The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

About 34 of them went over the bar.

IF he had done something against us the other 189 mins they might have made it.

Chelsea are looking to spend close on 25million on him.... fools and their money.

I don't rate Diego from the four games he's played against us. Moments of brilliance at times but his mentality is terrible. Diving little bar steward! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At Ibrox, whenever anyone went near him he would end up on the floor. Can't say I rate him too much after the 2 games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was crappy against us for Porto too.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

Chelsea are looking to spend close on 25million on him.... fools and their money.

I don't rate Diego from the four games he's played against us. Moments of brilliance at times but his mentality is terrible. Diving little bar steward! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At Ibrox, whenever anyone went near him he would end up on the floor. Can't say I rate him too much after the 2 games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was crappy against us for Porto too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't remember him even playing. Shows what impression he made on me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

He was crappy against us for Porto too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't remember him even playing. Shows what impression he made on me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He got subbed after an hour in both matches. icon_biggrin.gif

Whats he complaining about, they won the game, so technically it wasn't "unjust" it would be "unjust" if we drew 0-0 or 1-1 or had won 1-0.

No, the only way this would be unjust was if one side didn't know about the rules of the game. You know, the team who scores the most wins. It's a brilliant game in its simplicity, and that's really all there is to it. It's football, it can be cruel sometimes, but shizzle me dizzle, all this talk about deserved and undeserved wins is getting at my nerves at times. As a German I was rooting for Bremen yesterday night though.

The fact that were based in Britain is enough, now if we were flying the flag of a foreign country.......

You do know there is NO such thing as Britain or British in Football right? FIFA, UEFA, The FA, The SFA, The FAW, And IFA,, can't remember seeing a British Association anywhere...

Even Sepp Blatter knows Britain doesn't exist and he's a Grade A Idiot.

PS. The Nation flag of Scotland is the Saltire, the Nation flag of the United Kingdom is the Union Flag. Scotland has the unique stance within the Union that is has been granted the right to fly it's own flag on any Public Building unless the Queen is present.

PPS. Congratulations to Rangers icon14.gif

Originally posted by Svenc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Whats he complaining about, they won the game, so technically it wasn't "unjust" it would be "unjust" if we drew 0-0 or 1-1 or had won 1-0.

No, the only way this would be unjust was if one side didn't know about the rules of the game. You know, the team who scores the most wins. It's a brilliant game in its simplicity, and that's really all there is to it. It's football, it can be cruel sometimes, but shizzle me dizzle, all this talk about deserved and undeserved wins is getting at my nerves at times. As a German I was rooting for Bremen yesterday night though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it's a point I make time and again. It's how many times you put that ball in your opponents net that counts, nothing else. You can have 99% possession, 1000 shots on goal but if you dont score and the other team does with their one effort and only touch of the game then they win.

Of course Werder can claim they were 'unlucky' but then on the other hand, thats what the keeper is there for with the on target shots, and the off target ones well they're just your own fault icon_biggrin.gif Swings and round abouts, I've watched so many Rangers games in Europe where the 'luck' swung the other way, so it's fine by me when it does swing ours icon_wink.gif

People seem to forget that Broadfoot is/was a Central Defender by nature so is unlikely to be a competent wing back and that is what is happening at the moment. Reasonably competent defending, enthusiastic but limited going forward. He gives his all, however, and we can forgive a lot as long as this is the case. There are others who may not justify that justification for poor performances.

• SI Staff

Have went through our possible opponents and have a list of their European results this season so far.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

Bayer Leverkusen

Previous European Results

Bayer Leverkusen 3-1 Leiria

Leiria 3-2 Bayer Leverkusen

Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 Toulouse

Spartak Moscow 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen

Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 Sparta

Zurich 0-5 Bayer Leverkusen

Galatasaray 0-0 Bayer Leverkusen

Bayer Leverkusen 5-1 Galatasaray

Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 Hamburg

Hamburg 3-2 Bayer Leverkusen

Current League Position: 4th

Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich 1-0 Belenenses

Belenenses 0-2 Bayern Munich

Red Star 2-3 Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich 2-2 Bolton

Braga 1-1 Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich 6-0 Aris

Aberdeen 2-2 Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich 5-1 Aberdeen

Anderlecht 0-5 Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich 1-2 Anderlecht

Current League Position: 1st

Fiorentina

Groningen 1-1 Fiorentina

Fiorentina 1-1 Groningen

Villarreal 1-1 Fiorentina

Fiorentina 6-1 Elfsborg

AEK 1-1 Fiorentina

Fiorentina 2-1 Mlada Boleslav

Rosenborg 0-1 Fiorentina

Fiorentina 2-1 Rosenborg

Fiorentina 2-0 Everton

Everton 2-0 Fiorentina

Current League Position: 4th

Getafe

Getafe 1-0 Twente

Twente 2-3 Getafe

Tottenham 1-2 Getafe

Getafe 1-2 Hapoel Tel Aviv

AaB 1-2 Getafe

Getafe 2-1 Anderlecht

AEK 1-1 Getafe

Getafe 3-0 AEK

Benfica 1-2 Getafe

Getafe 1-0 Benfica

Current League Position: 10th

PSV

PSV 2-1 CSKA Moscow

Inter 2-0 PSV

PSV 0-0 Fenerbahce

Fenerbahce 2-0 PSV

CSKA Moscow 0-1 PSV

PSV 0-1 Inter

PSV 2-0 Helsingborg

Helsingborg 1-2 PSV

Tottenham 0-1 PSV

PSV 0-1 Tottenham

Current League Position: 1st

Sporting Lisbon

Sporting Lisbon 0-1 Man Utd

Dynamo Kiev 1-2 Sporting Lisbon

Roma 2-1 Sporting Lisbon

Sporting Lisbon 2-2 Roma

Man Utd 2-1 Sporting Lisbon

Sporting Lisbon 3-0 Dynamo Kiev

Sporting Lisbon 2-0 Basel

Basel 0-3 Sporting Lisbon

Bolton 1-1 Sporting Lisbon

Sporting Lisbon 1-0 Bolton

Current League Position: 5th

Zenit

Zlate Moravce 0-2 Zenit

Zenit 3-0 Zlate Moravce

Zenit 3-0 Standard

Standard 1-1 Zenit

Zenit 1-1 AZ

Larissa 2-3 Zenit

Zenit 2-2 Nurnberg

Everton 1-0 Zenit

Zenit 1-0 Villarreal

Villarreal 2-1 Zenit

Marseille 3-1 Zenit

Zenit 2-0 Marseille

Current League Position: 1st (Champions)

from that above, i would definately prefer Getafe next round

icon_confused.gif ??? They've the majority of their gamesthis season in the UEFA, beating Spurs and Benfica away in the process. They would be the team I'd most like to avoid after Bayern tbh. Partly due to the fact that they're underrated and also we're rotten against Spanish opposition

I think Getafe would beat us tbh. I quite fancy another match with PSV tbh, don't really think we'd struggle too much against Leverkusen but with 2 German teams played so far would be nice to have something different. Obviously as well a return for Advocaat would have sentimental ties but keep them for the Final icon_wink.gif

Well done. icon14.gif

As to the draw, Getafe are the Villareal type draw this year, slightly unfancied, probably a team that a significant part of an Old Firm support expect to beat yet bloody good and a difficult draw.

PSV or Bayern would probably be good tight ties, but Zenit would be amusing for the neutrals. icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

Back to something we've all forgot about (apart from me icon_wink.gif ) is the fixture problem that hasn't gone away yet and we are now unable to play our outstanding matches before the split is scheduled to happen unless we're forced to play Saturday, Monday, Thursday (Europe) and even then that will only take care of one fixture.

Here is how it stands now, I've added in the future dates as well.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>SUN 16 MAR: Dundee Utd (N) – CIS Cup Final

WED 19 MAR: Partick Thistle (H) – Scottish Cup

SAT 22 MAR: Hibernian (H) - SPL

WED 26 MAR: INTERNATIONAL - Scotland v Croatia

SAT 29 MAR: Celtic (H) - SPL

THU 03 APR: UEFA Cup Quarter Final

SUN 06 APR: Dundee Utd (A) - SPL

THU 10 APR: UEFA Cup Quarter Final

SUN 13 APR: St Johnstone or St Mirren (A) - Scottish Cup Semi Final

WED 16 APR: FREE

SAT 19 APR: Split Game 1

THU 24 APR: UEFA Cup Semi Final Leg 1

SAT 26 APR: Split Game 2

THU 01 MAY: UEFA Cup Semi Final Leg 2

SAT 03 MAY: Split Game 3

SAT 10 MAY: Split Game 4

WED 14 MAY: UEFA Cup Final

SAT 17 MAY: Split Game 5

SAT 23 MAY: Scottish Cup Final

Still to be scheduled:

St Mirren (A) – SPL

Celtic (A) – SPL

Motherwell (A) - SPL

I guess they could just schedule the matches after the split as it's not very likely that Celtic or Motherwell will finish in the bottom six or that St. Mirren will make the top. Although if either team were to get close then the match would have to be played before the split happens. It's getting a bit mental.

Also to take into consideration is the Gretna situation and what would happen if they go bust and their points are wiped off the table as if they were never there. That would probably make things a bit tighter down there.

Be interesting to see how they solve this one!

• SI Staff

Date between 3 and 10 May for outstanding Celtic game.

Sun 13 April for St Mirren league game (Scots Cup wins for Partick and St J, natchicon_wink.gif)

Wed 16 April for Motherwell.

Sorted:P

Uh-oh, if both Bayern and Leverkusen go through there will be another German only match in the semis... good luck against Lissabon!

I'm most puzzled that these forums don't have a sub forum dedicated to football (and nothing else at all), by the way.

Uh-oh, if both Bayern and Leverkusen go through there will be another German only match in the semis... good luck against Lissabon!

I'm most puzzled that these forums don't have a sub forum dedicated to football (and nothing else at all), by the way.

Which German team is it you support Svenc?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

I've been a Munich supporter since my early teens. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See you in the Final then icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Svenc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

I've been a Munich supporter since my early teens. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See you in the Final then icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha

you get to the final...i'll run round george squad naked.

Originally posted by theholyone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Svenc:

hahaha

you get to the final...i'll run round george squad naked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you get to the final, all of us Rangers fans will run the length of Britain naked.

Deal?

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

hahaha

you get to the final...i'll run round george squad naked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you get to the final, all of us Rangers fans will run the length of Britain naked.

Deal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol,James we could retire from european competion..we've won the big cup..that cant be topped.

Originally posted by jimbo22:

Whats also quite good is that my name ain't james.....

So your saying it trying to sound intelligent doesnt work my friend. icon14.gificon_cool.gif

James..doesn't make you any less of a Rangers fan being called after several great leaders!

Seriously though..If I was a Rangers fan i'd be quite happy with Sporting,surley they cant be better than Breman?5th in the league to?

Then in the semi final it's anybody's game!

hate to say it but your in with a shout!although I think Fiorentime will knock you out in the semi thankfully

Originally posted by Ladle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theholyone:

lol,James we could retire from european competion..

Every city in Europe would breath a sigh of relief if this happened </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As would pilots and air stewards/stewardesses.

Originally posted by Ladle:

lol,James we could retire from european competion..

Every city in Europe would breath a sigh of relief if this happened </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah,I wish we could conduct ourselves like you pesky bears

Stuttgart-fake money

Paris-stabbing

Barcelona-urinating on statues

Manchester-about 20k of you posted missing

We could this tit for tat all day..football fans will obviously drink Ladle..Hence the smell of alchool your always on about.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">theholyone Banned - Alias

Just when I thought things couldn't get any better. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\0/\0/\0/

Originally posted by BWCH:

Congratulations guys, cracking result.

Some big teams left in it, but I think you've got a decent draw, must be part of you thinking you could seriously go all the way now?

There was a part of me thinking that just after the draw, but I took him outside and battered him. Of course we have as much chance as anyone now, but it's not going to happen. No point in getting our hopes all built up.

And yet....

Originally posted by BWCH:

Congratulations guys, cracking result.

Some big teams left in it, but I think you've got a decent draw, must be part of you thinking you could seriously go all the way now?

Who knows, one things for sure BWCH, we shouldnt fear anyone our side of the draw, on our day we can get good results against anyone.

Were in there, so we have a chance. Thats all i'm going to say really, time will tell.

both ladle and the holyone banned, this place is going to be a lot more peaceful now, we might get some football talk now instead of racial slanging matches icon_wink.gif

another 2 games of team in green in white hoops for yous guys eh.

sporting is a good draw considering the rest of the teams as they are struggling a bit in the league, although they are decent at home in europe

are you home or away 1st?

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

both ladle and the holyone banned, this place is going to be a lot more peaceful now, we might get some football talk now instead of racial slanging matches icon_wink.gif

another 2 games of team in green in white hoops for yous guys eh.

sporting is a good draw considering the rest of the teams as they are struggling a bit in the league, although they are decent at home in europe

are you home or away 1st?

We are home for both the QF and SF (if we make it) I also think we're the home side for the final too

Archived