[Discussion] Manager Contract

Crb1986

Hello,

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet but I would like to suggest a few changes on manager's contract area:

• More realistic contract length (Managers don't usually have contracts longer than 1 year); If a manager gets into a new club mid season, possibility of club offering contract until the end of the season and depending on the results, choosing if the contract is extended (6 months contract + 1 year optional);
  • Would like to see much more club approaches for job interview. Normally as a manager, we have to apply for any available jobs. Would be nice that clubs recognise our work and approach for job interviews or possible substituting current manager at the end of the season;
  • It seems that manager reputation takes a huge role on job interviews/club offers. I would like to see team current season performance having weight on club choices.

Ex: On my first season in a Portuguese 3rd tier club, we won the championship and the Portuguese cup. This performance should be rewarded and clubs should show interest if you're having outstanding performance (although my reputation was set to amateur). We have examples like José Mourinho(Man Utd), Paulo Fonseca(Shakhtar) or Marco Silva(Hull City). They have never been great players but were recognised by their performance on their clubs.

We are seeing more and more football managers who were underdogs as football players (or never even had a football player career) and became great football managers.

• When a new board takes over, new board should decide if they want to keep you as manager. If they have their own manager choice, we should be informed that they would end our contract at the end of the season;
  • Instead of naming stadiums with Manager's name (we don't see that very often in real life), possibility of club giving your name to one of the stadium stands.

Apart from this, I really enjoy how this area has been improved in recent years. I hope we keep improving to make it as close to reality as possible.

Thank you. Keep it up! :)

• 8 months later...

Archived