The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

Well done lads on the quiz. Heres clues for the final 2.

Ones an up and coming midfielder. PLG's first signing IIRC.

The other was immense when he joined on loan in 2003 and was crap when he signed permanently the next season. Big defender.

Dean Furman.

That's a terrible clue, Soti signed for us in 2005.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by theholyone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jorg:

According to the news, Cousin on his own up front.

total attacking football!!!

intresting to see you haven't won a match in your last 6 european games! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Celtic away in the Champions League

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Played Won Drawn Lost

2001/02 3 0 0 3

2003/04 3 0 0 3

2004/05 3 0 1 2

2006/07 4 0 0 4

2007/08 4 0 0 4

overall 17 0 1 16

</pre>

Unlucky.

Nakamura's free kick at Old Trafford in September 2006 was also the last time a Celtic player has scored in the Champions League away from home.

similar to the Barca game at Ibrox tonight, I don't expect anything as Werder have a very good team in all departments (not as good as Barca mind you) but still very formidable

would prefer to play 2 upfront, but Walter will never change his mind in Europe, especially at this stage icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by theholyone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jorg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

intresting to see you haven't won a match in your last 6 european games! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never said anything about attacking football mate, neither has anyone else if you read the page.

I also said I haven't really enjoyed watching us in Europe because imo we have been a bit to negative.

Not expecting a lot of goals tonight either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was just a wee joke(like you guys hav been making about anti football)

I take it you would prefer to go with 2 up front at home?

Whenever Celtic go for 1 up front at home,it annoys me because we dont look threatening to we have 2!and the fans get anxious! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't got involved in that debate so please don't quote my post if you want to talk about that.

Yes, I would like to see us be a bit more attacking at home but that just isn't the way Walter wants to play it. We always here about the pace of British football and sometimes I would like to see us go for it. However, this might not be the game to do that. The Pana game certainly was.

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

Played Won Drawn Lost

2001/02 3 0 0 3

2003/04 3 0 0 3

2004/05 3 0 1 2

2006/07 4 0 0 4

2007/08 4 0 0 4

overall 17 0 1 16

</pre>

Unlucky.

Nakamura's free kick at Old Trafford in September 2006 was also the last time a Celtic player has scored in the Champions League away from home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last CL goal away from home was Jarosik away in Copenhagen, December 06. Or, if qualifiers count, McDonald away vs Spartak this season. We do have a ***** record though, that's for sure, and its mostly a mental thing now I think.

Best of luck tonight to Rangers, think you'll need to take a 2 goal lead over there to have a good chance. Clean sheet would help too.

Played Won Drawn Lost

2001/02 3 0 0 3

2003/04 3 0 0 3

2004/05 3 0 1 2

2006/07 4 0 0 4

2007/08 4 0 0 4

overall 17 0 1 16

</pre>

Unlucky.

Nakamura's free kick at Old Trafford in September 2006 was also the last time a Celtic player has scored in the Champions League away from home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So boring.

Rangers Champions League

01/02 - Failed in qualifiers, out before xmas in Uefa

03/04 - 1 Win, bottom of the group, out of Europe before Xmas

04/05 - Failed in qualifiers, out before xmas in the Uefa.

05/06 - Last 16 with a massive 1 win.

06/07 - 2 Wins out of CL, Last 16 (so far in Uefa).

Not exactly anything to get worked up about eh?

Originally posted by Anton:

So you randomly change the discussion to our away record when holyone was posting a few facts. Then when it gets changed to highlight some of your own shortcomings you ignore it.

Conspiracy! icon_biggrin.gif

Merely pointing out that theholyone can't really get all superior about our European record.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

Rangers Champions League

01/02 - Failed in qualifiers, out before xmas in Uefa

Just to clarify on that season, we actually did get in the Uefa beyond Xmas, we lost 4-3 on Agg in the last 16 to the winners that year, Feyenoord. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah so you did, for some reason I thought you'd lost that PSG shootout.

Originally posted by TM:

getting cheated by that Dutch tranny was 01/02? jesus icon_redface.gif

He should have been sent off at Ibrox.

Stamped on Hughes in full view of the referee, who let it go, and awarded a throw in, only to notice Hughes lying in agony on the floor. So books Quierre - yet still awards the throw in.

Rangers

01 McGregor

21 Broadfoot

24 Cuellar

03 Weir

05 Papac

07 Hemdani

30 Dailly

06 Ferguson

35 Davis

11 Adam

29 Cousin

Substitutes

13 Alexander,

08 Thomson,

09 Boyd,

10 Novo,

17 Burke,

27 McCulloch,

28 Whittaker

when you thought it couldn't get more defensive, Walter plays a team with no wingers and no width at Ibrox icon_cool.gif

get ready for an exciting 90 minutes with Rangers in Europe icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

Well done lads on the quiz. Heres clues for the final 2.

Ones an up and coming midfielder. PLG's first signing IIRC.

The other was immense when he joined on loan in 2003 and was crap when he signed permanently the next season. Big defender.

Dean Furman.

That's a terrible clue, Soti signed for us in 2005. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh shut up you! icon_smile.gif

Bayern Munich thump Anderlecht 5-0 in Belgium. Glad Aberdeen gave them more of a fight, at least over here.

Werder Bremen team for tonight:

01 Wiese

08 Fritz

29 Mertesacker

04 Naldo

03 Pasanen

06 Baumann

07 Vranjes

10 Diego

20 Jensen

09 Rosenberg

14 Hunt

Substitutes:

33 Vander, 02 Boenisch, 11 Ozil, 15 Owomoyela, 23 Hugo Almeida, 24 Borowski, 34 Harnik

Solid line-up, with Hugo Almeida a particular threat if he's brought on, he always scores into me in FM. icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Jeebs:

Yeah, we all know our away record.

Still, holyones a ****. Want to say good luck for tonight but Werder are just too cool. Do they still have the pink GK top?

your as much as a celtic fan as broxi bear!

jarosik scored for us away in copenhagenicon_biggrin.gif

wtf Wiese, I remember him having as bad a clanger in the CL but that is abysmal icon_biggrin.gif

hardly done much, but I'll take that - they've hardly had any shots, Diego diving away like a tit as usual

cracking hit from Cousin from that range tbh, and Adam to be drug tested for that first half? icon_redface.gif

Fair play to Cousin as well, he struck that ball really well but obviously should have been bread and butter for the keeper.

Adam unlucky 3 times so far and actually looked decent so far, will no doubt be shooting for fun in the 2nd half now

Keep it up boys.

Archived