Opposition Instructions

Just discovered this! Now can someone explain to me how I use it?

It seems that some instructions such as 'mark tighter' have already been decided (by assistant?) but greyed out, unless I tick the box next to the player.

Then pressing the 'apply advice' button seems to undo whatever I've specified

I'm confused!

• 2 months later...

'Apply advice' means that you take the Assistant Manager's suggestions, so if you ticked the box, made changes and then clicked 'Apply advice' it will reset your changes to what the Assistant had previously suggested.

They are automatically applied depending on your assistant. Before each match I go to "opposition instructions" and click - clear, then anything greyed out is available and you can make your own choices.

I sometimes use them, mostly not. If I see an opponent (GK, defender) with low composure, speed I might select Always close down, or if they have low bravery and strength I might tackle harder (or if they are injured already or with low condition to get them out ... yes, I am Mourinho jr.).

Some people try to check out the wingers what foot they use and show them on the weaker or stronger depending what you want to achieve.

One caveat, all these opposition instructions can counter your own team instructions. If you close down on too many, you will be out of shape.

Archived