[Discussion] If your player makes a mistake that leads to a goal, make sure we know

b28937

In my experience with FM, when a player makes a mistake that leads to a goal it's almost always goes downhill for him from there.  But it's not always apparent when this happens.  With so happening on the pitch, it's hard to see who made a mistake.  Sometimes it says it in the text, but usually that's just a quick flash and easy to miss.  Sometimes it's apparent from his rating but not always.  So if a player makes a mistake that leads to a goal, I really want to know about it.  I don't have any real suggestion how to do it.  Maybe in the assistant manager's feedback, he can say so and so looks shaky out there after making a mistake that led to a goal or something similar so it's clear what happened.  Or maybe put it in the match feed settings so there's a popup that so and so made a mistake that led to a goal.  I don't know, but please do something so that if the opponent scores a goal due to a mistake by one of my players, make it clear and obvious that that's what happened and who made the mistake.

Yeah, I think you're right and that is helpful, but my point is more about making it clear during the game as soon as it happens so you can replace the guy or keep a close eye on him.  If the assistant manager's in-game feedback can tell me so and so is misplacing his passes, he should definitely also be telling me if a player is making mistakes leading to goals as well.

There's an in match widget that sometimes shows this information, but I'm not sure it does it consistently. I think it's the Performance widget and it will say something along the lines of "Mistake led to a goal in the 38th minute."

• 1 year later...

Archived