Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a real answer ;

Rating players within the guidelines

Updating contracts

Making sure noone is missing from the staff/player section

Try to crack the Rangers accounts and see exactly how much money we have.

transfering players out

updating seasonal stats and any records that may be new

Try to get as accurate detail as possible with players

Mistakes happen, People will pick up on them, try to fix them for the next patch.

Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Jim Beglin summed it up

'This is not anti-football - this is intelligent football and superior tactics'

apparently big trousers had a dig at us as the STV coverage went off tonight, hopefully ITV4 trouncing their viewer figures will make his face trip him icon_cool.gif

saw the ads they had for STV coverage today in the paper, like baws I was listening to Walker and Colquhoun bad mouth us and then senile man to do the exact same

ITV4 was brilliant, not exactly big fans of Earle or Townsend but they actually sounded like they wanted us to win and Drury/Beglin were class as the commentary team icon_cool.gif

saw the ads they had for STV coverage today in the paper, like baws I was listening to Walker and Colquhoun bad mouth us and then senile man to do the exact same

ITV4 was brilliant, not exactly big fans of Earle or Townsend but they actually sounded like they wanted us to win and Drury/Beglin were class as the commentary team

I used ITV4 for the pre-match, half time analysis so much better. It was Archie Woof and Fraser Wishart on commentary on STV and they were ok, although Archie did comment that Kirk Broadfoot was a good footballer which did make me laugh - senile old fart.

I don't really believe in omens, they are a load of pish, but as everyone knows we beat Sporting on the way to the CWC in 72 yeah, and we also beat Torino (Fiore?) and of course Dynamo Moscow (Zenit?) in the Final. And just to add a bit more spice, we beat Bayern in the Semis.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Oh and dont rely on Rangers ever ever ever getting back to you with information and if all else fails Ter is always on hand to clean up the mess icon_wink.gif

Yeah, like forgetting to free transfer players who were released and include new players we've signed / promoted icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff
so, in theory, you could make kirk broadfoot the best fullback on football manager?

No, we do have checks in place so that things like that shouldn't happen

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

I thought we were as good tonight as were utter pish in the 1st leg. I still feel we need to practice set pieces much more, they are dire at times, its utter schoolboy stuff at times. Sometimes we gave the ball away too easily, and it seemed we play a bit too close together at times but when it comes good, it really does come good.

The first goal was a classic counter-attacking sucker punch and the second I really thought Whittaker was blowing it! Actually thought Cousin's effort just before that was in too. I won't say what my reaction was icon_wink.gif

Some negatives: Hemdani - He really has lost something. As Gary says, probably not playing week in week out can't be helping, but he really doesn't look the player he was. Broadfoot still makes too many mistakes for me, and as for McCulloch well really I simply cannot fathom why he plays and wtf was that idiot action with the keeper about?

Positives: Steve Davis I thought started the match quite poorly, but came onto a good game and in the end was quite superb. Was really pleased for JCD with the goal, he put in a power of work and did very well considering. Barry was a lot better tonight than I've seen him for a while, although still looking obviously far from 100% fit. Bit hats off to Christian Dailly, he was superb and tbh I never really noticed Weir was missing.

The Bookings: Well if you're going to get booked and miss a match, it's probably as well you miss the 1st leg of the Semi so not overly disappointed and it give Barry and Kevin a rest icon_biggrin.gif

Overall I'm utterly ecstatic at what we've done tonight, it's been a hell of a long time coming - I was eight years old last time we got this far in Europe (Not counting 1993 because that was a strange set up) - and it just doesn't seem real. People will think this is crazy, but we can win this now. We certainly have as much chance as anyone and although Fiore are a good team, we have a chance. I would happily lose to Partick on Sunday, if it meant a place in the UEFA Cup Final. (Equally I'll be happy to have both icon_wink.gif)

Well summed up Peace. I would add that Carlos was absolutely outstanding tonight. He must be worth at least £100,000,000 by now. I don't think I've ever been more confident in a defender than I am in this lad. It was interesting watching it in a bar with English people that rarely watch Scottish football. A few them seemed really impressed with Carlos and the energy from JCD. One lad even said Carlos would be perfect for Arsenal. I told him to **** off. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways, what a great night. I'm so happy. :******)

For me, the Sporting tie was the hardest. Not because they were the best team we've played - they most certainly were not - but simply because this was a tie we all, deep down, really believed we could and should win and for Scottish teams those are the games we have a good chance of stuffing up in. We fear Fiore, they are a quality side and that fear is good because the players will know they have to be 150% up for those matches.

I'm equally sure they will be.

Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinkil:

Good game sporting were nothing special even though half their team are getting scouted.

I fear Fiore though and I havent feared any team yet.

You never feared Werder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah seen them a few times on tv knew diego was decent but no one else caught my eye. Thought it was fairly evens.

Fiore first leg without Thomson and Ferguson could be a brutal one.

Originally posted by gavinkil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinkil:

Good game sporting were nothing special even though half their team are getting scouted.

I fear Fiore though and I havent feared any team yet.

You never feared Werder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah seen them a few times on tv knew diego was decent but no one else caught my eye. Thought it was fairly evens.

Fiore first leg without Thomson and Ferguson could be a brutal one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Adam and Dailly will do fine. Especially with Ibrox behind them.

'mon a Charlie wonder goal.

Do we play first leg at home? I seriously hope so because we can keep a home clean sheet without Barry and Kev

I take heart after watching Everton tear them to shreds at Goodison in the 2nd leg. They were nothing special that night and Everton really deserved to go through

"Gran serata, ora puntiamo i Rangers"

Jorgensen: "Era la serata giusta, mi sentivo che lo sarebbe stata. Fin da quando siamo entrati in campo tutti avevamo la giusta convinzione. . Poi quando Adrian ha fatto quel gol ho capito che forse era la serata giusta. In semifinale ci toccherà un calcio simile a quello dell'Everton con i Glasgow Rangers. Una finale contro il Bayern sarebbe bella, ma prima affrontiamo il Glasgow. Complimenti a Toni che ha fatto doppietta".

Basically saying they have no chance of beating Rangers, and that Luca Toni is a fat bastard.

Do we play first leg at home? I seriously hope so because we can keep a home clean sheet without Barry and Kev

I take heart after watching Everton tear them to shreds at Goodison in the 2nd leg. They were nothing special that night and Everton really deserved to go through

First leg is home.

and the Everton thing is exactly why I fear them icon_biggrin.gif

I'd have been disappointed if we had lost the Sporting game if I'm honest, because I considered Bremen such a better outfit

Fiorentina is somebody I fear, but Everton took 2 goals off them at home and we could do the job at home with the right sort of formation/tactics, although I doubt we'll have a go at them icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeebs:

i think even i would be gutted for you lot if you lost on penalties.

Seriously? I'd love to be able to say I was gutted when Celtic got beat a few years back but I'd be a lier. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be honest, I was happy to seem them get to the final and part of me wanted them to beating the cheating Portuguese scum. But still enjoyed them losing as well. Win-win really, plus the comments from certain people in here at the time (well on the other thread) just made it better.

But I'm sure all the Celtic fans will be cheering us on icon_wink.gif

Sporting coach Paulo Bento said he was shocked after watching his side lose 2-0 to Rangers and exit the Uefa Cup at the quarter-finals stage.

"We will analyse this game and correct what we did wrong," Bento said.

"We will now focus on other objectives - to finish second in the championship and reach the Portuguese Cup final.

"I feel sad as we all should. This was an objective we should have achieved. "It was cruel what happened but we have to get over this and refocus."

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Sporting coach Paulo Bento said he was shocked after watching his side lose 2-0 to Rangers and exit the Uefa Cup at the quarter-finals stage.

"We will analyse this game and correct what we did wrong," Bento said.

"We will now focus on other objectives - to finish second in the championship and reach the Portuguese Cup final.

"I feel sad as we all should. This was an objective we should have achieved. "It was cruel what happened but we have to get over this and refocus."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the first time the other manager hasn't cried outrage. I'm guessing he accepted we played like Brazil and obviously the better team won. icon_wink.gif

because this is getting more and more of a reality, how much would tickets to final cost, and is there any possibilty of a non season ticket holder like me getting one?

Too late to get tickets from UEFA now. The lottery for who gets to buy them was lost month. No doubt when we know who gets to the final there will be some allocated to both clubs, but they're likely to cost and arm + leg. Cheapest I seen from UEFA was £50 a head.

So if Rangers do get handed tickets we won't know the details till we qualify.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

because this is getting more and more of a reality, how much would tickets to final cost, and is there any possibilty of a non season ticket holder like me getting one?

Too late to get tickets from UEFA now. The lottery for who gets to buy them was lost month. No doubt when we know who gets to the final there will be some allocated to both clubs, but they're likely to cost and arm + leg. Cheapest I seen from UEFA was £50 a head.

So if Rangers do get handed tickets we won't know the details till we qualify. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would spend anything to see Rangers play in UEFA Cup Final, honestly

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi:

So if Rangers do get handed tickets we won't know the details till we qualify. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am hoping that those signed up to the CCCS will get priority, as I am on it. icon_biggrin.gif

What a night!

A tremendous away performance of patience, organisation and counter-attacking football. Much like the Lyon game where Sporting created a fair amount of half-chances but we looked dangerous when we did get forward. Some great football (on a splendid pitch) and the lads showed the opposition how to finish.

When JCD missed early and the Portuguese started brightly in the 2nd half I thought we'd maybe struggle but once again we dug deep and deserved the win. Cuellar and Dailly absolutely immense at the back, Papac impressive on the flank and Kevin Thomson again influential in midfield. Cousin and Whittaker did well when they came on and the latter's goal was quite simply sensational - awareness, ball control, strength and the finish as good as you'll see from any poacher.

An incredible season so far then but we've still got it all to do. That display last night suggests we can as well and after a few average/poor games surely at last the lads will take genuine confidence forward for the last part of the season.

Originally posted by Rcjuk:

"DARCHEVILLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

"he might go himself here.....STEPHEN WHITTAKER... RANGERS! SEMI FINAL!"

Love it when commentary makes a goal awesome.

Mate, you've no idea how refreshing it's been watching the Rangers on ITV4 for the last 2 games. Drury, Beglin et al may have their faults but generally the coverage is like night and day from the agenda-ridden myopic clowns at STV (and the BBC for that matter).

Last week we have a fantastic pre-match tour of Murray Park, last night in-depth interviews and analysis of our players and the kind of positive, informed and balanced commentary of the game that the amateurs in Scottish journalism can only dream about.

Icing on the cake when you can watch your team win and you know the pundits are genuinely delighted and not putting on brave faces for the cameras!

ITV4 >>> STV.

Thought Rangers were superb last night and thoroughly deserved to go through. Bit lucky not to lose a goal from a set piece though, and must be a concern to give up so many headers from simple crosses like that, but nobody wins anything without a bit of luck on their side.

I thought Davis, Hemdani, McCulloch and Ferguson did a superb job of relieving pressure on the defence all night long and Darcheville was outstanding.

Broadfoot is never a footballer though.

Have to say I like the way Papac plays, generally, and Cuellar is obviously top notch. Dailly was Dailly. He's done it for Scotland for years and I'll never understand the criticism he gets. Must be nice for all the defenders to play in front of a goalie they trust, and it was positive to see that McGregor is more than prepared to give them a rollocking when they **** up, no matter their reputation.

Whittaker's goal was one of the funniest things I've seen for a while. You could almost hear the defenders thinking "who's he going to pass to, no way he goes himself, he's useless. Damn."

Archived