Sunderland.

Howay? we are not bloody Geordies icon_mad.gif

• SI Staff

Yeah I can't see Hemdani going anywhere. He's getting games, seems happy enough and we don't have much cover in central midfield with Thomson being out for the next month.

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

If Hemdani is sold then serious questions need to be asked of Smith.

Well lets be honest, the guy isnt a regular. IMO we should be looking to offload him. The wages spent on him could be better used.

Although the injury to Thomson makes things a little harder.

• SI Staff
Well lets be honest, the guy isnt a regular. IMO we should be looking to offload him. The wages spent on him could be better used.

Well let's thank the lord god Marvin Andrews that you aren't the manager! icon_biggrin.gif

From the PA

One striker likely to feature in tonight’s Scottish Cup fourth-round tie against East Stirling is youngster John Fleck.

The 16-year-old - nephew of former Rangers and Scotland forward Robert Fleck - is set to become the youngest player to pull on the light blue jersey since Derek Ferguson back in 1984.

Smith said: “Fleck won’t start the game. He has been involved in the early part of the season but we felt it was better to let him settle down.

“He will play early for us, though. Sometimes some of the lads who come into the squad do so because of the under-21 ruling but he is one who will be involved in our team.

“I don’t know so much about this season but at some point and, depending on how the game goes, hopefully he can get a run-out (tonight).

“He deserves it. When he comes and trains with the first team he looks like a good player.â€

Roy Carroll could also feature tonight as his return south of the border remains on hold with Rangers searching for a replacement goalkeeper.

Derby were keen to recruit the former Manchester United and West Ham stopper, while Sunderland’s Darren Ward remains a target for Rangers.

Smith said: “We are having a problem getting another goalie and as soon as I get one, Roy can leave.

“He is still here. We had initially agreed the Darren Ward move but we are having a little bit of a problem with that, although it is not finished we will just have to wait and see.

Archived