The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jimbo22:

We must be one of the shittiest lucky teams on the planet icon_biggrin.gif

I can think of worse ones tbh icon_frown.gif

anyway, we'll get done by Werder but I'll take that - very similar to what we did in Belgrade with the keeping posession at the end icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeebs:

haha how undeserved. anti football pays off again.

Where as your cavalier 3 shots on goal and 34% possession doesn't. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

playing against europe's best>>playing against average joe and his 10 mates

Tbh, whilst we were nothing brilliant, over the two legs we were the better side, Panathinaikos really didn't create anything in their home leg compared to what we did in ours - apart from one utterly brilliant, one in a million strike.

And Jimbo, it's about bloody time we had the kind of luck in Europe the team from the east end have had, so I'll gladly take it icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by theholyone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeebs:

Where as your cavalier 3 shots on goal and 34% possession doesn't. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

playing against europe's best>>playing against average joe and his 10 mates </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Europe's best 0-0. Suck it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

playing against europe's best>>playing against average joe and his 10 mates </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bwahahahahaha

Last 16 in Europe 3 years on the bounce icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck in the Nou Camp

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

Bwahahahahaha

Last 16 in Europe 3 years on the bounce icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck in the Nou Camp </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In those 3 years?how many times have you been with the big boys in the Champions League?

the defence rests

Originally posted by Ladle:

theholyone monging out as ever, well played numbuts

This result should mean the end for Charlie Adam, such a waste of space. Anyone from The Piggery want him?

Very true.

And surely what this also shows to Walter is, feck off with one up front, 4-2-4 all the way icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Tbh, whilst we were nothing brilliant, over the two legs we were the better side, Panathinaikos really didn't create anything in their home leg compared to what we did in ours - apart from one utterly brilliant, one in a million strike.

And Jimbo, it's about bloody time we had the kind of luck in Europe the team from the east end have had, so I'll gladly take it icon_biggrin.gif

my eyes popped out a bit there... I was very close to getting a stroke... I had to cut my finger to relieve the pressure from all the blood coming up in my head...

Really, Rangers was worse than Aberdeen, Copenhgen, Lokomotiv, and generally the worst team we have played in the UEFA cup in the last two years...

Anyway well done although it was undeserved to say the least

[

Hurting,

I think so,

Laughing at you Holyone icon_biggrin.gif

well done on avoiding the question.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who gives a toss...... We're through and your nooooooooooooo

Ching ching

Last 16 3 years in the bounce

Originally posted by eldiego1984:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

my eyes popped out a bit there... I was very close to getting a stroke... I had to cut my finger to relieve the pressure from all the blood coming up in my head...

Really, Rangers was worse than Aberdeen, Copenhgen, Lokomotiv, and generally the worst team we have played in the UEFA cup in the last two years...

Anyway well done although it was undeserved to say the least </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry about it mate,Small clubs who sell theyre best players always enjoy such moments

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

[

Hurting,

I think so,

Laughing at you Holyone icon_biggrin.gif

well done on avoiding the question.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who gives a toss...... We're through and your nooooooooooooo

Ching ching

Last 16 3 years in the bounce </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes James

In the last 2 years you have failed to make it with the best teams in europe in the last 16.

Really, what does that make you then? A really really really pish poor side thats what. Not one single one of your players made me sit up and take note of them. One decent strike, and the rest, nothing. If Novo had taken half his chances at Ibrox it would have been 3-0 at least. Away and have a lie down you, I think you need it.

apart from the goal and the Gomis shot, I'm struggling to find a place where a shot went close (hit bar/post) or was saved by McGregor to be honest

a goal was for the taking when Rangers decided to go a bit more attacking, maybe a bit jammy but well taken by Nacho when he got the chance. We'll go out to Werder in the next round, but I reckon Panathinaikos were set for the same fate as well as I just found them to be quite ordinary - apart from the keeper who seems quite solid and that Morris defender

Originally posted by TM:

apart from the goal and the Gomis shot, I'm struggling to find a place where a shot went close (hit bar/post) or was saved by McGregor to be honest

a goal was for the taking when Rangers decided to go a bit more attacking, maybe a bit jammy but well taken by Nacho when he got the chance. We'll go out to Werder in the next round, but I reckon Panathinaikos were set for the same fate as well as I just found them to be quite ordinary - apart from the keeper who seems quite solid and that Morris defender

Ah yeah Morris did look quite a decent player tbf. T

Yes James

In the last 2 years you have failed to make it with the best teams in europe in the last 16.

hehehehehe the wee holy one is hurting.

we can at least keep the Scottish co efficient going in the right way icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye getting eliminated in the champions league will sure do that my man icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ignored post by theholyone posted 21 February 2008 19:12

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best thing he's ever posted tbh icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ignored post by theholyone posted 21 February 2008 19:12

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I like reading his rubbish, its funny bitterness icon_biggrin.gif

Well done to Rangers. Can't say that they didn't deserve it, they played the better over the 2 matches and created the most clear cut chances with the Panathinaikos keeper keeping his team in it.

The longer the game went on it just seemed destined that rangers were going to score. Didn't look likely that panathinaikos would add another unless from another wonder strike. Are they allowed to shoot from inside the box in Greece?

Anyways good luck in the next round.

I have to write about the game for my job, but looking at the live description I get:

11' Double chance Mattos, and Ivanschitz, Mcgregor saves twice

22' Goumas same chance as the goal from closer range Mcgregor saves

34' Postiga one on one with mcgregor, save

68' Shoot from Vyntra, mcgregor saves

77' Mattos one cm away from goal, doesn't touch the ball.

These were only our real chances. five of them. And why is the general sentiment that Rangers were lucky, since we didn't outplay you now?

77' Mattos one cm away from goal, doesn't touch the ball.

one of the worst misses I've seen tbh icon_biggrin.gif only had to nod it over but I reckon he was looking for the penalty as the Greeks seemed a bit happy to dive at times icon14.gif

Archived