[Suggestion] Ability to assign shirt no., training and set piece assignments for new players upon joining club

Powermonger

I would like options added that when we sign a new player and he joins the club, we are presented immediately with the following options:

• Assign player to Position/Role training
  • Assign player to Additional Focus training
  • Assign player to New Player Trait
  • Assign player a shirt number
  • Assign player to specific set pieces

This should either be part of the <Club> sign <Player> news item or a item that gets delivered at the same time from our Assistant Manager to assign these options.

It is really irksome to have to go navigate to many different screens to set this for a new player.

Would also be nice to add a shirt number option to both contract and promises. Just to add another dimension. We know players in real life ask for certain numbers why not use that as a small bargaining chip?

• 4 weeks later...

Along with this suggestion, I'd suggest that once a shirt number is assigned it is locked to that player until they leave the club permanently (I believe players who leave on loan retain their shirt numbers). There could be several ways of changing a player's number, two possible suggestions to that are:

1) Player asks to change his number,

2) A new signing was promised a number, ask the player (who is currently wearing it) if they would be willing to change.

Would like to see the above suggestion included either way!

On 4/23/2017 at 11:06, DJTacon17 said:

Would also be nice to add a shirt number option to both contract and promises. Just to add another dimension. We know players in real life ask for certain numbers why not use that as a small bargaining chip?

Like this idea. For some players this is important. 

On 4/23/2017 at 10:06, DJTacon17 said:

That's already in the game, some players do ask for specific numbers.

50 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

That's already in the game, some players do ask for specific numbers.

I assume you are talking about them asking for a number when squad numbering has to be decided, the OP goes deeper than them just "liking" a number. The current system has absolutely no effect on the players whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, Schmidy said:

I assume you are talking about them asking for a number when squad numbering has to be decided, the OP goes deeper than them just "liking" a number. The current system has absolutely no effect on the players whatsoever.

No, players can request or be offered their favoured numbers in pre-contract negotiations as a promise.

18 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

No, players can request or be offered their favoured numbers in pre-contract negotiations as a promise.

Ah okay, didn't know that. Thanks, will look for it when I next get the option.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Archived