Any way to get a B team up into a playable league?

My B team in Spain currently plays in one of the low leagues which is not playable in the game.  In fact, the B team doesn't even have games on its schedule; I have to manually add friendlies each week so the players can get some work.  Since they play no games, I assume they'll ever get promoted into a playable leagues like some other B teams.  Is there any way to move them into a playable league, maybe with an editor or something.  If not, will scheduling friendlies against higher reputation teams be better for their development than lower reputation teams?

Interesting, I'll have to watch for any indication they are getting some background action.  But what about the fact that in the B team competitions tab, it says "Girona B are not currently playing in any competitions"?  

Ah if that's the case then get your assistant manager to schedule weekly friendlys in the staff responsibilities/ b team tab , although on my save it says girona b are in the primera catalana group 1 so best way to check is the player stays page where it gives you there avg rating and goals/assists stats and see if they are active on the league part 

22 hours ago, Cpwfos said:

Ah if that's the case then get your assistant manager to schedule weekly friendlys in the staff responsibilities/ b team tab , although on my save it says girona b are in the primera catalana group 1 so best way to check is the player stays page where it gives you there avg rating and goals/assists stats and see if they are active on the league part 

I've got the box checked for the assistant manager to arrange friendlies, but he never does.  I assume it has something to do with the low level league.  Oh well, I just arrange them myself for every Monday after our league game.  At least it allows me to arrange friendlies with the highest reputation teams given to choose from.  I have some good prospects stashed on the B team who are getting tutored right now.  I assume friendlies against decent competition is better for development than nothing.  I have a third division (Segundo B) affiliate, but we're about a top second division/bottom first division team and they all refuse to play for the affiliate as too low level.  After tutoring, I should be able to loan them out to second division clubs.

iirc, there's a database mod that makes all the lower level Spanish divisions playable.  I'll have to remember to use it next time.  I don't think you can apply it to an existing game.

On 3/7/2017 at 00:20, Cpwfos said:

They will still be playing in background fixtures you just can't see the match reports, if you put plenty of decent young players in the team they will get promoted 

Only reputation impacts promotion prospects, and it's set to static due to the way non-active leagues work. The young players will get "fixtures" if they are in the team, but they won't impact the chances of promotion. 

I ended up moving my prospects from the B to the main team and now schedule a friendly for the main team every Monday to play the former B-teamers with the first team backups.  My thinking was they'd get a lot better coaching a the main club and play friendlies against higher reputation teams and with height quality teammates.  Maybe it well help development or at least gain tactical familiarity.  I'll loan the mot next year after their tutoring finishes.

am I missing something here or is this the way to go?  

The B team seems like a total dead end (at least in Spain if your B team isn't in a playable league).  I don't even have coaches for the B team, my assistant manager manages their games  (not sure how to get the B team to hire coaches).

The only drawback of moving the B team prospects to the main team is their wages count against the main team wage budget.  After the move, I suddenly realized I was 10,000 euros over budget and had to move some back.  

Archived