Team underachieving

Struggling with a FM16 save, playing Touch if it makes a difference, though I believe the only impact on this is the lack of player conversations.

Got Strasbourg promoted to Ligue 2 in the first season by winning the league (after a struggle that told me I've got a long way to go with LLM). Predicted to finish 18th the next season and promised the board I'd avoid Relegation. I strung several surprise results together to surge up the table to around the Playoff places early before reverting back to type and dropping to mid-table around the halfway point of the season after a string of poor results against bigger teams (Bordeaux got knocked down). Now half my team seems to have slight concerns about underachieving and 5 of my main players are unhappy about it (alienated - regardless of which option I picked when they brought up their concerns), including my captain and my first team keeper. It's not like the team has changed much since the Media Prediction, I brought in one or two players with Ligue 1 potential and was looking forward to developing them. Half my team is still on amateur contracts since finances are tight.

Is this a bug or is it simply that a good run of form is penalised once it finishes? Will winning several games remove unhappiness? Is there anything I can do before it spreads and destroys my team? I was looking at re-adjusting my board promises to mid-table as this gives me money to offer new contracts (majority are on 1 or 2 years) but most won't accept them due to their slight concerns.

2 hours ago, Cal585 said:

Surely someone else has had this problem?

It is a clear bug, assuming you didn't change expectations midway through the season.

I'm sure SI would love a copy of the save in the bugs forum, from before the complaints.

Archived