The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Imagine what would happen had Walter spent 32 million. Red Face

Yeah, we'd be following on the heels of Gretna to the bankrupcy courts icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

btw, Big Dick spent nearly 65 million in his time. icon_eek.gif

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but there's some people that in the end just aren't worth bothering with, and you can see by the reaction he gets around the forums that is isn't just a football bias thing.

Would much rather listen to the real Celtic fans who might be biased, as you'd expect, but at least they don't behave like numpties and in general give a decent debate.

He's just an idiot Frankie, best thing is to stick him on ignore and forget about him. More important things to talk about tbh.

He is indeed an idiot and very, very childish, however not everyone in this thread is as "holy holy" as some and yet they get little comment.

holyone posts some idiotic comment and everyone jumps on him, sometimes deservedly so, yet other very similar comments are made as his and no contradiction except for Gudge yesterday.

Yeah but there's some people that in the end just aren't worth bothering with, and you can see by the reaction he gets around the forums that is isn't just a football bias thing.

Would much rather listen to the real Celtic fans who might be biased, as you'd expect, but at least they don't behave like numpties and in general give a decent debate.

real celtic fans?

season ticket holder

go to almost every away game

but the guys who sit posting on celtic threads during celtic games put me to shame tbh!

Na he is always on about Celtic..it is a obbesion

you record a brillant win last night ill be fair to you's and he is still on about Celtic.

Originally posted by FrankJJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

He's just an idiot Frankie, best thing is to stick him on ignore and forget about him. More important things to talk about tbh.

He is indeed an idiot and very, very childish, however not everyone in this thread is as "holy holy" as some and yet they get little comment.

holyone posts some idiotic comment and everyone jumps on him, sometimes deservedly so, yet other very similar comments are made as his and no contradiction except for Gudge yesterday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres only so much tripe you can listen to though. The amount of trash that lad says is unbelievable. It's not just once or twice Frank, it's every single day. I only come in this thread to talk with my fellow bears and have a bit of banter with the darksiders. Theres banter and theres abuse. Theres no need for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

holyone posts some idiotic comment and everyone jumps on him, sometimes deservedly so, yet other very similar comments are made as his and no contradiction except for Gudge yesterday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbh Frank it really dissapoints me that you continually defend him. Ladle might well post gibberish at times, but he's nowhere near as bad as this idiot is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Tbh Frank it really dissapoints me that you continually defend him. Ladle might well post gibberish at times, but he's nowhere near as bad as this idiot is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi! icon_biggrin.gif

Ignored post by theholyone posted 07 March 2008 14:17

I'll give it a try. Nice to see his moratorium on me lasted as long as Spiers' did on the RST though... icon_biggrin.gif

As for others being just as bad, well it's users like 'theholyone' who bring out the worst in people. This kind of crap had disappeared to a decent degree of late. Now it's bigot this bigot that again. Boring.

Well you do. And you also seem to enjoy getting into pointless slanging matches with the numpty which in reality just makes people think you are as bad as him. Personally I don't think you are - I would tell you if you were - but you come close at times and there's really no need for it.

Tbh Frank it really dissapoints me that you continually defend him. Ladle might well post gibberish at times, but he's nowhere near as bad as this idiot is.

To be fair I certainly don't always defend him but he does occasionally post something moderately discussable which goes nowhere, admittedly because he often follows up with something idiotic.

However, he was slaughtered a couple of weeks ago for calling someone "william" in a derogatory manner, yet the comments "gypsy," "john paul," and "seamus," have been thrown in the last few days and yet not a retort. Would the same situation have been allowed if he had retorted to "gypsy," with the "h" word?

That was to Ladle, not Frankie icon_wink.gif

Applies to me sometimes as well. I find it hard to ignore such blatant trouble-makers...

Just don't get what they want to achieve. There's banter and there's banter but some go too far. We're never going to agree on everything; we're all biased but OTF is one of the few online places where Old Firm fans can debate in a reasonably polite manner. Guys like the above spoil such a environment.

Originally posted by Frankie:

And, for the record, the gypsy, JP, seamus etc stuff is needlessly derogatory and not required here.

Cheers mate, evenhandedness is all we need and I suspect more would look to temper holyone if reciprocity was continued. icon14.gif

I think Ladle, and to a lesser extent Jimbo, are too easily wound up tbh and the holykid is a wind up merchant - not a very good one tbh, I'm miles better just ask anyone on FMS icon_wink.gif - and they two in particular rise to the bait. There's nothing wrong with a bit of banter, and hell we're never going to agree on a lot of things regards our teams, but sometimes you just need to learn to ignore people.

Also some people prefer the 'non-care bear' route if you like and I'm sure we've all indulged in that elsewhere.

However, OTF is a better place than the local pub for some informed debate and while we get the odd person going too far, generally we've very much like the House of Commons/Lords when it comes to spin, bias and insults.

That's good fun and it shouldn't be spoilt as it's too easy to ignore opposing POV as it is when one considers the unmatched tribalism of the Old Firm goldfish bowl.

I suspect he's just a daft kid but yes you are spot on.

He actually just made a decent point in the Celtic thread and we all ignored it. About the Sky deal which one or two of us were bemoaning the demise of, and he remind us of the infamous Sunday night kick offs!! icon_biggrin.gif

I think Ladle, and to a lesser extent Jimbo, are too easily wound up tbh and the holykid is a wind up merchant - not a very good one tbh, I'm miles better just ask anyone on FMS icon_wink.gif - and they two in particular rise to the bait. There's nothing wrong with a bit of banter, and hell we're never going to agree on a lot of things regards our teams, but sometimes you just need to learn to ignore people.

I reply to him because I like reading his pish. I have a picture of what he looks like in my head and i'm probably not far off.

He's just a bitter wee sod, and you can see that in his posts.

No wonder no one likes Boruc. He slavers some garbage. icon_biggrin.gif

From Skysports

Artur Boruc has claimed Celtic are the victims of a conspiracy in Scotland.

The Polish keeper, who has found himself the subject of controversy in the past, believes Celtic do not get a fair deal off referees in the SPL.

Boruc was booked by referee Ian Brines after clapping Hibernian fans at the end of last weekend's win at Easter Road.

The Celtic custodian was unhappy with the booking and feels his club have been unfairly treated by officials.

Weird

"You're not allowed to do anything in this country. It's weird. You can't celebrate winning a game unless you get permission from somebody," Boruc told the Daily Record.

"There's one rule for everybody else and different treatment for Celtic.

"Do you need the referee's permission to celebrate a win?

"The Celtic fans are unbelievable towards me. But what goes on at other times is weird."

That lad is something else to be honest. Why does he go spouting his mouth off again?

Singing along to "Are you boruc in disguise?" was brilliant.

Such a great crowd, the best its been in a while.

Davis is top class, mcgregor such a fantastic keeper, not one player I could fault in that team.

Maybe Papac for a change, Im normally a big fan of him.

lovenkrands, you are more of a clown than the holyone. He is on the wind up with most of his posts which at least shows some semblance of intelligence. You have just spouted crap for the past week without any objectivity, as though you dont actuall read anything you are commenting on and just go for the view you think celtic fans would disagree with most.

What exactly is Boruc 'spouting' he's saying that their is no consistancy in the way referees have handled celebrations this season. Are you disputing this at all?

What exactly is Boruc 'spouting' he's saying that their is no consistancy in the way referees have handled celebrations this season. Are you disputing this at all?

he was clapping a Hibs crowd who had given him pelters all day, he's obviously clapping them in a sarcastic way as Celtic won the game - he's had a record of annoying away fans this season - deserves what he gets

Originally posted by Anton:

What exactly is Boruc 'spouting' he's saying that their is no consistancy in the way referees have handled celebrations this season.

No he's not, he's playing the old "Poor Celtic, victimised again" card

Ask any other Scottish football fan outwith the Old Firm whether they think Celtic (or Rangers) get a rough deal from officials and they'll laugh in your face. It's a non-issue. We all know the reason it's suddenly cropped up, and, if they do win the league, it'll fade away. Pity that even the some of the more decent elements of the Celtic support have latched on to it but if a lie's repeated often enough and all that....

Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anton:

his posts which at least shows some semblance of intelligence

Sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well compared to Anton I suppose they are of a similar level.

As Ladle says, Boruc spouting the usual Celtic tripe, playing the violins looking for sympathy and trying to influence the refs. The guys a clown, as he proved at Ibrox and deserves all the pelters he gets.

I love that 'but if a lie's repeated often enough and all that....' you obviously have a very selective memory. Celtic fans have been complaining about the decrease in quality officiating over the last few years. Feel free to look through old threads, wont be difficult to find examples.

And surely you would agree about how bad the current batch of officials are? Their are complaints in both the threads everytime one of us plays.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anton:

As Ladle says, Boruc spouting the usual Celtic tripe, playing the violins looking for sympathy and trying to influence the refs. The guys a clown, as he proved at Ibrox and deserves all the pelters he gets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We should have a old firm IQ test, kick out the lowest 50%.

Celtic fans have been complaining about the decrease in quality officiating over the last few years.

What are going on about? The slant is nothing to do with fans bemoaning a general "decrease in quality" of refereeing, but the assertion that there is an explicit and entrenched bias against Celtic. Which is funny, but, in its own way, deeply, deeply sad, and has about as much weight and accuracy as Chris Sutton claiming Dunfermline "lied down" to us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

As Ladle says, Boruc spouting the usual Celtic tripe, playing the violins looking for sympathy and trying to influence the refs. The guys a clown, as he proved at Ibrox and deserves all the pelters he gets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We should have a old firm IQ test, kick out the lowest 50%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bye.

Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What exactly is Boruc 'spouting' he's saying that their is no consistancy in the way referees have handled celebrations this season. Are you disputing this at all?

he was clapping a Hibs crowd who had given him pelters all day, he's obviously clapping them in a sarcastic way as Celtic won the game - he's had a record of annoying away fans this season - deserves what he gets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if it was a player for your team im sure you would have some issue with it. forget any previous he had beacuase the rules should be the same for everybody, the fans gave his abuse all day and he gave a bit back, racially abuse is a criminal offense iirc, clapping your hands is not.

a couple of seasons ago hartley was getting abuse from ours fans, the were up 2-0 at the time and made a gesture as though smoking a cigar to the fans. was he booked, no! same happened with lennon at ibrox, i never heard any clamour to get him booked

And surely you would agree about how bad the current batch of officials are? Their are complaints in both the threads everytime one of us plays.

Yes we do agree the official standard is poor. But we don't think they cheat or there is a conspiracy against us. That's what Boruc is suggesting and it's nonsense.

I also have little sympathy for a guy that obviously plays to the lowest common denominator amongst the Celtic support time after time. He's not the only player to be abused by fans so like the others he should be above reacting. Instead he resorts to abusive gestures time after time after time - even resulting in a caution from the police.

And then he wants to complain when he is rightly disciplined for it by the referee - who is now bizarrely a bigot according to your fans! It's laughable.

completely agree with that as I used to think Dallas etc were rubbish and now Brines/Freeland et all have taken that to a new level

on the idea of Celtic being the victims, it's been the same since I've been a supporter since the late 80s when I was younger - Celtic always seem to throw the toys out of the pram when things are not going right. Most famous probably the 3-0 "shame game" but there are many other games that have shown it, and mostly all of them involve us winning the game - obviousl because they've won the title with no problems in the last 2 years, we've heard nothing about it

It's laughable.

It's tiresome more like, I gave up seeing the funny side of a bitter and demented club's infatuation that they are somehow treated worse than every club in the country years ago. Tell that to St Mirren and Falkirk.

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

if it was a player for your team im sure you would have some issue with it. forget any previous he had beacuase the rules should be the same for everybody, the fans gave his abuse all day and he gave a bit back, racially abuse is a criminal offense iirc, clapping your hands is not.

a couple of seasons ago hartley was getting abuse from ours fans, the were up 2-0 at the time and made a gesture as though smoking a cigar to the fans. was he booked, no! same happened with lennon at ibrox, i never heard any clamour to get him booked

Obviously the referee didn't see those incidents. Brines did with Boruc and warned him. The clown continued to give the gestures so was then booked.

Other players suffer from abuse and don't react like a child. Boruc's behaviour is childish and quite frankly unbecoming of a damn fine goalkeeper. I'm surprised so many people rush to defend it. If it were my player I'd be embarrassed.

i dont pay enough attention to refs to comment on them but tbf there isn't any reason to complain about them when your winning is there?

Why not? If they're poor they're poor. But you lot always trot out the poor victim card whenever you're not top of the league. It's tedious, boring and downright embarrassing tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony_cfc:

if it was a player for your team im sure you would have some issue with it.

Nope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

b*******

im not saying i agree with everything he does but i know its all because of previous with him and peoples opinion on anything he does is judged on that. if it was any other player i dont think there would have been a booking

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony_cfc:

i dont pay enough attention to refs to comment on them but tbf there isn't any reason to complain about them when your winning is there?

Why not? If they're poor they're poor. But you lot always trot out the poor victim card whenever you're not top of the league. It's tedious, boring and downright embarrassing tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its just the way it is when your doing well, its no coincidence that the managers of teams (outside the OF) you here complaining about the refs this season are the teams near the bottom

i heard a fair few rangers fans complaining on radio talk shows about the same thing over the past 2 years, dont think you dont have people our you side too

Funnily enough if you look through this thread you'll find a range of posts criticising the officials despite us winning many games...

Criticism is fine and healthy - it's part of the game. Allegations of cheating and/or conspiracies only undermine the most exciting title race in years.

Quite simply Boruc has previous and it's embarrassing that such a chancer wants to play the victim card. Even worse that people want to defend him. 'Holy goalie' indeed - the late great Cardinal Winning would be embarrassed at this description.

We should have a old firm IQ test, kick out the lowest 50%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bye. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about we both do the same independant iq test and whoever scores lowest gets banned from these forums?

All in good hearted fun ofc icon_wink.gif

Archived