Opposite instructions

Just now, rinso said:

specifically what doesn't work? What instructions are you setting up for which players and what tactic? More info needed... 

As you know, after entering a match and before the first team talk, you can apply some advice of opposite instruction from your assistant. 

For example, I've set up an overall opposite instruction 'always' 'closing down' in 'tactics' before entering every matches. However, when it comes to the opposite instruction section which is just before team talk after entering a match, all opposite players' 'closing down' column are left blank. Moreover, when the match is started and I click the 'target opposite players' button, all players' 'closing down' section is written as 'No specific instruction'. 

If i remember rightly, the instructions have to match with the overall team mentality too, so it would depend on that. 

Can you show us your tactic, preferably screenshot, so we can see duties etc of players... 

If you have your assistant set to deal with that part of the game, then his instructions would replace yours too, i think. 

Just now, rinso said:

If i remember rightly, the instructions have to match with the overall team mentality too, so it would depend on that. 

Can you show us your tactic, preferably screenshot, so we can see duties etc of players... 

If you have your assistant set to deal with that part of the game, then his instructions would replace yours too, i think. 

Here are the screenshots, this is how I set the instructions.

However, I've already change the preparation of opposite instruction commanded by myself.

6.png

7.png

3 minutes ago, eriktous said:

You're probably looking at the player specific Opposition Instructions before the match. There is a button there to show the OIs for positions.

Do you mean this one? Though it shows that I've applied my instructions here, but in the game play no instructions are actually given to players.

8.png

Just now, davidjai said:

Do you mean this one?

Yes.

1 minute ago, davidjai said:

Though it shows that I've applied my instructions here, but in the game play no instructions are actually given to players.

How can you tell?

Ah, yes. That shows you player specific instructions, not tied to a specific position. The instructions you have set, are just for particular positions, regardless of which player is actually in that spot, so I assume that's why they don't show up in that dialog box.

Just now, eriktous said:

Ah, yes. That shows you player specific instructions, not tied to a specific position. The instructions you have set, are just for particular positions, regardless of which player is actually in that spot, so I assume that's why they don't show up in that dialog box.

I know what you mean.

But shouldn't it tie to the players who are playing in my targeted specific positions?

7 minutes ago, rinso said:

Set the instructions as you want them to be, then save your tactic. When you go to the match, make sure the team is using the "saved" tactic and see if that helps.. 

I've just tried again but no use...

2 minutes ago, davidjai said:
5 minutes ago, eriktous said:

I know what you mean.

But shouldn't it tie to the players who are playing in my targeted specific positions?

Like this pic, it shows that no one will close down the gk although I have already set instructions for particular positions.

10.png

The instructions are still applied to a player if they are playing in a position for which you have set OIs, although it doesn't show in that dialog box. I'm not completely sure, but I think the player specific OIs will override the position specific ones if they differ from each other, so that dialog is just a way of quickly changing them for a player if you spot some problems with them during a match.

2 minutes ago, eriktous said:

The instructions are still applied to a player if they are playing in a position for which you have set OIs, although it doesn't show in that dialog box. I'm not completely sure, but I think the player specific OIs will override the position specific ones if they differ from each other, so that dialog is just a way of quickly changing them for a player if you spot some problems with them during a match.

Ok, but Im still concerned as when I play the games, I can't really see that my players follow my instructions to close down the players in my targeted positions. Anyway, thanks for the help from you guys.

Archived