Not possible to terminate loan from senior affiliate?

I loaned a player from my senior affiliate and while I didn't notice at the time, it was a 2-year loan.  Now after the first year, I don't want him but the "terminate loan" option is greyed out.  I'm in the transfer window right now, so that's not the problem.

Is this just a standard rule I didn't know about, that you can't terminate a loan from a senior affiliate like you can a loan from some other team.  The other player I have on loan isn't from the senior affiliate and I can terminate his loan no problem.  Is there anyway I can ask the senior affiliate to recall the loan?  I suppose the answer is to just not register him and play him in cups?

I am Girona in Spain (was second division but got promoted and about to start the new season (now in pre-season transfer window)) and the senior affiliate is Manchester City.  The link is an international partnership in which players are loaned.  It says, "Man City will be able to send players on loan to Girona.  During the loan spell the player's salary will be paid in full by Man City.  Girona have no obligation to play the player and he can be recalled at any time."  There's nothing anywhere about terminating a loan, just the greyed out menu option.  I think the recall from loan option is only there when you've loaned the player out, not taken the player in on loan.

Not sure what the reason could be, as a guess is the English transfer window open? If that's not the reason then I suggest posting in the bugs forum.

I think that's true, but cancelling my affiliation with Man City would be suicide :D

I think what's happening is there's a loan option that says the loan cannot be terminated.  It's not mentioned in the affiliate agreement and and doesn't show up listed as a loan option when you make the loan agreement (unless I completely miss it every time), but it's probably a mandatory default the same way can be recalled is a mandatory default.

In any event, the affiliate agreement says I'm not obligated to play the player, so I stuck him on my B squad and so far nobody is complaining.  I don't have to pay his wages so the only downside is to the player's development, which is unfortunate but doesn't affect me at all.

Archived