Scouting

If you opt to have your scouting assignments controlled by either your chief scout or director of football, can you instruct them to focus on youths, or are you totally at their mercy? I don't see any dropdowns or buttons to do it :-(

EDIT: If it's not possible to focus directly through options, is there CS or DOF attributes that may steer them in that direction, works with youngsters being the obvious one.

I'll take a look when I get home.  Don't quote me on it but I believe the working with youngsters attribute only applies to coaching the pool of players that train separately from the senior players. 

Also if your CS was sensible (which is doubtful), he'd be influenced by the level of JPP available in his scouts.

However if you don't mind doing things manually, I scout every youth intake that appears in the game within reason. For selected leagues I only focus on teams with good scouting networks "Established" and above because there are so many.  Every month I just go to "world", selected "transfers" then from the drop down tab select "youth intakes".  You can then Ctrl + Click to highlight bunches and set to scout them.  Then I send to fully scout decent reports/offer trials. Clubs from poorer countries will generally accept their youth players going out on trial.  I know it's not what you asked but I've signed some pretty decent players that way.  When I started in league 1 I signed a guy from Ivory Coast, I loaned him out for several seasons until he had enough international caps to get a work permit, he's now my longest serving player having spent nearly his whole career at the club and I have no dramas selecting him for champions league matches.

I just had a look, doesn't look like you can generally do an entire scouting range search for hot prospects,

However, slightly more long winded:-

If you go into the scouting section (there's an expandable panel on the left that has details like budget and world knowledge, i don't know if maybe it's collapsed and hidden for you at the moment), open it up and select "Create New Assignment", then I'm looking for a "hot prospect" and then select a position or leave as any and select "Inform Chief Scout of Requirements", it then takes you to a window where you can specify all sorts of things about what you're looking for including who should search, where to search and how long for.  If you want them to constantly trawl the world forever to look for hot prospects then I'd set it up as a separate ongoing search once for each region of the world.  Better still, if you have enough scouts from various nations and they have good JPP, assign the most appropriate scout to each region/continent!

On 19/04/2017 at 14:13, borivoje213 said:

However if you don't mind doing things manually, I scout every youth intake that appears in the game within reason. For selected leagues I only focus on teams with good scouting networks "Established" and above because there are so many.  Every month I just go to "world", selected "transfers" then from the drop down tab select "youth intakes".  You can then Ctrl + Click to highlight bunches and set to scout them.  Then I send to fully scout decent reports/offer trials. 

Yeah, that's what I've always  did, it's quite effective. Was just hoping to find a workaround to automate things a bit.

Thanks pal.

On 19/04/2017 at 17:00, borivoje213 said:

However, slightly more long winded:-

If you go into the scouting section (there's an expandable panel on the left that has details like budget and world knowledge, i don't know if maybe it's collapsed and hidden for you at the moment), open it up and select "Create New Assignment", then I'm looking for a "hot prospect" and then select a position or leave as any and select "Inform Chief Scout of Requirements", it then takes you to a window where you can specify all sorts of things about what you're looking for including who should search, where to search and how long for.  If you want them to constantly trawl the world forever to look for hot prospects then I'd set it up as a separate ongoing search once for each region of the world.  Better still, if you have enough scouts from various nations and they have good JPP, assign the most appropriate scout to each region/continent!

Yeah, that's what I thought. I normally do that and it's reasonably simple. I'm just a lazy as and was hoping to make it even simpler lol.

I also set each scout to look at competitions in the same region they're in. I know this can be done but I'm never sure if it's reducing the scouts performance generally.

Thanks both of you.

Archived