The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Henchoz_6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

A tremendous shot stopper, I'll give him that much. However, his distribution, dealing with crosses and command of his area were all terrible. Nowhere near the standard of either goalkeeper we had before him.

Pish. The medals (both for Rangers and with Dortmund) speak for themself. BTW - Goram hardly ever came for a cross - didn't need to with Gough, Brown, Bjorkland, McLaren etc in front of him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Using that logic, I could argue that Djimi Traore is a world class defender, having also played in a Champions League winning team.

McGregor is at least as good a shot-stopper as Klos was, and McGregor's other vital attributes are better than Klos', ergo I believe he's the better goalkeeper.

Originally posted by YippeeKaeYay:

Allan Johnston

Steven Thompson

Alan McLaren

Dado Prso

Curious to know who the others are.

Good, good. 6 to go now. I'll give a hint. One of them actually never played a competitive match for Gers. Quite recentish too.

Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YippeeKaeYay:

Allan Johnston

Steven Thompson

Alan McLaren

Dado Prso

Curious to know who the others are.

Good, good. 6 to go now. I'll give a hint. One of them actually never played a competitive match for Gers. Quite recentish too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'll be Fillipo Maniero then.

Originally posted by Frankie:

Now we've got Borat in Today's Rhecord joining Strachan and our chums in the other thread suggesting Celtic are discriminated against by the officials... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

No excuses icon_cool.gif

That's hardly news Frankie, been hearing the same old whinnings from that lost since I was a lad and that wasn't yesterday.

Did you hear any of these conspiracies over the last 2 or 3 years mate?

Can't remember Celtic or Rangers fans suggesting Mike McCurry (or anyone else) was a cheat or the officials discriminated against their goalkeeper for being an arse then?

Also, you'd think if we had the officials in our back-pocket, we'd have won something in the last 3 years...? icon_biggrin.gif

Did you hear any of these conspiracies over the last 2 or 3 years mate?

Can't remember Celtic or Rangers fans suggesting Mike McCurry (or anyone else) was a cheat or the officials discriminated against their goalkeeper for being an arse then?

Also, you'd think if we had the officials in our back-pocket, we'd have won something in the last 3 years...? icon_biggrin.gif

Celtic fans have always called referee's cheats when they aren't winning, they simply can't take it. I've been hearing it since the dawn of time and always will do because they simply can't accept the fact they are and always will be second best.

I have heard they like cheese with their whine though.

Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

Bremen have loads of quality but I think we could do well against them tonight!

Yeah they're a decent side, doing well domestically with a few good results in the CL earlier this season. Certainly a side capable of winning the competition.

However, as much as they are dangerous on the attack, they're also capable of conceding goals so this should be quite an interesting game with the chance of a fair few goals.

As usual, if we play to our strengths and if we take the chances that should come our way, there's no reason why we can't get a positive result to take to Germany.

icon14.gif

Yeah they're a decent side, doing well domestically with a few good results in the CL earlier this season. Certainly a side capable of winning the competition.

That could just as easily apply to us also. I think the boys will be up for this. Theres no reason to fear them considering the teams we've already played this season.

Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

That could just as easily apply to us also. I think the boys will be up for this. Theres no reason to fear them considering the teams we've already played this season.

True enough but as much as we've improved over the last year I'm not sure we have the overall quality to be able to challenge for this trophy. I'd love to be proved wrong and want to stay in the competition as long as possible but I think the SPL rightly takes priority.

Once again the number of chances we create tonight will depend on who plays in the wider roles of the midfield 5 and whoever is selected will need to get forward to support Cousin whilst not negating their defensive duties. Will be interesting to see who will play in the centre as well with Hemdani, Thomson and dailly all vying for the holding role.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Davis play wide right allowing Thomson or Hemdani to come in with Dailly man-marking Diego.

Originally posted by Ladle:

I've just had a horrible vision that Charlie Adam will start tonight icon_frown.gif

Had a decent game at the weekend and against Hearts last week. Also capable of scoring in the big games so while I'm always dubious about his selection, we should get behind the lad to try and help ensure he plays as well as he can - which isn't bad sometimes.

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

I've just had a horrible vision that Charlie Adam will start tonight icon_frown.gif

Had a decent game at the weekend and against Hearts last week. Also capable of scoring in the big games so while I'm always dubious about his selection, we should get behind the lad to try and help ensure he plays as well as he can - which isn't bad sometimes.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm looking forward to watching the game tonight without Ter moaning everytime Charlie Adam touches the ball icon14.gif

Originally posted by Jorg:

We will play 4-5-1, keep it tight and probably be happy with a 0-0.

I haven't really enjoyed watching us in Europe this season.

Personally I think it's been pretty good reletively speaking.

Disappointing at times but this season we've been as solid and as organised as I've ever seen us in Europe. Difficult to beat but always containing a threat in attack when required.

Sure it's not been total-football but some of the results and performances have been exciting, enjoyable and well worthy of praise.

Originally posted by Gudge:

I'm looking forward to watching the game tonight without Ter moaning everytime Charlie Adam touches the ball icon14.gif

Probably the same can be said for most of Ibrox on match-days... icon_wink.gif

Adam is an enigma. Many fans moan about a lack of flair and charisma in the side and Charlie actually has both in spades. Always capable of doing that little thing special (see that wonderful chip at the weekend that hit the bar) and is generally very talented and dangerous on the ball.

Unfortunately, his fitness, decision-making and overall contribution often lets him down and it's not difficult to lose patience with him. However, he's still only just turned 22 so I can understand why Smith is trying to play him as often as he can.

Like Hutton and McCoist before him, if he can survive a couple of years of inconsistency, as well as the constant boo-boys, he could develop the negatives and turn into a better player. It's up to him as he can improve his fitness and he can decide against the 'world-cup' ball and favour the simple pass.

Originally posted by theholyone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jorg:

According to the news, Cousin on his own up front.

total attacking football!!!

intresting to see you haven't won a match in your last 6 european games! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never said anything about attacking football mate, neither has anyone else if you read the page.

I also said I haven't really enjoyed watching us in Europe because imo we have been a bit to negative.

Not expecting a lot of goals tonight either.

Originally posted by theholyone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jorg:

intresting to see you haven't won a match in your last 6 european games! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting to see we're still in Europe, caravan boy icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Jorg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

Never said anything about attacking football mate, neither has anyone else if you read the page.

I also said I haven't really enjoyed watching us in Europe because imo we have been a bit to negative.

Not expecting a lot of goals tonight either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was just a wee joke(like you guys hav been making about anti football)

I take it you would prefer to go with 2 up front at home?

Whenever Celtic go for 1 up front at home,it annoys me because we dont look threatening to we have 2!and the fans get anxious!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

Interesting to see we're still in Europe, caravan boy icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea last 16 in uefa cup>last 16 in champions league

that intresting for the rangers support your still selling tickets for tonight!

Interesting to see we're still in Europe, caravan boy icon_cool.gif

it's also interesting you can't spell interesting correctly you stupid ****

You do realise replies like that make you look as bad as he does don't you? Yeah? Cool.

Archived