The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

Hopefully Whittaker will be able to step into Hutton's boots and be an able replacement. Think he'll need some time though.

Will give us a bit of money to strengthen the team as well. Still sad to see him go. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Jorg:

Oh dear, this could be a horrible week.

If Hutton leaves now then we will be rushing into signings and paying over the odds because clubs know we have the money. Don't fancy Samaras at all, doesn't seem physical enough if he is expected to replace Cousin. Any deal for a striker only needs to be a loan deal.

The keeper situation isn't a huge concern but will be interesting to see if anything gets sorted out.

Ok then, Hutton has left. I just hope we don't start chucking money at average players.

This gives us a few days but lets not waste money.

Originally posted by miketheheadlesschicken:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Yip, he should do pretty well down there as long as he's given the chance to develop...

Hopefully he spoke to Ramos and Poyet as well as Commoli. I've seen quotes from Ramos suggesting he doesn't know anything about Alan Hutton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you like to hope that Hutton has made the correct decision, time will tell.

Originally posted by miketheheadlesschicken:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Yip, he should do pretty well down there as long as he's given the chance to develop...

Hopefully he spoke to Ramos and Poyet as well as Commoli. I've seen quotes from Ramos suggesting he doesn't know anything about Alan Hutton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yip, the new manager won't have sanctioned an £10million move for one of the brightest prospects in World football. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Cheers guys, make no mistake this deal was done with the approval of Ramos & he fits in the ideal mould of overlapping full back that his tactics thrive from.

Will the whole fee be spent by Rangers do you think or just some of it?

With David Murray in charge, anything is possible. We'll tell you Friday at 00.01 icon_biggrin.gif

Why couldn't we have waited until the end of the season? We've got 3 OF games still to play which will ultimately decide the title. Considering Hutton's had McGeady in his pocket in the last few encounters, his departure could cost us the title. And if rumours are to be believed, Hutton was forced out of the club. I sometimes wonder about SDM, and if he really cares about anything other than his profile and money...

Originally posted by gio:

Why couldn't we have waited until the end of the season? We've got 3 OF games still to play which will ultimately decide the title. Considering Hutton's had McGeady in his pocket in the last few encounters, his departure could cost us the title. And if rumours are to be believed, Hutton was forced out of the club. I sometimes wonder about SDM, and if he really cares about anything other than his profile and money...

Considering McGeady didn't start the last old firm..quite hard to have him in his pocket

Originally posted by theholyone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gio:

Considering McGeady didn't start the last old firm..quite hard to have him in his pocket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There will have been a reason for that, and he wasnt carrying an injury. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gio:

Considering McGeady didn't start the last old firm..quite hard to have him in his pocket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There will have been a reason for that, and he wasnt carrying an injury. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Strachan ain't to bright and went for Jarosik instead?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

There will have been a reason for that, and he wasnt carrying an injury. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Strachan ain't to bright and went for Jarosik instead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'd go more along the lines of that McGeady has struggled big time when it has came to Hutton, you will disagree. But the evidence is their to support that thought as McGeady hasnt done much against us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

Because Strachan ain't to bright and went for Jarosik instead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'd go more along the lines of that McGeady has struggled big time when it has came to Hutton, you will disagree. But the evidence is their to support that thought as McGeady hasnt done much against us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah apart from scoring,quite alot of assists..and 3 man of the match awards..he has done nothing

Hutton this season has looked a good player..I always thought he had the signs of a good player in him to be fair,Don't think Whittaker is in the same class as him,Dont think Hutton is worth 9m either though.

Rangers manager Walter Smith told the club's website: "It would look as though, after the remaining formalities, he will now join Spurs.

"Everyone at the club is disappointed that he's leaving. It was up to Alan to decide what he wanted to do."

pathetic on Walter's behalf there, we all know whose decision it was, so don't fob us off icon_rolleyes.gif

I expect Hutton got sick of "just go lad, we can get money" in his ears for about 20 days and decided that he wasn't wanted anymore, great job Sir icon14.gif now time to buy more players to rival Maniero and Jeffers then

I know Hutton was going to leave, but this late in the transfer window is not how to do it, leaving us scrambling about in the transfer window - although I doubt we'll even spend any of it tbh, probably ol Dave has the money earmarked for something in his holding companies icon_cool.gif

but i thought we got the OF game postponed because mcgeady was suspended? that would have been a bit pointless as hes got no chance against cafu

Cousin has been knocked back for his move to Fulham. Back to Rangers with you Daniel

If thats true its a ****ing disgrace. They broke the rule before and now they have no excuse. Pathetic rule anyway. Means we're stuck with the lazy git till the summer.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Cousin has been knocked back for his move to Fulham. Back to Rangers with you Daniel

If thats true its a ****ing disgrace. They broke the rule before and now they have no excuse. Pathetic rule anyway. Means we're stuck with the lazy git till the summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The big problem with it is that he couldn't use the "home sick" excuse because he was moving to London.

• SI Staff

That's a bit harsh considering he only played 20 minutes for Lens. Now we're left with a player who doesn't want to be here when it would have been a benefit to all involved if he had moved on to Fulham.

Originally posted by TM:

take my guess that is why we "pulled" out of a Samaras deal then icon_wink.gif

My guess is that is why you sold Hutton.

Samaras also said he wanted to come to the biggest club in Scotland,can't hold it against the lad icon_wink.gif

Bit of a **** rule,Cousin doesn't get his move though,He scores goals though?aren't you's a bit happy Smith seems to rate him.

Originally posted by Ter:

Roy Carroll has joined Derby on loan. Probably means we'll be bringing a keeper in on loan as cover as well. Possibly Ward from Sunderland if reports are true.

Another good call mingeface

They say it comes in threes so say Celtic will win the league icon_biggrin.gif

Samaras also said he wanted to come to the biggest club in Scotland,can't hold it against the lad

surprised we didn't get the "when I was in Greece and playing Subbuteo with my father as a young child, I only dreamed of playing in the green and white hoops" icon_frown.gif

was going to say btw on the idea of Cousin - hasn't De Vries played for 3 clubs this season? not sure if loans count, but he's played for Leeds, Leicester and he's now at Dundee Utd? icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by morton2003:

Loan's dont count you could offer him on loan with 3mill fee at end of it to get around this,

I think they do, but it doesn't effect the big clubs in the big leagues. i.e Liverpool and Mascherano (or however you spell it)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by morton2003:

Loan's dont count you could offer him on loan with 3mill fee at end of it to get around this,

I think they do, but it doesn't effect the big clubs in the big leagues. i.e Liverpool and Mascherano (or however you spell it) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what annoys people.

loans must count if we had FIFA having a go at the Faye deal thing as well - he was at Charlton, went on loan to us and Blackburn somehow wanted him icon_cool.gif

any idea if that deal happened btw, hopefully it did icon_mad.gif

i'd go more along the lines of that McGeady has struggled big time when it has came to Hutton, you will disagree. But the evidence is their to support that thought as McGeady hasnt done much against us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah apart from scoring,quite alot of assists..and 3 man of the match awards..he has done nothing

Hutton this season has looked a good player..I always thought he had the signs of a good player in him to be fair,Don't think Whittaker is in the same class as him,Dont think Hutton is worth 9m either though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the last 3 OF games, Celtic haven't scored, so how could he have 'scored' and got 'quite a lot of assists'?

Originally posted by TM:

was going to say btw on the idea of Cousin - hasn't De Vries played for 3 clubs this season? not sure if loans count, but he's played for Leeds, Leicester and he's now at Dundee Utd? icon_confused.gif

No idea how this rule works. Tried to figure it out last season. We had Dene Shields on loan for 6 months, he then returned to Gretna in January and played a couple of games before signing permanently for Ross County. At the same time, David Proctor played for ICT, signed for Dundee Utd in August and, later in the season, had a loan move initially rejected, and subsequently agreed on appeal, because of this 3 club rule. Colin McMenamin's played for Gretna, Livingston and Dundee this season. Seems random.

Originally posted by Vidmar14:

Oh, and if Christian Dailly means Charlie Adam never plays, then get him signed.

WB big Cousin. Pick up where you left off

Fannying about waiting for a move? Quite honestly Cousin can gtf I'm surprised at you. The guy clearly doesn't want to play for us, and the only reason he was playing to sell him. Stick him in the reserves we don't need trash like him.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Fannying about waiting for a move? Quite honestly Cousin can gtf I'm surprised at you. The guy clearly doesn't want to play for us, and the only reason he was playing to sell him. Stick him in the reserves we don't need trash like him.

To be honest thats been the situation since he joined, he only ever came here to win a move to the EPL, ad there is only one way for him to do that in the summer...

To be honest thats been the situation since he joined, he only ever came here to win a move to the EPL, ad there is only one way for him to do that in the summer...

Yeah well players like that can gtf would rather have players who actually want to play for us, old fashioned being that I am icon_wink.gif

Archived