[Suggestion] End-of-year team report

Powermonger

Recently when finishing a season in my current game where my team was able to achieve promotion, I got to think that what seems to be missing is a end of year team report that links the current seasons squad with the squad requirements for the next season in a new league.

I would like to see a team report that comprises of a few different elements, one of which presenting the average attribute level across the different player groups with your current squad to the average attribute ratings for the competition you will be joining in the new season.

Example:

wX1YRxk.png

This would be perhaps a more compact version of what we can get now through Team Report > Comparison, which allows us to compare GK/Defence/Midfield/Attack area of our team with different attribute groups against our current league. At the moment I don't believe you can use this team comparison for the new league until the game processes the switch into the new season (around June 25th for English leagues off the top of my head).

Other items I would like this end-of-year team report to contain are:

• A per position strengthening team report, like the squad depth report view, where the key player for the selected tactic for the season (based on appearances in that position/role) are shown. The information shown for our player can be like now, just name and star rating (or a bit more detailed like a similar enhanced best XI squad report I suggested recently), but directly under our key player for that position is the coaching staffs top recommendation of a transfer target to look at to replace our key player. This could also be expanded to a top three transfer target options.
  • The suggest transfer targets shown would be those that the scouting team has scouted throughout the year.
  • The team strengthening report would also indicate prioritisation highlighting of the different positions, as based on the coaching staff opinions, on what they deem needs most urgent attention in comparison to the promoted league we will join in the new season. The prioritisation would shade the most critical position in red, then 2nd priority a bit lighter red, then the next a orange, lighter orange, yellow, light yellow, through to green for each position. The view we would have in front of us would be a squad depth like view with the different positions shaded in different colours to indicate their required strengthening urgency.
  • An additional option on this screen is for us managers to right-click and create an urgent scouting assignment to the scouting team to find a replacement if none of the players we have scouted meet our needs.
  • The ability to jump automatically into the player comparison screen to compare our key player for a position and the top suggested transfer target to help assess the players quicker.
  • The report delivered to us would be a tabbed report starting with a general rundown of how the team performed in this season (current post season review report)
  • A report tab of a general team comparison of stats/attributes with the new league
  • 4 tabs for the stat comparison of our GKs,  Defence, Midfield and Attack with the average of new leagues players for each third of the field.
  • Last tab would be the team strengthening report which can be presented in a condensed/compact form with the ability to click into the larger expanded view.

Added to this, the end-of-year team report also does not need to be provided on promotion only but also if you stay in the same league or get relegated. Ideally the report would also serve as a snapshot of your team and kept in a new History section under Team Report to refer to later, giving you the opportunity compare the snapshot to the current Comparison figures for your team.

The idea of this end-of-year team report is that your coaching staff are handing to us managers a report to give us guidance on the promotion ahead in terms of transfer activity. I know throughout the year the scouting or coaching staff are presenting to us regularly news items on suggested players to scout or position x needs strengthening, but when you get to the end of the season, especially if getting promoted, all of a sudden there is nothing there and you have to wait until the game turns over to use certain screens. You get to the end of the season, achieve promotion but then enter a state of limbo, there feels like there is nothing linking your team or transfer information to your teams new league. I would like these end-of-year team report to bridge this gap and flesh out this event more.

Of course some people will already have transfer targets in mind and will just ignore the report but there might be others who will find the report quite useful especially at the end of the season when the holiday period is about to start and still waiting for the current season to rollover.

• 1 year later...

Archived