How to create a team

mkabas

It is possible. You need to use the official editor.

Load the database you want to use and then go up to options and select create a team. Fill in all of its details but make sure when you add them to the Championship that you remove another team as you can't change the amount teams in any division. When you have it done, just save the database with a new name and then start up FM08 and start a new game using the database you just created. If you need any more detailed help, just ask and I'll be happy to help. :)

Can I Put money in my new team, or players too?

Yeah, you can put in both. Just follow the tabs on the right for each section and just add them in. About the money, though, it is linked to reputation of the club so if you put in too much the game will change it. Are you putting in a lot of money?

I Don't know yet. But maybe yes. And to name the stadium can I?

Yeah, you can. If you want to create a new stadium just go to options and then create a stadium. Fill in its details and then go back to your club and set that stadium as the one you want to use.

As I said the amount of money you put in may not be what it is in the game.

You can do everything. Two tips though

1) Make sure you give the club FA cup history or they won't be entered

2) choose 2 completely different kits or other teams will play in their away kit at home (i gave my team a darker Barcelona version blue and red home kit and a yellow and blue away kit. Because of the blue everton, chelsea, leicester, colchester e.t.c. play in away kit when i play them)

the first time i did the game i wasn't in the fa cup. So i gave the team history in the competition in 2007 as in played 3 won 2 lost 1 and then i had the fa cup

That is possibly another way but if you set the year they were founded as 2005 or earlier they should be in the FA Cup anyway.

i've added a team in the conference south doing this but they dont appear to be in fa cup

They need to be at least 2 years old to be in the FA Cup.

my editor will not let me create anything how can i fix it?

Make sure you have load all languages ticked in options before loading the database.

i created a team and added it to the spanish league, but when i create a new game the spanish league isn't there, i can't choose spain.

it seems like spain disappear, can anybody help me??

Did you remove a team from the league when you added your one?

You need to have the exact same number of teams in each division in the league.

Hope that helps you. :)

i cant find the editor can someone please help me or give me a step by step guid on what to do:confused:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008

2. You should see the data editor in there and double click on it to launch it

3. When it opens go up to file and load database and select the database you want to load

4. Make your changes in it

5. Go to file and choose save as and save the database under a new name

6. Exit the editor

7. Start a new game in FM08

8. When you click new game a box should appear from which you can select your edited database

9. Start the new game as normal

That is how to create an edited database. If you want any specific help on creating a player or doing anything else in the editor just reply here or pm me and I will be glad to help. :)

I have created a new team and put them into the english league 2, i have deleted oldham from the leage so there are the right number of teams in the league but when i start a new game the english leagues dont appear can anybody help me?

I have created a new team and put them into the english league 2, i have deleted oldham from the leage so there are the right number of teams in the league but when i start a new game the english leagues dont appear can anybody help me?

ummm this might of happened to me before actually...it might have something to do with the team you created, did you fill in ALL the vital information needed? and welcome to the forums xD

I created a new team at fresh(NO PLAYERS ADDED IN EDITOR) and so I start off with no players.

Added the team to blue square south.

PROBLEM - I have a very low wage budget of 325 pounds a week.

The average for the league(per team) is about 4,000k so with a 325k budget I'm in a bit of bother, it's unplayable really.

How can this be fixed?

I changed the remaining wage budget in the editor to 6,000k(thought that was reasonable) but still end up with the comedy wage budget once I start the game.

I created a new team at fresh(NO PLAYERS ADDED IN EDITOR) and so I start off with no players.

Added the team to blue square south.

PROBLEM - I have a very low wage budget of 325 pounds a week.

The average for the league(per team) is about 4,000k so with a 325k budget I'm in a bit of bother, it's unplayable really.

How can this be fixed?

I changed the remaining wage budget in the editor to 6,000k(thought that was reasonable) but still end up with the comedy wage budget once I start the game.

If you give yourself no players then you will get a low wage budget. You can fix it with an ingame editor.

Another thing, with my created team I did a test game(basically sticking the game on holiday seeing if everything runs smoothly)

I noticed I wasn't entered into the Setanta Shield, is there a reason why?

Probably there is a reason but I am not sure of the rules for it so I don't really know. It maybe something like the FA Cup as your team will not be entered in that utnil it is at least 2 years old.

In your data editor, search for league 2 and highlight the team you want to get rid of & click swap at the bottom and then add your team :D

• 2 months later...
i created a new player on data editor but now when i load my game the premier league faces i downloaded do not appear. is this because i created the player?

That should not make a difference. Did they work before?

• 2 weeks later...

the problem i think is that oldham ar'nt in league 2 they are in league 1:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived