I've completed a language course!

The year is 2021, I've been managing Spurs since July 2016 and I've just been sent an email by my PA that I'm now able to speak fluent English!

Great news you might think, but I am English so passing this course probably didn't present too much of a challenge.

Has anyone else had this pop up? All I can assume is that somewhere along the line the game has confused this with a coaching course.

Yep, I had exactly the same.

I started the game as Bristol City, moved to Burnley after a few years & then had the great news that I was able to speak fluent English which came as a great relief, seeing as I'm English!!

Not sure what year it was though as I'm currently in 2029 but it was a couple of seasons ago.

4 hours ago, Delvi said:

I agree, on top of that I think it should be reintroduced the possibility of indicating the languages we already know, when we create our profile, as it was in FM16.

You can?

You can add two in addition to the default native language of your primary nationality.

48 minutes ago, forameuss said:

You probably had to go on a course to get fluent in "Football English".  You know, saying "at the end of the day", "good football man" and complaining about foreigners.

Gotta get "I don't fink..." into your vocabulary.

On 2/12/2017 at 16:22, saware said:

The year is 2021, I've been managing Spurs since July 2016 and I've just been sent an email by my PA that I'm now able to speak fluent English!

Great news you might think, but I am English so passing this course probably didn't present too much of a challenge.

Has anyone else had this pop up? All I can assume is that somewhere along the line the game has confused this with a coaching course.

Maybe it was so you could speak English like Lord Tumbleduke or whoever. So in the last minute of a Champions League Final when your star striker misses an open goal you find yourself saying "Bad luck old chap you were damm unluckly" instead of "You usless idiot".

4 hours ago, forameuss said:

You probably had to go on a course to get fluent in "Football English".  You know, saying "at the end of the day", "good football man" and complaining about foreigners.

Don't forget about “stonewall penalty”, “handbags” and “walk it in”.

Archived