The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Not the prettiest of matches but I couldn't give a flying ****. Six points and a game in hand icon_cool.gif.

Thought Thomson was quality after he scored, just grew in confidence. Once again, Cuellar mwas simply outstanding, I'm just dreading the day a Premiership side comes knocking.

Helicopter well on it's was to castle greyskull icon_biggrin.gif.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rudagar:

Not the prettiest of matches but I couldn't give a flying ****. Six points and a game in hand icon_cool.gif.

Thought Thomson was quality after he scored, just grew in confidence. Once again, Cuellar was simply outstanding, I'm just dreading the day a Premiership side comes knocking.

Helicopter well on it's way to castle greyskull icon_biggrin.gif.

ffs I've only had two pints icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by jimbo22:

I see the Ref cost them the game today.... they really are a special bunch those Celtic fans

If we'd won ten nil and had ten players sent off and they were allowed to play five extra men it would still be the refs fault. Can't win, but sure can whine.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

I see the Ref cost them the game today.... they really are a special bunch those Celtic fans

If we'd won ten nil and had ten players sent off and they were allowed to play five extra men it would still be the refs fault. Can't win, but sure can whine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And its a joy to behold watching the go nuts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

If we'd won ten nil and had ten players sent off and they were allowed to play five extra men it would still be the refs fault. Can't win, but sure can whine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And its a joy to behold watching the go nuts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makes it more sweet tbh. Just wish Thomson goal had been five miles offside or a penalty icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

I see the Ref cost them the game today

That usual pathetic line although everyone is laughing at it on the Radio stations! Walter as honest as ever with Wee Gord doing his best describing his players that have just played the best game of their life…..oh and it’s a younger side oh and the goal changed it…..No s**t!

Simple as!

Questions need to asked about loosing the goals – lack of Quality at the back!

Celtic are out off all Cup competitions!

There is something seriously wrong with the Scots lads at the Club -why are they underperforming!

Players brought in like Naka lets face it are not up to it, worst player on the pitch!

There scared to play a 3m player in Donati, that’s useful!

McGregor had to make seriously one great save!

This is the weak version of Rangers, we all know that but we are on top, lets hope the Scouts get it right…..We have to sign Davis.

Guest sav112
Originally posted by sav112:

Thomson looking lively as well, him and Baz will work well this season. Whittaker looking good as well.

Waiting to see Young Fleck the best young player in Scotland so it seems by some way from what I’ve heard.

icon14.gif God that seems ages ago!

I've said on many occasions that Thomson would go on to be a great player for us. I'm also delighted that we got him and not Scott Brown. We've wasted money on too many players over the years.

Would like to have had them both tbh, Scott Brown would have been brilliant player for us beside Thomson.

I've said on many occasions that Thomson would go on to be a great player for us. I'm also delighted that we got him and not Scott Brown. We've wasted money on too many players over the years.

Would like to have had them both tbh, Scott Brown would have been brilliant player for us beside Thomson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have taken Brown, not for £4.5million and £25k p/w.

No where near worth that amount of money. Similar deal to Thomson, £2million and close to £13/15k p/w

Smashing result, the boys gave their all today and Smith played it just right, as usual. KT was superb, a cut above his opponents in that packed midfield. My MotM.

Thought Dundee United made a great claim a fortnight ago to being the league's worst losers but Celtic have rightly reclaimed the crown. We all knew the excuses and conspiracies and criticisms of our tactics would come thick and fast, but as long we keep winning who cares? I suppose we all have our own ways of dealing with deep hurt.

It's a commanding lead, but not one we can get complacent about with a tough run-in ahead. Lookin good though.

Celtic FC have re-arranged their end of season dinner at short notice. It's now being held tonight. Anyone fancy going along?

Menu: Starters - sour grapes

Main Course - Plaice (may come second)

Puddings - selection from Caldwell, Hinkel, Naylor and VoH

Followed by hard cheese and biscuits

Drinks will be available but no doubles, triples or Trophy Bitter

A fine selection of whines will also be on offer.

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

On a seperate note, Kevin Thomson is god.

Posted on the 6th of January.

Told you so. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too early to bring this one up from 16th of May last year? icon_biggrin.gif

Rangers won't win the league with the Flim Flam man in charge.

Guest sav112

Flim Flam icon_wink.gif

Walter is Walter we all know. Fact is he's come in and proved that he can build an average squad and beat a Celtic side that have had not competition over the last few season.

He turned Hutton from a will we let him go – to a 9M player.

He’s turned McGregor into a Class goalkeeper and our No1 at 25yr’s old.

Brought in Davis who looks the best mid-window transfer

Brought in Cuellar who well what can you say….player of the Year.

Won our first Cup.

But Best of all he’s got the Rangers Spirit Back and these players would run through walls and that was missing over the last few seasons.

Originally posted by HOORAY HENRIK:

I wont be falling for your RST propaganda...."father"

Eh? Why not address my points instead of posting some inane, childish nonsense? What the hell does 'father' mean? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Onto the game.

Not the most exciting OF game I've ever been to with both teams cancelling each other out to an extent. The only real bit of quality play on the day resulted in the winning goal and the 3 points is a large step in the right direction in terms of our title challenge.

Thought Thomson, Weir and Cuellar were all outstanding and I also felt Whittaker and Broadfoot did pretty well in the second half.

Obviously I've not seen the contentious incidents on the TV yet but from speaking with a few neutrals in the boozer, it appears Thomson stuck his leg in to try and win a free-kick so should have been sent off. Generally though I thought Dougal had a decent game. In many ways McManus's poor challenge early on set the tone for some harsh bookings thereafter but essentially I'm not sure any team can genuinely say the officials' performances affected the result.

Lisbon next.

It is very, very funny.

But, we shouldn't be posting on here apparently. Now, you're not allowed to enjoy victories 7 hours after the game finishes while having a joke at your greatest rival's expense.

3 years without a trophy is a long time for us perennial smarmy posters to haud oor wheesht but not long enough for our wee offended friends from the East End.

it's basically because things are going our way tbh, it's the same old story. Rangers winning trophies/leading leagues - Celtic fans/players/managers throw the toys out of the pram

notice that we got nothing about "conspiracies" when they were winning the league without challenge for 2 years icon14.gif

heard a bit of the match on the radio.

happy with the in, and not bothered about the performance too much. no point worrying about it on old firm day as both teams usually play poorer than usual.

delighted with mcgregor this season. smart move by walter keeping him in the team. he's played under enough quality to build up his own game, and now he has had the games has been able to build on his performances. cuellar is a legend. wouldn't surprise me if we get a big offer in the summer. as long as we can replac him with quality

McGregor and Cuellar have been outstanding this season.

The big defender really has been a real find for little over £2.3million. To be honest I doubt we'll be able to hold onto him with the undoubted PotY form he's shown throughout this season. Hopefully we'll get another season of watching the lad but if we can bring in another £10million for him then we quite simply can't turn that money down.

Let's not forget the influence of auld Davie as well. It's no coincidence that no matter what player has played in defence this season, they've all fitted in very well because of the organisational skills of the big man. Just wish we signed him 10 years ago.

Generally though our success this season (so far anyway) has been because of our team play as opposed to any individual contributions. We get criticised for allegedly not having any flair or hugely talented players but today's goal was just one example of the kind of football we have played often enough this season.

Just hope we can get over the finishing line now. Lots more hard work to do...

The stats are interesting. Our 'anti-football' has actually scored more goals than any other team in the SPL.

Oh don't bring up stats... Some seem to go very quiet when you counter their claims with cold hard facts like that. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

The stats are interesting. Our 'anti-football' has actually scored more goals than any other team in the SPL.

Oh don't bring up stats... Some seem to go very quiet when you counter their claims with cold hard facts like that. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strachan loves stats though icon_biggrin.gif seems to mention them any time Celtic lose. "did you know we had 500 passes in a game we lost 1-0?" icon_redface.gif

Guest sav112

I see two lads from Dundee Utd got sent off and we have them next sunday! Not wishing anyone sent off but if there first choice that can only be a good thing.

Sent off:

Kenneth 90

Swanson 90

Guest sav112
Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

We're havin a party! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Those Celtic fans won’t forget that in a hurry….surprised that was played as it’s a bit in your face! I actually felt sorry there for the few Celts trying to raise there flags yeah cos that will counter the remaining twenty thousand singing the song and show them….

I see two lads from Dundee Utd got sent off and we have them next sunday! Not wishing anyone sent off but if there first choice that can only be a good thing.

Sent off:

Kenneth 90

Swanson 90

one was a straight red (Swanson) and the other was 2 bookings

as long as we play the short ball, we should hopefully win that game though - although twice we've played the long ball game and almost paid for it

Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

That Danny Swanson lad is supposed to be the next big thing from what I hear?

So they say - I've actually signed him for my Bradford Park Avenue squad in the Conference, before I'd realised who he was.

The game at Tannadice will certainly be tough, make no mistake, but hopefully we can win and take another step closer. After today we don't want to give that mhob any re-kindled hopes, get it done and dusted asap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

Those Celtic fans won’t forget that in a hurry….surprised that was played as it’s a bit in your face! I actually felt sorry there for the few Celts trying to raise there flags yeah cos that will counter the remaining twenty thousand singing the song and show them…. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off! rub it in their faces icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gudge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

Those Celtic fans won’t forget that in a hurry….surprised that was played as it’s a bit in your face! I actually felt sorry there for the few Celts trying to raise there flags yeah cos that will counter the remaining twenty thousand singing the song and show them…. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off! rub it in their faces icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn right.

That song brings back great memories of 8 and 9 in a row, and a 90 minute party up in Perth in 2000 during the Advocaat heydey.

Far too long since we've had the chance to rub it in like that. icon_biggrin.gif

As for Thomson's potential sending off for any lurkers (who've gone all quiet all of a sudden), I'll see that and raise McManus and Naylor, both of whom got away with shocking challenges when on a yellow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gudge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

**** off! rub it in their faces icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn right.

That song brings back great memories of 8 and 9 in a row, and a 90 minute party up in Perth in 2000 during the Advocaat heydey.

Far too long since we've had the chance to rub it in like that. icon_biggrin.gif

As for Thomson's potential sending off for any lurkers (who've gone all quiet all of a sudden), I'll see that and raise McManus and Naylor, both of whom got away with shocking challenges when on a yellow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

McManus would have got a 2 minute minor in the NHL for his body check on JCD today, but who cares we won icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by HOORAY HENRIK:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

[Eh? Why not address my points instead of posting some inane, childish nonsense? What the hell does 'father' mean? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

In response to your patronising son comment.

Not hard to grasp sunshine... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GIRFUY.

Originally posted by Gudge:

**** off! rub it in their faces icon_biggrin.gif

Exactly! We've had 2+ years of enduring Eck Must Stay, Moonbeams, Vive le Revolution etc etc. Fair enough, we've deserved it, good luck to them, but the minute the pendulum starts to swing the other way, what, we're all supposed to sit on our hands, be contrite and humble and not upset anyone?

Originally posted by TM:

Sent off:

Kenneth 90

Swanson 90

one was a straight red (Swanson) and the other was 2 bookings

as long as we play the short ball, we should hopefully win that game though - although twice we've played the long ball game and almost paid for it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will probably be tougher than yesterday as we're playing a team with a manager who actually knows how to set his team up against us and win.

Smith vs Celtic

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

2007/2008 Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic

2007/2008 Rangers 3 - 0 Celtic

2006/2007 Rangers 2 - 0 Celtic

2006/2007 Celtic 0 - 1 Rangers

1997/1998 Rangers 2 - 0 Celtic

1997/1998 Celtic 2 - 0 Rangers

1997/1998 Celtic 1 - 1 Rangers

1997/1998 Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic

1996/1997 Celtic 0 - 1 Rangers

1996/1997 Rangers 3 - 1 Celtic

1996/1997 Celtic 0 - 1 Rangers

1996/1997 Rangers 2 - 0 Celtic

1995/1996 Rangers 1 - 1 Celtic

1995/1996 Celtic 0 - 0 Rangers

1995/1996 Rangers 3 - 3 Celtic

1995/1996 Celtic 0 - 2 Rangers

1994/1995 Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers

1994/1995 Rangers 1 - 1 Celtic

1994/1995 Celtic 1 - 3 Rangers

1994/1995 Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic

1993/1994 Rangers 1 - 1 Celtic

1993/1994 Celtic 2 - 4 Rangers

1993/1994 Celtic 0 - 0 Rangers

1993/1994 Rangers 1 - 2 Celtic

1992/1993 Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers

1992/1993 Rangers 1 - 1 Celtic

1992/1993 Celtic 0 - 1 Rangers

1992/1993 Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic

1991/1992 Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic

1991/1992 Celtic 0 - 2 Rangers

1991/1992 Rangers 1 - 1 Celtic

1991/1992 Celtic 1 - 3 Rangers

P W D L GF GA

32 17 9 6 44 27

</pre>

that's some bloody record...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

What a game, realy enjoyed that victory over the stinkers.

KT and Steve Davies were the best two players on the park.

Alan McShaggers shave from Hinkels strike so amazy.

Good to see the yahoos playing thier quality cavalier football punting the ball up repeatedly to the Samarse and Van Rinkydinks.

Love it when things are going a bit wry and you bring on Barry Robson to try and save the game for you icon_biggrin.gif

How the feck was lee naylor not sent off? ref clearly a preist dressed up like stuart dougal.

Shame we couldn't kep darchville on long with them pushing up more nd more i thought he'd be more of a danger as the game went on.

Archived