Playing Away question

I was wondering does anyone actually know the difference between playing home and away and the effect it has on your team in FM. Apart from the approach of the other team does anyone know if there is some sort of momentum coding which you only get at home, making more mistakes than usual stuff like that.

Because we all know in football there is an advantage playing at home and i still don't know how exactly they code this factor on FM.

The only real difference I've seen is that players make a few less mistakes (I've compared pass completion for a whole season for away and home).

From my experience and this might just be confirmation bias, it seems the players are less likely to feel nervous and pressured. They are more easily encouraged. The pre-match talk "Give the fans their money's worth" and "Give the fans something to cheer for" seems to be more effective in making players feel motivated. The same talks seem a bit likely to make the players feel nervous or confused away. Never happens at home.

Generally, they gather slightly higher ratings.

Archived