LLM questions

So a few questions about the Welsh league, first it says the league splits does this work the same as the Scottish league or is it different? Has anyone managed in it often and how did you go about breaking TNS's domination of the league and cups? Apart from better training and being able to get better players and keep your own easier are there any other benefits of becoming semi professional from amateur and what do you need to to do to get the club to go semi professional?

I ask because I recently started a LLM save and the first club to offer me a job was Cardif Met Uni and they are the only amateur team in the league all the others are semi apart from TNS who are professional at first being amateur seemed like a blessing because I don't pay players and therefore I went for quality and quantity to fill up my rather small team but any time there was competition for a signing I lost out to anyone who could actually afford to pay them. Not going to bad so far though was expected to reach the first round of theWord cup and somehow into the 3rd round, and in the league my first game was against Cefn Druids and was a 1-1 draw but my second was Aberysthwyth who I somehow demolished 4-0 away and then played them again a few days later in the second round of the cup again away and this time hammered them 6-1. Doing quite well on the field I set up a direct counter attacking style of lump it up to the big guy or the fast guy but somehow I have dominated possession in all my matches too (second game against Abersthwyth they only had one shot which naturally went in in the 92nd minute) but off the field the finances are not going well obviously no wages but "other" costs are much higher than my rather tiny match day income (bumper crowd of 102 for my first game of the season) any advice for improving the finances I did a few friendlies where I made profit but that is going fast.

Everyone plays each other twice, then the league splits down the middle. You then play everyone in your half of the table twice again. 32 games in total.

TNS are very difficult to overtake. I played a number of seasons with Afan Lido in FM16, and TNS seemed to get stronger and stronger every year, aided by the fact that they were the only professional club in the league. I was eventually able to overtake them when I bizarrely got a Parent club link with Inter Milan! I think this was the result of only having the Welsh leagues loaded.

I actually started with Cardiff Met this year, but only did one season. I managed to get most of the players that were interested and did ok in the end - I think I finished in 7th. I didn't renew my contract so can't comment too much on finances. I did have an issue where my 'Financial Control' was rock bottom though, as there were wages being deducted from a wage budget of nil.

Cheers, I don't play TNS until just before the split then I play them home and away back to back before one more game then the split. Just lost to Newtown 2-1 but before that beat Carmarthen 4-1 so still not going too bad but early days yet. I looked and on my home game against Carmarthen my ticket sales made me a hefty £6 profit over my match day fees.

Yeah, I started my current game in Northern Ireland, and had the same issue with financial control.  Then I moved to China, where the wage budget was absurdly high, and I couldn't attract players good enough to ask for the wages it would take to fill it. 

Two seasons there has nearly maxed out my financial control bar.

It's kind of weird.

Cant see me overturning TNS any time soon, somehow I have got Cardiff Met Uni up to second after 12 games and through to the semi's of theWord cup and 4th round of the Welsh cup. But TNS are 10 points and +15GD ahead and they are interested in my 2 main strikers both of my wingers and my number one CB I can see us plummeting after January if I cant keep or replace them and I cant see them staying at second place club for free than go to the champions and actually get money.

Well coming up to January and I am second in the league (10 points behind still) but amazingly Newtown knocked TNS out of the cup so I have them in the final and I have beaten them once before already so stand a good chance of silverware. Or at least I would if the club was semi-professional and I could offer my players some money because at the moment 7/11 of my 1st team are all wanted by TNS guess thats how they win, any team who is a threat gets bought. Anyone know how I can get the club to semi professional reasonably quickly or does it take time?

Archived