The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

There is NO officiating conspiracy in favour of anyone. End of.

God, if only that would be the end of it.

Why do we bother? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. Celtic win leagues - no manager or goalkeeper or fan complaining of cheats.

Rangers lead by 4 points - every booking is under scrutiny, refs are cheats and refs are bigots. Incredible!

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by tony_cfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

I know.

we agree on something, thats a 1st icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see the simple question repeated above has not been answered.

Can you explain the various inconsistencies and wrong decisions against us this season?

Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

On football matters, does Cousin really have a fractured jaw? Would love him to miss out for 4-6 weeks, he's far too good when he tries.

If he cared he'd be absolutely brilliant. I heard it could be 2 weeks at most but we have JCD fresh for Sunday anyways. icon_cool.gif

The Cousin stuff seems to come from one trialist on FF so ummm..... not sure. Doubt he'll be out that long. Hope not, he fits our system so well and it's the system that will see us through Europe and the three OF games. Any lingering doubts over who was the best striker at club were well and truly blasted out of sight last night.

The Cousin stuff seems to come from one trialist on FF so ummm..... not sure. Doubt he'll be out that long. Hope not, he fits our system so well and it's the system that will see us through Europe and the three OF games. Any lingering doubts over who was the best striker at club were well and truly blasted out of sight last night.

Hopefully he's back for next week. Would he have started on Sunday anyways? We all know Wattie likes to rotate. I hope Nacho gets a nod.

Ah some reasoned Rangers chat... Thank goodness!

Losing Cousin would be a reasonably big blow. He's had a decent season and fits our system very well. When we sold him to Fulham and didn't replace him I was pretty worried so when the transfer was binned I was delighted. Especially given his form since.

I'd like to think if he has fractured a bone, he could wear some sort of mask so he can still play. But even if he can't, we have shown this season we can score goals and win games without him so we shouldn't be too downbeat. When fit, JCD is equally good in the lone role and the other lads are more than capable of doing well also.

Originally posted by Frankie:

Ah some reasoned Rangers chat... Thank goodness!

Losing Cousin would be a reasonably big blow. He's had a decent season and fits our system very well. When we sold him to Fulham and didn't replace him I was pretty worried so when the transfer was binned I was delighted. Especially given his form since.

I'd like to think if he has fractured a bone, he could wear some sort of mask so he can still play. But even if he can't, we have shown this season we can score goals and win games without him so we shouldn't be too downbeat. When fit, JCD is equally good in the lone role and the other lads are more than capable of doing well also.

Just checking stats and such. Noticed that Cuellar has started 44/46 matches this season. Cousin has started the most out of our strikers with 20. icon_eek.gif

Weird seeing that as most teams have a striker that plays damn near every match.

Yeah, one of the better aspects of this season has been looking at the bench and knowing there are goals there, somewhere. After every match recently, someone on FF has posted the players that haven't played a part and our squad depth in every department is pretty formidable.

Cousin was crappy against Hearts in that first game (who wasn't?!) and a couple of others and he's sort of aired his dirty laundry in public, which I'm not a fan of, but man when he's come on to a game, he just offers us something completely different and effective. He got lucky with that first goal last night, sure, but who else would have tried from there, with such ferocity? Great stuff.

Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

Just checking stats and such. Noticed that Cuellar has started 44/46 matches this season. Cousin has started the most out of our strikers with 20. icon_eek.gif

Weird seeing that as most teams have a striker that plays damn near every match.

It is interesting actually. Shows why our defence has been reasonably strong and our attack - while capable of scoring goals - lacks consistency. Normally I'd be against rotation policies but it seems to be working for us. And with all the games coming up is a necessity probably.

Yeah, one of the better aspects of this season has been looking at the bench and knowing there are goals there, somewhere. After every match recently, someone on FF has posted the players that haven't played a part and our squad depth in every department is pretty formidable.

Cousin was crappy against Hearts in that first game (who wasn't?!) and a couple of others and he's sort of aired his dirty laundry in public, which I'm not a fan of, but man when he's come on to a game, he just offers us something completely different and effective. He got lucky with that first goal last night, sure, but who else would have tried from there, with such ferocity? Great stuff.

Must admit I prefer JCD out of all our strikers but his fitness and general lack of genuine form of late (Hearts brace aside) means Cousin has been most effective.

Smith has made some decent signings and no matter what happens in the league this season, if we can build on this we can continue to challenge again next term.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony_cfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

I know.

we agree on something, thats a 1st icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see the simple question repeated above has not been answered.

Can you explain the various inconsistencies and wrong decisions against us this season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have they not been pointed out enough on this page or do i have to list them again?

Know it's beating a drum that has long since become tired, but I'd still have given Gow some sort of proper first team action on the left hand side, especially after Beasley's injury. Always liked the look of that guy at Falkirk. Just feel a bit melancholic about the year he's had. Management team see thing differently, I guess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

It is interesting actually. Shows why our defence has been reasonably strong and our attack - while capable of scoring goals - lacks consistency. Normally I'd be against rotation policies but it seems to be working for us. And with all the games coming up is a necessity probably. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's great having the strength in depth up top.

It wasn't so long ago when Prso or Lovenkrands was out we had to turn to the likes of Jeffers, Nieto and Thompson. Or worse, Namouchi.......

Must admit I prefer JCD out of all our strikers

Cool guy, great attitude, gives his all, needs to stay bloody fit! Still think if you're looking for someone to score goals AND stretch and hassle defences on his own, Cousin's your man. Important thing is both options are (usually) there.

Originally posted by ATW:

Watching the game last night and wow! Fantastic result for yeas, but not just that, what signing Dailly has been for you guys.

Dailly is a legend, just a shame he is one of you lot now icon_frown.gif

He was awesome last night. I'm sure Diego is still in his pocket today. Put himself about great and he's got curly hair. icon_cool.gif

Conspiracies indeed, every club gets bad decisions against them icon_biggrin.gif the standard of officiating in Scotland is poor for everyone at the moment imo (I'm not surprised though, who in their right mind would want all this hassle?)

We're not top because we've been wildly inconsistent and seem to have lost the never say die attitude we had at the start of the season. Add in constantly including players like Caldwell and Killen in matchday squads and I'd say we've no one to blame but ourselves.

I think the standard of refereeing generally is poor, not just Scotland. But part of the problem is the utterly ridiculous pressure UEFA/FIFA put on refs, part is the huge pressure of the media in modern day football and the other part are the players themselves behaving like total arses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

There is NO officiating conspiracy in favour of anyone. End of.

God, if only that would be the end of it.

Why do we bother? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. Celtic win leagues - no manager or goalkeeper or fan complaining of cheats.

Rangers lead by 4 points - every booking is under scrutiny, refs are cheats and refs are bigots. Incredible! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its all about dignity Frankie, and Celtic FC don't have any.

Every goal scored against them comes from a mistake, every booking they get is a mistake. They just cant take it when they are second, they want to blame everyone but themselves.

Crap!!!!!

Cousin Out For Six Weeks

DANIEL COUSIN has been ruled out of action for six weeks as he needs an operation on a broken jaw sustained against Werder Bremen.

Daniel Cousin scoresThe Gabon striker had to come off 15 minutes from the end of Thursday's wonderful 2-0 win over the German side with the injury.

Having scored the first goal and been involved in the second, Cousin had played a key part in a victory which leaves Gers just 90 minutes from the last eight of the UEFA Cup.

But now he will miss the second leg at the Weserstadion next week, as well as the home Old Firm meeting with Celtic on March 29.

The injury is a significant fracture and Cousin, who played so well against Bremen defenders Naldo and Per Mertesacker, will undergo surgery in the coming days.

icon_frown.gif

Its not as if we weren't winning without him, and it's not as if he is a prolific scorer. If JCD could actually stay fit he'd be a much better asset . Of course he can't stay fit and should be shipped out at the end of the season.

Anyway, we have another tough match tomorrow before Thursday night and it should be another great game...

I'd imagine Walter will make a few changes so I hope that doesn't affect the good run we're on. Hibs are always a tough team to beat and we don't need to remember the last time we played them in the Scottish Cup at home.

Will be interesting to see what players will come in. I'd imagine Whittaker, Thomson, McCulloch and Boyd or Novo will start the game with Papac, Hemdani, Adam and Cousin all dropping out. But, as is the case with most of our games at the moment, it's anyone's guess as to what the starting XI will be. Normally I wouldn't like such a fact but it seems to be working well enough so far...

icon_smile.gif

Anyway, we have another tough match tomorrow before Thursday night and it should be another great game...

I'd imagine Walter will make a few changes so I hope that doesn't affect the good run we're on. Hibs are always a tough team to beat and we don't need to remember the last time we played them in the Scottish Cup at home.

Will be interesting to see what players will come in. I'd imagine Whittaker, Thomson, McCulloch and Boyd or Novo will start the game with Papac, Hemdani, Adam and Cousin all dropping out. But, as is the case with most of our games at the moment, it's anyone's guess as to what the starting XI will be. Normally I wouldn't like such a fact but it seems to be working well enough so far...

icon_smile.gif

I'm sure he'll go 4-4-2, well, not as sure as I usually am. Has to be Novo and Boyd. I'm guessing Alexander will be in for Big Mac.

btw, does anyone know who's got the rights to the game. Thinking of going to a bar to see if they have it. They have every dish imaginable or if it's on the net. Any ideas?

Rangers

Alexander, Broadfoot, Cuellar, Dailly, Whittaker, Burke, Ferguson Davis, Thomson, Naismith, McCulloch.

Subs - Reidford, Boyd, Novo, Adam, Furman

looks a bit like a 4-4-2 there? although I think it's McCulloch upfront with the 5 in midfield

McGregor suspended due to the red card in the replay, if anyone has forgotten icon_wink.gif

Martin really amusing here, almost lost it at the Naismith chance before HT icon_biggrin.gif

not a bad first half actually, Hibs had some chances which Alexander has dealt with, but Ma-Kalambay has really kept us out as well, should probably be at least 2-0 up by now

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

Novo sent off and a big rammy between Mixu and Walter icon_redface.gif

F**k them.... bring it on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

coming from the guy in Flordia!

dignityicon_biggrin.gif

Archived