general and individual mentality;different moments to close down

jorgen80

Hi. Being myself someone who dreams to be a coach in real life, there are certain things that really frustrating me when I am trying to setting up new tactics based on ideas taken from different coaches in real life. This is really difficult to do because the mentality and the team shape is used like one process that works out in every aspect of your team. If you choose the control mentality, every player will try to retain possession even if you wished that some players played the ball the faster they can. I would really like to set the mentality I want to every player, and not for the team. For instance, the centre-backs if the mentality is "control"-even if he is a ball player- will retain the ball too much for my taste, becoming a problem when facing teams that push higher up on the pitch and have strikers with good stats in aggressiveness, teamwork and stamina. I like to control games, but I do not want to control the field in the most fragile position on the pitch. I want the ball to be on the midfielders, and if possible, in the opposition half.

What I would like to propose is to have the different mentalities available for the team but if you desire, you can change the individual mentality of every player. I see really differences in the way my defenses play when I choose to play them with an attacking mentality. 

In short, it would be real great if you could choose the mentality you want for a player; if you could take advantage of the different mentalities and use them in different players to mixing up a little your game.

Another thing that really bothers me is the way your players close down. An option to tell your players when to start closing down, would be really appreciated. For now, it seems like an automatic process, that does not bring any kind of complexity to the art of defending. Every one of us can set up an aggressive type of closing down without the need of any effort to do it properly:" Should the player start to close down the moment he receives the ball?" " Should the player be closed down the moment he tries to advance some meters on the field? " " Which players should close down the centre-defenders?" 

The complexity of the game needs to step up a little more, in my opinion.   You need to give us more tools and freedom to really play the way we want.

Thanks for reading.

PS: Fix Dybala, please. Is he the new to Madeira? He scores a goal per game in my save. 

• 1 year later...

Archived