FM14 - EL winner into next years CL

thompe

Hey guys,

So, I am still back in the stone age with my copy of FM14, and I'm looking to add something to the game via the editor.

As in the title, I am trying to edit the game so that the Europa League winner gets added in to next years Champions League.

The first thing I have done is setting a nation to the EL and CL in the editor, so that I am able to edit the competitions via advanced rules. After this I have tried a couple of things which have failed; First I tried to change the fate action of the winner of the final to 'Qualify team for competition' and competition to 'Champions League'. As for 'Qualification type' I don't know what this means/does, and tried both the defualt 'Hidden' and 'Qualified', there are other options but I have not tried those. This did not change anything in game.

After that I removed the fate action for the winner of the EL final all together and went into the CL rules and the tab 'Qualified teams'. Here I added one rule, 'Type' is set to 'Get last winner of competition' and 'Competition' to 'Europa League'. The other 4 options in this window are not touched and is not active.

Both tries did not do anything, and the winner of the EL still enters next years EL at the group stage. At this point I'm wondering if there is anything hard coded beyond the stuff we can change in the advanced rules that forces EL winner to qualify for next years EL.

I know this is an obscure request for an old game, but hopefully someone can shed some light on this. I have searched the web and this forum and only found people with problems with custom leagues and databases, and not much else that could apply for this conundrum.

Go to Continent > Teams, then add a row with the following information:

Type: Last Winner Of Other Competition
Other Competition: Europa League
Qualified Competition: Champions League
Seeding To Give Teams: 1

The seeding of 1 depends on how you set up the qualifying. For example if you had 3 qualifying rounds with new teams entering at each round, and you wanted them in the 3rd qualifying round you'd set it to 0. If you have new teams entering at the group stage also, you'd set the seeding to 1. 0 is basically the last stage that new teams will enter the competition.

Pretty sure this should do the trick.

• 2 months later...

Hi @Carlito85, thank for your response, however I have not been able to do what you are describing, as I could not find the path 'continent > teams'. Not sure where to look.

Also, there was a thread in GD that was discussing this but for FM17, and a SI employee responded that this was fixed in a patch for that game. So I asked if it would be possible to do this through the editor for FM14 and his response was that the change had to be done in the code so it couldn't be done on FM14, sadly. 

Maybe you'll accept the challenge and prove them wrong? :))

What you'll have to do, which I forgot to mention in my last post, is recreate the competitions from scratch if you wish to change anything about them. It's time-consuming, but setting the Champions League and Europa League to a nation is the way to get all of the info you need if you want to keep the competitions the same as they are when remaking them from scratch.

When you're creating the continental rules, the rules will need to be converted to Advanced. From there you will have the option of Continent > Teams (which is where all of the seeding is done)

Alternatively you're welcome to try using one of my 6 UEFA Revival files as a starting point if you wish in order to save some time, and simply change it up where necessary to fit your personal preference. I'm not sure if these files from the 2017 editor will be backwards compatible but I'd imagine they should be.

I never realized that the stipulation was bugged in 2014, so this post may be for naught. Doh!

Archived