24 CUELLAR Carlos

03 WEIR David

06 FERGUSON Barry

07 HEMDANI Brahim

17 BURKE Chris

27 MCCULLOCH Lee

09 BOYD Kris

19 DARCHEVILLE Jean-Claude

Subs: 25 ALEXANDER Neil, 23 DAILLY Christian, 12 DAVIS Steven, 36 FURMAN Dean, 43 FLECK John, 18 NAISMITH Steven, 10 NOVO Nacho

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ter:

Team for today v Falkirk

01 MCGREGOR Allan

21 BROADFOOT Kirk

28 WHITTAKER Steven

24 CUELLAR Carlos

03 WEIR David

06 FERGUSON Barry

07 HEMDANI Brahim

17 BURKE Chris

27 MCCULLOCH Lee

09 BOYD Kris

19 DARCHEVILLE Jean-Claude

Subs: 25 ALEXANDER Neil, 23 DAILLY Christian, 12 DAVIS Steven, 36 FURMAN Dean, 43 FLECK John, 18 NAISMITH Steven, 10 NOVO Nacho

Shock, horror- playing 2 up front at home !!

Originally posted by BWCH:

So what would be the reception if Kenny Miller signed for you lot (again)?

I'm more bothered by the fact that Miller is a god-awful footballer than who's he's played for in the past.

Yes, he didn't endear himself with his chest beating antics, but I wouldn't turn down Leo Messi if he'd played for Celtic.

Originally posted by Ladle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BWCH:

So what would be the reception if Kenny Miller signed for you lot (again)?

No point even discussing it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I go along with the RST spokesman Stephen Smith

RST spokesman Stephen Smith said: "I think it would go down like a lead balloon. You only have to look at the striking talent Rangers have at the moment.

"Daniel Cousin is still here for now, Jean-Claude Darcheville and Kris Boyd are doing a job and Lee McCulloch can also play up front.

"And I don't think you will find a Rangers fan who will say Miller is a better player than Nacho Novo - Miller would probably be seventh-choice striker if he came back.

"Anyone who has been at games knows the Rangers fans have made it clear he would not be welcomed back.

"We are looking to move on and bring in better players than we already have, not to take a step backwards."

I dont want him back for 2 reasons, the first being the major one

He's s*hite

His chest punch after scoring his first goal for Celtic against us.

Enjoy life in the Championship Mhiller

I am not sure if I really care about Millers background but in truth, he has not exactly been a roaring success at Wolves, Celtic and Derby. As has been said above, we still have plenty of cover at striker and if we did buy, I would hope for something better.

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

this stuff with cousin is becoming a joke now is it not. according to sky fifa have said that the decision will be made "some time next week", how long does it take to say yes or no icon_confused.gif

They said that three weeks ago. FIFA are so incompetant it's hilarious. Imagine they had to make a really important decision, like what colour socks to wear. I wonder why the people who govern football seem to be such utter morons? icon_confused.gif

• SI Staff

Team was posted on Swally Swally earlier so I don't know if this is the real one, but it wouldn't surprise me.

01 MCGREGOR Allan

21 BROADFOOT Kirk

05 PAPAC Sasa

24 CUELLAR Carlos

03 WEIR David

07 HEMDANI Brahim

06 FERGUSON Barry

12 DAVIS Steven

11 ADAM Charlie

10 NOVO Nacho

27 MCCULLOCH Lee

Mon wee Nacho!

Bain is a knob icon14.gif and probably the majority of Gers would love to see him gone from his job, although we'd love to see the top man removed as well but you can't get what you want all the time icon_frown.gif

anyway, I'm not looking forward to this tonight, haven't looked at Panathinaikos too much recently and it's not their team that bothers me, it's the idea of having Adam and McCulloch in the same team.

Adam + McCulloch = long ball pish, usually followed by a crap pass cause Adam can't pass. Wish FIFA would have decided about the Cousin situation before as I'd have him in the team before any of the possibilities - but this is FIFA we are talking about icon14.gif

anyway, hopefully Panathinaikos don't have too many fast strikers either or Weir is in trouble, saw it against Fletcher for Hibs and he's not the paciest player tbh. Although saying that, I'd expect to at least win the first leg, probably lose the 2nd and the game on aggregate

Originally posted by TM:

anyway, hopefully Panathinaikos don't have too many fast strikers either or Weir is in trouble, saw it against Fletcher for Hibs and he's not the paciest player tbh. Although saying that, I'd expect to at least win the first leg, probably lose the 2nd and the game on aggregate

Actually, we are full of fast strikers, and our main game depends on counter attacks. icon_cool.gif

Salpingidis is a killer, he might be our best player. Papadopoulos is also very fast, but he is utterly out of form, so hopefully he won't play.

We lack experience though. icon_frown.gif

don't have to listen to that big eared arse in the co-commentary box tonight, Paterson there instead of Dodds icon_cool.gif

and even better, no Nevin as well, although still have to listen to that speccy Hearts fan commentating that the other side have to "step it up a gear"

Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why do they keep shooting from distance.

mixed up McGregor's scouting report with the one they did on Jamie Langfield perhaps when they played Aberdeen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When we find space we shoot, simple as that. and you lot are giving us plenty of space in midfield...

Archived