Solution to determination drops?

It seems there is quite a high risk of experiencing determination drops for young players. For players signed at the age of 15 to 19, who initially have a strong determination attribute at the level of 17-20, I very often see the determination drop dramatically, maybe as often as for 40% of all young players who start out at a high level. Sometimes the drop is "only" down to 12-15, but once in a while the determination drops down to below 10, which is a level at which I seriously consider dropping the player, even if he has a huge potential.

The big question is of course what causes these drops? And even more important, can anything be done to avoid these drops?

I have read a bit about the topic in the Sigames forum, and I have a few theories as well based on my own experiences. Maybe someone with more insight to the game than me, could confirm if any of the below is true:

Tutoring

I have read that youngsters might be tutored by an older player, and that the older player may have a bad influence on the youngsters determintation. As I understand, there is nothing to do about this issue, as tutoring is automatic in FMT. Is this correct? Btw where in the game can you actually see who is the tutor for a certain player?. (My problem in accepting the tutoring theory is that I pay much attantion to determination, and typically have 0 experienced players with determination attribute below 13, so I can't see how any of my tutors should have such a negative effect on my young players). 

Lack of senior level matches

This is one of my own observations, and maybe it's just coincidence, but I have seen a few times that determination drops stopped instantly when I sent my young players away on loan? Maybe this is because it has a positive effect on the players to get to play real matches, instead of playing reserve-matches. Anybody who has the same experience? (It could of course also be because that by going on loan the player is removed from a bad tutor).

Dissapointment of squad status

When I sign strong talents in competition with other clubs, I often offer a high squad status when I negotiate contract with the player. In example I give the player status as a First team player when I sign him, and as soon as he arrives at my club I change this to Hot prospect, and move the player to the reserve team. Maybe that has negative influence? Anybody with the same experience?

Hope to get some feedback. :-)

(Btw. I play FMT2016).

Tutoring in FMT is automatic. You cannot choose who tutors your youngsters. Only solution is to have good personalities in your squad. That also changes your squad personality. I think there was some change in how tutoring works based on squad personality as a whole. But in either case, you need to have players in there with good personality and then you take away the randomness of having a good personality tutor a youngster.

Archived