The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

coming from the guy in Flordia!

dignityicon_biggrin.gif

And that means???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bring it on

while sitting in flordia,just ammuses me james!sorry wasn't a dig or that

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by theholyone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

coming from the guy in Flordia!

dignityicon_biggrin.gif

And that means???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bring it on

while sitting in flordia,just ammuses me james!sorry wasn't a dig or that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That shows your brain is in your arse, stand up and relieve some of the pressure on it

Another good result then if a rather disjointed display.

As expected Walter rang the changes and as expected we didn't show the same fluency as we did last week. However, we defended pretty well and Hibs never really looked like scoring despite some decent periods of possession in both halves. We should have killed the game off by half-time if it wasn't for some decent goalkeeping.

Burke took his goal very well and was very dangerous after that but not as effective in the second half. Cuellar was outstanding again and wee Davis gave his usual shift. Thought Thomson also had a decent game on his return.

Unfortunately the win was blighted by Novo's daft tackle which resulted in a red card (about the only decision Craig Thomson got right all game - is he a bigot or a cheat, I wonder?). Unfortunately, Mixu's reaction seemed to annoy Walter and started off a wee melee in front of the Hibs dugout. Disappointing behaviour from both managers but ultimately a storm in a tea-cup which I'm sure can be sorted out amicably.

Originally posted by TM:

having watched the highlights just there, Novo definitely deserved to go for that tackle, silly boy icon13.gif

wrecked the chance of getting a medal as well next Sunday

Yes it looked as if the wee man deserved his red card- I wonder if the refs around the UK have been told recently to red card and tackle where the player jumps into the tackle? There seem to have been a lot of red cards in the last few weeks that perhaps wouldnt have got a red in previous years. I have no problem with this ruling as long as it is used with consistency.

The performance yesterday was fine and altho not reaching the heights, got the right result which is the main thing at this time of the season.

Can I assume this huge "fight" in the dugouts was nothing more than handbags and not Baghdad as some reports would have us believe?

Sometimes I think people forget that coaches and backroom staff are quite competitive and would actually like to win too!

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by TM:

from TV pics it was Walter getting close to Mixu and shouting abuse, Mixu shouting it back - didn't see any "face-to-face" as they mentioned on the radio

Best desribed as " a frank exchange of views " and "they agreed to disagree "

Would you guys like a title league deciding old firm?I would love it!don't think it'd ever happen after your players winding us up the last time

but would be so exciting!

Ahahahahahaha, yeah our players winding you up by winning the league and you lot just couldn't take it. Babies.

Originally posted by TM:

not really bothered, might be interesting to see if the other lot explode and start throwing themselves off stands

Oh they would, as well as throwing a lot of other stuff and attacking the referee's home. Its funny how they forget all that isn't it in their quickness to find fault with our support.

A friend of mine has just come over to tell me that he's got a spare ticket for the CIS Cup final for me. He said I don't have to pay for it as it's my birthday anyway.

ffffb.

Not sure about an old firm finale. I was sat next to a Celtic fan on a bus to Glasgow who was spitting with rage when I brought up the year Skippy won the title for us. Told me of how his family and friends were weeping and the travesty of it all. We were having a well mannered conversation until that came up. He also told me that his father would never forgive MacDonald unless he scored a hat-trick in the Champion's League final. icon_biggrin.gif

I know he was a mental when he went off the rails about me doing Psychology at university after he had had some 'bad experiences' with numerous psychiatrists...

Not sure who I'd go with up front.

McCulloch has his faults but he's probably the most sensible choice ahead of Novo or Boyd. One thing is for sure tomorrow will be another difficult game as Werder will be keen to avenge defeat and will attack from the off.

Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Going to the game on Sunday - any idea if the Darlington supporters' branch will be travelling, as I can't seem to get in touch with "Bob".

Ta.

Contact the Harrogate RSC - they will definitely be going up...

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Going to the game on Sunday - any idea if the Darlington supporters' branch will be travelling, as I can't seem to get in touch with "Bob".

Ta.

Thought you were a Hibs fan?

Leeds,Hibs and Rangers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I am a Leeds fan - Hibs are my Scottish team. But I'm in the press box for the game and can't get back on the train, so was hoping to hitcha lift hyam.

And now after calling the fella a cheat; suggesting other officials are bigots; their manager, goalkeeper & fans suggesting there is a conspiracy; and saying they were going to keep a close eye on his performance tonight, they're not happy we're making a light-hearted observation on why they may not have won tonight... icon_wink.gif

Seriously though, that's an unexpected bonus tonight and we really should take even more confidence from the current position. The title is there for the taking and while it's far from finished tonight's result could have a large bearing on the finish.

icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Frankie:

And now after calling the fella a cheat; suggesting other officials are bigots; their manager, goalkeeper & fans suggesting there is a conspiracy; and saying they were going to keep a close eye on his performance tonight, they're not happy we're making a light-hearted observation on why they may not have won tonight... icon_wink.gif

Seriously though, that's an unexpected bonus tonight and we really should take even more confidence from the current position. The title is there for the taking and while it's far from finished tonight's result could have a large bearing on the finish.

icon_smile.gif

A result tomorrow night could very well give the team the confidence to drive on now, bring on Bremen

Win our game in hand, and the OF game at Ibrox and that should see us to the title i reckon, those 2 games are the most important ones, meaning we go to parkhead twice and we have a 9 point advantage. The title is indeed coming home, along with the CIS and Scottish Cup to boot, and who knows maybe a European Trophy (one can dream icon_wink.gif)

completely forgot they were playing tonight, but it's a nice bonus icon14.gif

I see certain ones in their thread saying that we can't take it as well, in the many years I've been a Rangers supporter, it's always been the Celtic fans/players/manager/whatever throwing the toys out of the pram before anything

look at the situation with Walter and Strachan - Walter knows he did wrong with the bust up with Mixu and has accepted his punishment, whereas Strachan appeals for anything and usually gets it quashed/halved (due to certain people supporting certain teams in the disciplinary committee) icon_wink.gif

anyway, if the game goes ahead on Saturday and if Motherwell can do us a wee favour, we could pretty much be out of sight with a victory in 2 weeks at Ibrox in the OF game icon_smile.gif although there are still games to go, so we'll keep quiet about that for now icon_biggrin.gif

Am sure there will be a respectful and stony silence from them on here if we go out tomorrow night or lose on Sunday.

Tonight's result can only boost the boys' morale over in Germany though. Still a bit wary that we'll concede early and give ourselves a punishing task, but we should have enough.

Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Am sure there will be a respectful and stony silence from them on here if we go out tomorrow night or lose on Sunday.

Tonight's result can only boost the boys' morale over in Germany though. Still a bit wary that we'll concede early and give ourselves a punishing task, but we should have enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think so mate, depends on whos up front I suppose, but i have great confidence we will score over there, we should be playing a pacy striker up front, as bremen like to play with a high line, and that would be brilliant for the likes of Novo, who could get the ball knocked over and run at their keeper, surely Novo can finish against this guy, unlike Panathanaikos at home icon_frown.gif

Still all ifs and buts at this stage unfortunately...

Despite the positive results of late, we're too inconsistent ourselves to be overly confident in any of the competitions we're still in. Zenith and Everton both showed 2 goal leads are imperfect; Dundee Utd showed they will be far from easy to beat on Sunday and Celtic will be as dangerous as always in the 3 games we still have to play against them.

I'm just delighted that, after the last 2 years we've had, we're in such a decent position. Can we do it? I sincerely hope so but it's going to be damn close.

should just go on the idea that if we score over there, it's probably game over - especially if it was us scoring first

but I just reckon it's going to be a defending game where McGregor and his defence are going to have to be brilliant - would rather try and get it into a midfield battle where we can counter with pace (Novo)

Still all ifs and buts at this stage unfortunately...

Despite the positive results of late, we're too inconsistent ourselves to be overly confident in any of the competitions we're still in. Zenith and Everton both showed 2 goal leads are imperfect; Dundee Utd showed they will be far from easy to beat on Sunday and Celtic will be as dangerous as always in the 3 games we still have to play against them.

I'm just delighted that, after the last 2 years we've had, we're in such a decent position. Can we do it? I sincerely hope so but it's going to be damn close.

but we have a fantastic defensive record, all down to one man King Carlos, some player for us and the best 2.4m we have EVER spent icon_biggrin.gif

I'd be more confident about tomorrow if we had a player who could score. If we get a goal its virtually all over, although Werder are no mugs and they will have a lot to prove after that 6-3 thrashing. If Wiesse plays, he will be out to show his worth. The tie is far from over and we need to go out there with the right attitude or we'll get murdered.

Fairly confident we can do it but not overly so.

Originally posted by McNeil:

]

but we have a fantastic defensive record, all down to one man King Carlos, some player for us and the best 2.4m we have EVER spent icon_biggrin.gif

No doubt about it but Bremen are a dangerous side despite the result last week so Carlos and Co will have to be at the top of their game for us to get a result... icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McNeil:

]

No doubt about it but Bremen are a dangerous side despite the result last week so Carlos and Co will have to be at the top of their game for us to get a result... icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know they are, touch wood, but carlos hasn't let us down, and doesn't look like starting, and i reckon wattys tactics will be spot on tomorrow night, its not over, but i reckon we can get that away goal.

Originally posted by Ladle:

Advocaat guiding Zenit through the rounds

It's fate icon_cool.gif

looks like it, but if we get through I'd like:

Winners of Bolton Vs Sporting or

PSV or

Leverkusen

Would be best draw, and if not avoid Bayern at ALL costs!

Not really anyone in the draw that really puts the creepers on me. Hopefully we'll get through. Long gone are the days that teams like Inter, Barca and the Liverpools of this world are in the UEFA cup. Obviously Bayern are a top team but c'mon, we've beaten they're nearest rivals (albeit in one match so far.) and the champions of their league.

Archived