The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sav112

Seeing as the league winners go straight into the CL proper I’m waiting on sir David informing us he’s Backing Walter all the way – yeah all the way to the £10M that’s probably just been banked next season…..

That Debt we were in must be getting seriously low, or does that not get mentioned as it’s a great excuse to have for keeping the reigns tight cash wise….

icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff
Seeing as the league winners go straight into the CL proper

That's not confirmed yet. Depends who wins the Champions League.

So we should all be supporting Man Utd icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Jeebs:

Mon a late collapse from yous on this page, and us sneaking in the backdoor icon_cool.gif

We'd need to lose four games - and thats with you winning everything. Ok so it might happen. Seriously doubt it. We win tomorrow it's all over, you may as well start planning for trying to win 2nd place from Dundee United and Motherwell next season.

Quite hard to be negative. We've only lost 3 games from 29 and would need to lose at least four from our last nine to have any chance of blowing this. Put it this way, if we don't win the league, every single player at Ibrox should be taken out and shot.

Still think the United match is going to be tough mind, wouldn't be surprised if we lost then we could theoretically lose the two at Celtic Park and suddenly is might be game on. Still the plus side would be we'd get rid of Charlie Adam who'd be first against the wall.

• SI Staff

It's looking like Adam is injured for the rest of the season anyway, so we probably won't have to endure any more hollywood balls this season.

Improvement definitely needed

RANGERS have been boosted ahead of today's clash with Dundee United with the news that Walter Smith is Clydesdale Bank Manager of the Month for March.

The Light Blues have been the team on form in the month with four SPL victories - including last week's Old Firm triumph - which has taken them six points clear with a game in hand.

Of course, the CIS Cup was captured in dramatic circumstances when today's opponents United were beaten on penalties after a 2-2 draw.

And Rangers dumped highly fancied Werder Bremen out of the UEFA Cup to reach the last eight for the first time in their history.

The only real blip was a 1-1 Scottish Cup draw with Partick Thistle but the replay takes place next Sunday.

Now the Ibrox boss hopes April can be just as productive, starting with today's clash with Dundee United. source

Well done Walter, now get us the win today and it'll be even better

• SI Staff

We've struggled in recent years away to Dundee Utd. Here's some highlights in reverse order...

Dundee Utd 2-1 Rangers

Dundee Utd 2-1 Rangers

Dundee Utd 1-4 Rangers

Dundee Utd 0-0 Rangers

Dundee Utd 1-1 Rangers

Dundee Utd 3-3 Rangers

Dundee Utd 2-0 Rangers

Dundee Utd 1-3 Rangers

Rangers: (from) McGregor, Broadfoot, Papac, Weir, Cuellar, Ferguson, Thomson, Davis, Darcheville, McCulloch, Novo, Boyd, Naismith, Dailly, Whittaker, Furman, Alexander, Cousin.

hopefully walter will go with a more attacking formation but walter knows best.

i know adam is out with a knee problem but what about chris burke?

Burke can pish off until he can cross a ball/not fall over when he gets fouled

hopefully Walter has the same opinion as me and will look for a right winger in the summer who can do that

Originally posted by TM:

Burke can pish off until he can cross a ball/not fall over when he gets fouled

hopefully Walter has the same opinion as me and will look for a right winger in the summer who can do that

true. i was just wondering though. just hadn't heard anything about him in the last couple of weeks.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

And also show the level of consistency required. There is no doubt in my mind Burke is good enough, but he's hardly a kid anymore and tbh I think we should be moving him on. Probably swap him for McCormack at Motherwell.

yeah if we get someone else for that area in the summer, move him on. i think he would turn down Motherwell tbh. i think alot of Championship clubs would snap him up and pay him a good wage if he went south.

what a crap goal that was icon_biggrin.gif

midfield have been terrible, I've seen more movement from a granny going to get a bus than Whittaker and Dailly have done in this first half on the right - you need to get forward to support the two strikers icon13.gif

don't really think McGregor has had anything to do except pick the ball out of his net though? so I don't get the "omg Dundee Utd deserve the lead" from fat boy Crocker icon_biggrin.gif although the way we are playing even with 4-4-2 is just rubbish

Pretty lacklustre so far, from both sides really. Good to get a goal from a set piece threat which we didn't really look like doing against Sporting. A draw won't be a disaster, but like I say a win almost effectively seals the title. Time the players realised that. Fingers out arses please, this is the biggest match of the season so far start believing it.

Guest sav112

I’d love it, love it if we win this!

Ibroxhero going to shout to take off Novo again mate we need another icon_wink.gif

Archived