[FM17] Gibraltar System with B Teams

DOWNLOAD LINK Gibraltar w B Teams Update_4F140241-456C-461B-A7CB-505CD7D6F227.fmf

Over the last few days @Anaconda Vice and I have been working together on creating a Gibraltarian football system with B teams - and a massive thanks to @cel1234 in allowing us to use this fantastic Gibraltar Setup as our base.  

In the Gibraltarian set up currently, there are 10 teams in the Premier Division and 9 teams in the Second Division.  We wanted to see each of those have a B team, which brought the total to 38.  The re-instation of FC Britannia XI and Gibraltar Scorpions, the addition of Royal Gibraltar Regiment, and the inclusion of B teams for these three brings our total to 44.  This means we can reinstate the Gibraltarian Third and Fourth Divisions with 10 teams per league, and the two new teams will start from Division Four. The set up therefore looks like this:

gib1.thumb.png.e6b85e5f2415bd116bc7bfed3fe57d5b.png

gib2.thumb.png.f830b5e3bdbe1bcc2b684f8ca080a051.png

gib3.thumb.png.a2bfb14ebef25a8e1d243a4c18e869e1.png

gib4.thumb.png.616f8432f906641d8f7060e4857f941a.png

One team is automatically promoted/relegated between the divisions, with the teams placed 9th/2nd competing in a playoff.  The bottom team in Division 4 is relegated to an inactive league and will be replaced by either Britannia B, Scorpions B, Gib Reg B or Hound Dogs B.

B teams may not be promoted to the top flight, nor can they play in the same division as the 1st team.  Therefore if Lincoln Red Imps B win the Second Division, the team placed 2nd will be promoted and the team placed 3rd will qualify for the promotion playoff.  Likewise, if Lions are relegated from the Premier Division, Lions B will be automatically relegated from the Second Division regardless of their final place.

B teams have been created from existing Reserve teams in the database, so have their correct histories, and non-existing Reserve teams have been created from scratch.  In addition, where previously only 5 teams had an U18 team competing, now every Gibraltarian team have an U18 side, competing in two groups of 11 which play each other three times.  The winner of each group plays each other in a one off Championship final.

Cups
The Gibtelecom Rock Cup has not been changed - other than the addition of Britannia, Gib Regiment and Scorpions to the competition.  A straight knockout cup, with 12 teams competing in the first round, and the remaining 10 joining in the second.  B teams do not compete.  Winner qualifies for European competition.
The Chesterton's Cup, previously a competition for Second Division teams, is now open to teams from the lower Divisions as well.  Again, B teams do not compete.  The competition starts with a group stage, with the 12 teams competing in two groups.  Teams play each other once, and the top 2 in each qualify for the semi final.
Pepe Reyes Cup - unchanged, Super Cup between the winners of the Premier Division and Rock Cup.
Gibraltarian Reserve League Cup - straight knockout competition competed for between B teams only.
Gibraltarian Youth Cup - straight knockout competition competed for between U18 teams only.

Stadiums
IRL, the 19 teams from the Premier and Second division, + 9 reserve and 5 youth teams all play their matches at the Victoria Stadium.  You can imagine the resulting chaos when we increased the total number of 1st, B and U18 teams to 66...  The FM editor wasn't happy, and the leagues wouldn't finish in time for the season update day, as the matches just couldn't get played in time.  So we had to find a solution.  Building on the controversial 8000 seater, FIFA funded, Europa Point Stadium hasn't even started in real life, as far as I'm aware, with local residents objecting to the GFA's initially proposed site.  In this hypothetical universe however, the stadium was completed on the 1st of June 2016.  The GFA also come to an agreement with the military to use the Devil's Tower Camp for Youth Fixtures.  Therefore, the teams now have the following homes:

Europa Point Stadium    | Victora Stadium     | Devil's Tower Camp
------------------------------------------------------------------
Gibraltar National Team | Gibraltar U21s, 19s | Royal Gibraltar Regiment
Gibraltar Utd           | Gib Utd B           | Gib Reg B
Manchester 62           | Man 62 B            | All U18 teams
St. Joseph's            | St. Joseph's B      |
Glacis United           | Glacis Utd B        |
Lincoln Red Imps        | Lincoln B           |
Lions                   | Lions B             |
Europa FC               | Europa FC B         |
Lynx                    | Lynx B              |
Cannons                 | Cannons B           |
Gibraltar Phoenix       | Gib Phoenix B       |
Hound Dogs              | Hound Dogs B        |
Boca Juniors            | Boca Juniors B      |
Leo FC                  | Leo FC B            |
Olympique               | Olympique B         |
Mons Calpe              | Mons Calpe B        |
Europa Point            | Europa Point B      |
Angels                  | Angels B            |
College 1975            | College '75 B       |
Gibraltar Scorpions     | Gib Scorpions B     |
Britannia               | Britannia B         |

This looks great well done. You need Gib Scorpians logo though and i have Britannia Kit somewhere if you want that ??

I'd also have Cannons above Olympique.

Do the B teams have to have same registration rules as 1st teams ??

Couldn't you squeeze in Gib Regiment ??

21 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

This looks great well done. You need Gib Scorpians logo though and i have Britannia Kit somewhere if you want that ??

I'd also have Cannons above Olympique.

Do the B teams have to have same registration rules as 1st teams ??

Couldn't you squeeze in Gib Regiment ??

That would be absolutely brilliant if you could post those here, I have no clue when it comes to the Logos/Kits/Faces etc.

What's your reasoning behind Cannons/Olympique?  In every test I've run Cannons have been relegated from the Third Division while Olympique survive the Second.

No, they don't have to - at the moment they do.  What would you prefer?

Certainly!  That would probably involve adding another "extinct" team to have a sensible number in the setup - or then a B team for either Britannia, Scorpions or Gibraltar Regiment.  What do you reckon?  Do Gib Reg. play their matches at Devil's Tower?  

Oh, do you have kit/logo for Gib Reg?

I have logo for Gib Reg not a kit and they do play at Devils Tower

Don't matter about rules its your file was just asking

Cannons are having a better season in real-life

Britannia B but good as they are one of the oldest clubs in Gib or use Pick Up Academy they affliated with Magpies ??

Can i suggest that perhaps u create B teams for Gib Scorpions and Britannia whom will not play in the current season, but will replace the 2 relegated teams from the fourth division in the subsequent season? 

I'd like to take one of these 2 clubs from the fourth div to the premier div but without a B team i think it would be a great disadvantage.

22 hours ago, cel1234 said:

I have logo for Gib Reg not a kit and they do play at Devils Tower

Don't matter about rules its your file was just asking

Cannons are having a better season in real-life

Britannia B but good as they are one of the oldest clubs in Gib or use Pick Up Academy they affliated with Magpies ??

3 hours ago, harryleechinyeow said:

Can i suggest that perhaps u create B teams for Gib Scorpions and Britannia whom will not play in the current season, but will replace the 2 relegated teams from the fourth division in the subsequent season? 

I'd like to take one of these 2 clubs from the fourth div to the premier div but without a B team i think it would be a great disadvantage.

Thanks for your input guys!  I'll have a look at these today.

Update coming hopefully today!  Changes suggested by @Anaconda Vice, @cel1234 and @harryleechinyeow as follows:

• Cannons moved to Division 2, Olympique moved to Division 3
  • Instated Gibraltarian Lower Division - inactive league which will house Royal Gibraltar Regiment B; Britannia XI B; Gibraltar Scorpions B and Hound Dogs B.
  • Gibraltar Regiment take the place of Hound Dogs B in the Fourth Division - this is on account of Hound Dogs (1st) having the lowest reputation in game, and at time of writing (1.4.2017) being bottom of the real life system.  
  • Promotion/Relegation between Fourth Division and Lower Division.
  • Bug fix - restructuring of U18 system to avoid a game crash on date of youth fixtures - @Anaconda Vice has experienced this in his save but I haven't, so hopefully this will sort any problems there.  

@cel1234 has fantastic kits and logos available for the Gibraltar Setup, but we were experiencing some issues yesterday trying to get the Scorpions kit into the game.  If anyone is able to get a config file working for those, it would be brilliant!  It would also be great to include the 1st team kits for the B teams and the Gib Reg if possible.  If someone is able to do that I can give you the IDs of the B teams.

Cheers!

Just wondering....

In the original Gibraltar db released by SI, there is this enormous amount of tv money if u r able to bring the Gib Premier Div into in the top 15 leagues in europe. Smthng like 70 mil pounds per team per season.

Do u think it'll still be there with ur edited db?

59 minutes ago, harryleechinyeow said:

Just wondering....

In the original Gibraltar db released by SI, there is this enormous amount of tv money if u r able to bring the Gib Premier Div into in the top 15 leagues in europe. Smthng like 70 mil pounds per team per season.

Do u think it'll still be there with ur edited db?

Haha, wow, that's pretty insane - Sky Sports and BT fighting over the Rock!  Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea mate - I haven't set anything like that in the editor and there's no way of knowing for sure until someone actually gets Gibraltar that high up - but like I said in the OP we've used @cel1234's file as the base for this which is the one in SI's release, so it is pretty likely that will happen here too.

I'll have a look and see if there is anything to be done about it, but I would imagine not?  

If we can, I'll release an update at some point over the next couple of weeks but it won't be a priority for me at the moment because I'm in the middle of writing my thesis for uni.  There are a couple of other things we've noticed after going more in depth with an actual play-through - a couple of annoying things like strikers winning goalkeeper of the year for example - that would be good to iron out but certainly aren't a game killer.  I'll have a look at it when I get a bit of time, or if someone else wants to take that on over this week or next that would be sweet!  

18 minutes ago, mjaferrie said:

because I'm in the middle of writing my thesis for uni. 

Wow good luck with that. Reminds me of my uni days... lol

18 minutes ago, mjaferrie said:

a couple of annoying things like strikers winning goalkeeper of the year for example

:lol: lol 

Anyways, really good work! Fully appreciate the effort!

Bloody hell thats great never manage to get that far haha

Maybe you might want to have my updated file after Michel Salgado was annouced as Director/DOF at Gibraltar United ??

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived