Hide all attributes idea (fm18)

Andrew_Goats_Gruff

Before i start, it should be an option... so that stops people biting at me.

I think their should be an option to hide all attributes and rely on a scout report for player information. Like the pros and cons, or even remove all attributes as in real life, reputation is over hyped in my opinion, shelvey can play a ball just as good as most players but on fm it wont back this up, his vision is incredible also, however i feel removin attributes will also bring youth more to life, if i have a youth player with 10 passin his getting no where near my team, passin is a basic skill but on fm, passin, decisions composure and technique come in to play, so say if a player had 6 passin, a short simple pass sometimes goes astray, any player can play a simple pass, so fm should acknowledge this. when i sign a player it becomes a maths project, im lookin at his attributes in detail, youth players are unplayable, the game should allow players with low potential ability to progress massively, like look at knockaert at brighton, where did his form come from. Id love an option to hide all attributes, thers slight ways around it but if im signin a player, im lookin at him like its a maths thing to make sure his right for me.

scout report, pros, cons, preffered foot, height, weight, low down on his history, his great at winnin ball so potential to play as our ball winnin mid an so on

Generally speaking, any manager (not only sport managers) knows what skills have his players. It Is true, a manager hasnt numerical ratings for his players. But he has a general evaluation. He knows that X is able to dribble better than Y or that Z is able to make better decisions or to run quicker than W. If a guy knows almost nothing about comparative abilities and skills of 'his' players then this guy is an amateur, not a manager. On the other hand, a real manager can see anytime what are doing his players during the training. A real manager can talk with his players about many things. A real manager can ask his coaches to provide him very detailed or very specifical reports. And, what not, a real manager can drink a beer with his coaches, a great way to learn more about his players. 

I'm not sure why you think its an issue.

In general though I rarely look at the attributes and haven't for many years.  I mostly rely on the octagon, the scout/coach reports and watching the matches on comprehensive highlights.

If you are that bothered by the attributes being there I think there are even skins that hide them which is the likely the best option for what you are looking for.

On 27/01/2017 at 09:54, Cougar2010 said:

I'm not sure why you think its an issue.

In general though I rarely look at the attributes and haven't for many years.  I mostly rely on the octagon, the scout/coach reports and watching the matches on comprehensive highlights.

If you are that bothered by the attributes being there I think there are even skins that hide them which is the likely the best option for what you are looking for.

Im the opposite. I mostly rely on attributes and trust me instinct when signing a player. I guess thats what makes FM so diverse and robust. 

On 1/26/2017 at 19:25, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

however i feel removin attributes will also bring youth more to life, if i have a youth player with 10 passin his getting no where near my team, passin is a basic skill but on fm, passin, decisions composure and technique come in to play, so say if a player had 6 passin, a short simple pass sometimes goes astray, any player can play a simple pass, so fm should acknowledge this. when i sign a player it becomes a maths project, im lookin at his attributes in detail, youth players are unplayable

Sorry but I don't agree with this for the most part. Youth are just as playable as in real-life on the game. I have a lot of success with United and Leverkusen, bringing through player such as Fosu-Mensah, Havertz and Akkaynak into the squad in the first 2-3 months of a new game. Havertz in particular is playable from the start and extremely impressive. They don't have attributes that match up to any of my first-team players, but you have to look beyond the attributes because they don't always show how well a player is going to perform. Take Volland as an example, his attributes are great but performs poorly a lot of the time.

The one area of this I agree with, is in terms of other clubs. Young players don't seem to develop anywhere near as well at other clubs, as they would if you had them yourself. I've had a mate play to 2020 and some popular youngsters in the game such as Rashford and Donnarumma haven't had a single attribute rise.

I'd imagine SI will put a star-feature over the attributes in the future.

0.5* for 1-2, 1* for 3-4, 1.5* for 5-6, 2* for 7-8, 2.5* for 9-10, 3* for 11-12, 4* for 13-14, 4.5* for 15-16, 5* for 17+ or something like that.

• 10 months later...

Archived