Injury prone players

So I generally play as my team Sunderland who have the obvious downsides of having no money but the major downside of having to deal with Jack "the curse" Rodwell who has a lovely record of playing for Sunderland about 37 times it is now I believe without us winning a game but who could also get injured on the journey from the physio room after being told he is fit to the managers office (seen it happen in game about 9am "Rodwell resumes full training" about 9:15as "Rodwell out for 6 months"

So just wondering how people deal with very injury prone players, personally I try and get rid of the worst offenders but it is not always viable as no one in their right minds wants them for example in all my previous saves I have ended up with Rodwell seeing out his contract then sitting around injured and unemployed for awhile before retiring or being fit enough to convince some poor lower league team to take him then getting injured again. Newest game he is injured again and out until after Jan window so stuck with him until the end of the season again from previous saves I usually resorted to loaning him out (for virtually no contribution was the only way someone would do it) in the hopes of him impressing enough for someone to take him but he always ended up spending more time in the physio room than on the pitch and no one would take him. What do you do with players you really really don't want lurking in your physio room for 3 seasons?

1 hour ago, borivoje213 said:

I try to sell them off too.  But keeping their training intensity lower when their condition is lower, and not playing them unless they're in top condition.  I'd be open to suggestions too.

Tried putting him on low intensity training permanently (easier than turning it back up on those rare occasions hes in good condition) and its very rare when he reaches top condition lol.

I avoid signing injury prone players unless I think there is a profit to be made from buying them cheap and selling them on. If I have a player already there, I will just limit his playing time and try to keep training lower. He will play the most important games (or be a useful backup, depends how good he is). If he can be sold and a similar less injury prone player found, then this is what I will do.

37 minutes ago, vasilli07 said:

Have you try renewing his contract and then try to insert a injury release clause? The disadvantage of this is to pay his signing on fee and agent fee.

Did not know that was possible cheers going to give this a shot

Edit - It worked! signed for 1k more wages and the fee's were annoying but better than being stuck with a player on high wages I don't want for the next 3 years. Now we play the waiting game.

Try and manage their training a bit better. Lowering their intensity and not focusing on too much.

But mainly, I can and avoid signing/using injury prone players. They're just a liability, regardless of how good they are. 

9 minutes ago, Mattyboy89 said:

Try and manage their training a bit better. Lowering their intensity and not focusing on too much.

But mainly, I can and avoid signing/using injury prone players. They're just a liability, regardless of how good they are. 

I try and avoid them too but its a pain when you take over a team with a particularly bad one in there especially if they are crap too.

Interesting trivia: I have never had any injury problems with Sturridge in my team.

Hang on. Should I demand my money back for blatant lack of realism?

On the topic: there's only so much you can do if someone is injury prone. The easiest solution is to get rid of them. I think it's also probably the best thing to do, because they can really sabotage your plans.

Archived