December Dip?

If you are playing in England then the games start to come thick and fast so squad rotation really comes into play to keep everyone fit and healthy.

Also by this time in the season you have played almost everyone in your league meaning they actually know what to expect from you this time around so if you stick to the same tactics they pretty much know how to pick you apart.

37 minutes ago, josh381991 said:

Also by this time in the season you have played almost everyone in your league meaning they actually know what to expect from you this time around so if you stick to the same tactics they pretty much know how to pick you apart.

Other teams don't get to know your tactics, no matter how many times you play them.

Teams may line up against you differently depending on your success and/or reputation, so if you are top of the table a mid table team (for example) may play more conservatively against you than if you were lower down the league table.

Going through this now with Brighton in the championship. Expected to go up automatically and after a 8 game unbeaten streak it looked likely - Now on 1st Jan and 9 points behind 2nd.

For me it was down to fitness and injuries like Josh said. Need to make up for it in January and have luckily been given £45 million to spend.

It doesn't always happen though. Before joining Brighton I managed Dag + Red & Peterborough and the December/Xmas period was often when my form began to pick up pushing me further up the table.

Could be a number of reasons really - Fitness, Morale, Complacency, or as above where the opponents are changing their style to suit your current form. You'll pick back up soon hopefully.

Archived