How to sign players whose contract is expiring in 6 months?

You can right-click on the player's name and select Approach to Sign or go to his profile and select Approach to Sign.

You can't if you're an English club and the player also plays for an English club where it's only a month, IIRC. Some (or all?) Brexit scenarios also cause the Bosman ruling to be scrapped, so it won't be possible then either.

Neither can you in Germany. I'm Werder Bremen and can only sign expiring players once there contracts have fully expired. Also a question - why do some players stay on at a club when their contract runs out. I can understand month to month contracts in lower leagues but two players I wanted Antonio from West Ham and Gomez from Chelsea, I had to bid for them even though their contracts had expired. Why is that? 

What you can do is go to the transfer section of the game and setup filters for players who contract is expiring in 6 months.  Then do a search per position.  

For players that I want but can't afford them because they are locked in long contracts I would add them to shortlist when there contracts are about to expire you are alerted.

Archived