"The Winning"08 - ||A NEW tactical conjuration|| ••V.1.00•• ••|Updated Regually"••

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive downloaded loads of tactics from this forum, probably because i have never been able to come up with a consistant one myself and this was by far the best one! I obviously went with V1 first which was amzing. I loved the way it utilises the wingers so much whilst also provding cover in the middle. This is by far the best tactic out there. Good work Jack!!! Im just about to go with V2 and if its anything like V1 then ill be pretty chuffed.

Keep em coming

I have been testing with Chelsea and Wolves in season two.

Things are going quite well, but the centre-backs seem to get 'pulled apart' every now and again. I am looking into how to remedy this.

I also get the run around in midfield on occasion with Wolves. This seems to have been sorted by using two players with good workrate and stamina though. Will continue to monitor.

Oh and one other thing. For some reason I get a lot more chances from the left than right...any idea why? It is odd! icon_smile.gif

i've been testing with coventry in the prem in season 2. Did quite well when i slowed the tempo down and then switched the right striker to target man and set team to target man during the game. Managed to finish in 5th place. Still need to work on the defence,it looks like the full back get left out of position to often and let the other side in.

Testing this with the FM Updates update with Pompey.

1st season and 2nd in the prem

My games were as follows.

Pompey 3- 0 Boro

After going 1-0 up i decided to switch to V4.00 for the last 45 minutes.

And succeeded with 2 goals and utter domination in the second half.

It was encouraging being the first Half with the tactic being utter domination.

Next game was Derby.

Derby 0-1 Pompey

In the first half we dominated with Derby only having 7 shots to our 22! in one half and we had 63%Possesion.We went into the break 2-0 up disappointing considering the 22 shots.

Just after halftime Derby scored to scare us but on the 60th minute we went 3-1 up game over.

4 minutes later Defoe got his hat trick to put us 4-1 up.We did not dominate in the second half with Derby putting the pressure on us.

In the end we won 4-1 with 60% possesion and 31 shots.

So far so good in a game and a half 6 goals 1 conceded 2 wins and massive domination.

Pompey 2-0 Sunderland

Same old Same old.

Again massive domination in the first half and took a 2 goal lead.

Tailed off again in the second half and did not dominate as much as usual.

Thats my quick 3 game test.

Little bit of feedback:

i have quickly tested it with my Queensland Roar side and have been encouraged by the amount of possession compared to the previous version (v3) i use, but i have struggled to create clear chances maybe its the lack of a good passer as a playmaker?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by worm:

Little bit of feedback:

i have quickly tested it with my Queensland Roar side and have been encouraged by the amount of possession compared to the previous version (v3) i use, but i have struggled to create clear chances maybe its the lack of a good passer as a playmaker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I am getting this too, yet I have good creators. They just seem to be providing half-chances though.

May have to tweak a little, icon_smile.gif

Hi, Jack. Thank you for your tactic, I'd say it's fantastic. I am using Arsenal, and win the title with 30Wins 8 draws. Score 92, concede only 18.

To those who wasn't succeed, I have some own opinions: 1. Find a good training scheme, it helps. 2.Do the talks properly during the game. 3.Since a tactic cannot be suitable for every team, some twicks are needed, Especailly the motion. 4.Don't judge this tactic too quickly until you've made the tactic fit for you team completely.

And you'll be successful.

Cheers again, Jack!

PS. I am using v2.00

what would you guys recommend as for the version of the tactic for my Queensland Roar side in The Australian A-league. The 8 teams in the league are all pretty equal but my team lacks pass in the centre back positions and any really creative midfielders although i do have a fair few young attackers (wingers/strikers).

Jack

I downloaded v2 yesterday and it has been the best tactic i have used in fm2008.

using it with rangers and i am romping away with the league.

Dont know how to post screen shots but if someone tells me how i will try.

Cheers Mate good work icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poppy7899:

where can i dl version 4?

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the mid of page8.. Altough it's just BETA version of the new tactics..

Hey urm,

First off, NICE JOB Jack! Haven't really got the chance to try many games with it but got off to a flying start with Man Utd

3v2 Chelsea (Won)

3v0 Fulham (Won)

These are the results so far, but would like to ask you if there are any way of substituting the Target man with a Fast Striker? My MAN utd team has 2 world class FS (rooney and tevez) and i just bought matias fernandez. with 8 mil pounds left to spend on a TS. Doubt I'll get much with that either (looking at FRED for a TS). Any way of tweaking the tactics to accomodate FS?

So sorry for being such a bother, am new to tactics here. Previously i just used to cheat the budget

Jack, im pretty new to FM but have managed to take my southend team to 2nd in the premiership in Nov 2011 using a variety of tactics.

I've had a load of fun with your tactics with V1 being pretty succesful for me in home games. I did get some horrible beatings away from home to good teams though (Liverpool beat me 6-0). I just tried V3.02 and boy what a ride. Beat Bolton 7-5 at home. I think the defending needs a bit of a tweak ;-).

Just wanted to say thanks. It is a blast!!

I reckon I'll update to your latest version next preseason and run through all of my matches with the same tactic

Keep up the good work.

HI jack.

I am a Aston Villa fan so pretty much always use them in the game.... I have tryed your 2.0 and version 3.0 but cannot seem to win...

Currently in the prem I have pld 12 won 2 drawn 4 Lost 6..

I have signed Bogdan Stancu, Luka Modric. Jef Farfan, Ever Banega and Derek Boateng..

I am still in the carling cup though...

I would be very grateful for any tips or advice.

Almost forgot I am using Matts training and patch 8.01

Thanks for any help..

Hi Jack,

Really looking forward to this. Started your V4b in late mid-season where Liverpool were struggling with lack of goals and lack of luck.

Ill try this one out for you, for the rest of the season and pre-season. Ill give you feedback in any changes.

Thanks for good work so far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keffo:

Hi Jack,

Really looking forward to this. Started your V4b in late mid-season where Liverpool were struggling with lack of goals and lack of luck.

Ill try this one out for you, for the rest of the season and pre-season. Ill give you feedback in any changes.

Thanks for good work so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Note, currently placed 8th after 17 matches. (Starting V4b now)

this tactis is working wonders, my only objection is that it scores loads of goals and at the minute keeping clean sheets, my problem is bonuses, lol im paying out a fortune lol,

anyways i will keep u posted, im liverpool and torres has scored 23 golas and it's only november,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daniel Foster:

Good luck with updating it to 8.02. The match engine is impossible to conquer! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

farrrrrrrrr from it

Just to clarify, I did make V4 on the new patch, I got it a week early.

Im not sure if i will make new versions of this tactic, Yes, it has had 100k Downloads but. Im not sure if i have the time. If you guys want me to make an UBER The Winning i will, But at this moment im undecided.

Jack

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

Im not sure if i will make new versions of this tactic, Yes, it has had 100k Downloads but. Im not sure if i have the time. If you guys want me to make an UBER The Winning i will, But at this moment im undecided.

Jack </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey jack, do you have a big head? icon_rolleyes.gif

Go ahead and make a final version. Name it Uber Winning or whatever you want to. I'm sure that would make a lot of people happy. Just to complete a tactic which has the most downloads and comments :p I hope you will find some time to do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jase19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

Jack </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey jack, do you have a big head? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats irrelavent. i was asking a simple question, whom you had to flame.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimboola:

I have been testing with Chelsea and Wolves in season two.

Things are going quite well, but the centre-backs seem to get 'pulled apart' every now and again. I am looking into how to remedy this.

I also get the run around in midfield on occasion with Wolves. This seems to have been sorted by using two players with good workrate and stamina though. Will continue to monitor.

Oh and one other thing. For some reason I get a lot more chances from the left than right...any idea why? It is odd! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still having the same probs Jack.

Tried with Chelsea, Burnley and MK Dons and was top 5 with all but nothing special. Which is odd, 1 worked great for me, 2 was pretty good, never tried 3, 4 seems hit and miss.

Of course others will think differently.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alimdemir:

there are very much better tactics then this tactic in sigames forums.this tactic doesnt work anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry you feel that way but me and others certainly dont, V1 probably doesnt after the Match Engine changes in 8.02, But the rest do. And you know, Its not just the tactic, Its the players, The training, the morale, and most importantly, YOU.

Next version should be ready within a month. Ill keep you updated with more of my tactics.

~ Jack

Archived