A few ideas/suggestions

cpfc27

I have a few small suggestions that I think could make the game a little more well-rounded and engaging.

At the end of each season I would like the player-controlled manager to be able to choose somebody that he/she has worked with to be added to their favoured personnel. EG. A member of staff, a director, a player. I think this would just add an element of history and personality to the manager.

I would like greater depth of managerial records for the PCM such as "longest winning streak, biggest defeat, record goalscorer, best 11" which again would add greater history and personality to the manager.

I'd like to see the return of wide forwards on the strikers line for greater tactical depth.

I'd like questions from the media to be in foreign language when moving to a country where you do not speak the language and for key words to become clearer as you get a greater handle on it. There could be an option of an interpretor which affects the magnitude of the response as well. This would add greater realism and intrigue when moving abroad.

I'd like a greater level of interaction with players regarding their contracts rather than an offer being rejected and then having to wait a month before they are willing to negotiate again. If you could talk to them about it then this time scale could decrease or increase.

A couple more which I'd forgotten.

I think you should be able to select a position to take throw ins rather than a person. I don't want my left back taking throw ins on the right just because he has a high throw in rating and I don't want my left back taking throw ins on the right just because he'd swapped positions from DR to DL midway through the game. 

I also think you should be able to set a frequency for how often you send free kicks into the box and how often you take them short. If I'm losing late in a match and I get a free kick in my own half I want my big lads in the box and the ball being sent into the mixer. I do not want this happening when I am winning late in a game. 

I know you can micro manage and probably get the same results but I'd rather there were some more general instructions that allowed you to do this without having to pause the game and really tinker about.

I do think some of these ideas are actually quite good. For example, my 'Worst Opinion of' includes people like Antonio Conte and managers that I'm not really sure who they even are. Being able to tweak these little bits in some way would be neat, but not too fussed about it.

Again, more of an in-depth history would be cool, seeing your biggest win/defeat, most successful XI, most used player, even competition based stats (Along than overall win %, etc)

More freedom of where players play in the tactics could make it more diverse, and opens up the opportunity for more players to play in more suitable roles.

I've also thought foreign interviews would be a cool concept, but I suppose that fitting in all those languages is time consuming and probably not worthwhile.

Yeah the set piece and throw ins thing does annoy me. My wing backs usually take my throw ins from their respective sides, but when I'm not using them (Usually in a back 3 away from home), my striker often ends up taking them because he's wearing either the number 2 or the number 3 shirt (Semi-professional side, so no set squad numbers means it all gets mixed up).

The final point is valid too, I'd also like to add that I'd like a bit more freedom to choosing who moves to where. For example, I know you can choose basic movement like going from the back post to the goalkeeper, but if you could choose for a CD to make a curved run to the back post or something, that would be great. 

Hopefully SI can add in at least one of these things

• 8 months later...

Archived