Disable re-gens

cainy1982

It would be good to have the option to disable re-gens as there are enough real life players to not need them when only playing 3-4 seasons max, I understand the need for them to replace retiring players when playing multiple season (upwards of 6-7) but I don't want re-gens in my game as they spoil it for me, on the active leagues screen there could be the option to disable re-gens as an extension of the "use fake players" option to also say "never use fake players", there are also enough real life youth players to promote into 1st team squads when only playing 3-4 seasons to have no need for re-gens.

What is the point?

Think about it. If you go four seasons into a game where newgens are turned off and only real players are included, the youngest players in-game would be, what, 20? That's not realistic, especially as you get teenagers breaking through in professional football all the time.

Where would you be getting those teenage players from if they can't be generated? Greyed-out players, perhaps? They're little more than watered-down temporary newgens. (You can't use real-life under-16 players for legal reasons.)

You would essentially be removing about a generation's worth of footballers from your game, simply because you dislike newgens.

Each to their own, I'm not suggesting removing re-gens altogether merely having the option should anybody want it, those who like re-gens don't tick the "never use fake players" box, those who don't like them tick the box. There is an option to use real life fixture list which no one cares about but the option is still there!

2 minutes ago, cainy1982 said:

Each to their own, I'm not suggesting removing re-gens altogether merely having the option should anybody want it, those who like re-gens don't tick the "never use fake players" box, those who don't like them tick the box. There is an option to use real life fixture list which no one cares about but the option is still there!

I understood what you meant. I just didn't think the option would be a very sensible or realistic one. No offence.

Oh, and some people DO care about using real fixture lists. :)

The minefield that is "opinions", to me the real life fixture list is as pointless as introducing re-gens into a game 2-3 seasons long but people have the option to use them or not, I'm merely asking for the same option with re-gens

I agree to a certain extent, re gens can be a pain in the back side, but I can not deny the excitement I get when the intake message pops up, obviously me being a Man Utd fan I dream of repeating the class of '92 and fail every football manager due to being sacked or being forced into not using the youth players I put on the bench due to going one nil down my usual 50-70 minute sub time.

As much as I agree Re Gens being fake generated players are not real players, but think about it, if your playing 4 season at max, why are they even effecting your game?

Also as fake as they are, they are kind of realistic in the fact of the likes of Rashford bursting onto the scene when nobody had really heard of him, unless you follow the youth?

Like another prospect Angel Gomes for Man Utds youth looking promising in becoming a must have player for future FM game titles, why would you want to take the realistic prospect of finding a Gem in Youth Intakes like clubs do in real life? For Example Southampton have done it for longer then many can remember

• 9 months later...

Archived