Why dont ball curve that often anymore

I remember the old FMs where shots, ground pass, crosses curves occurs quiet often just like real life. The recent FM games lack curve balls, does anyone think so? I think its a shame since many footballer traits realise on their curve speciality like Robben, De Bruyne. I find it adds a greater level of dynamic to creativity player, since I see in my game Ozil always taking straight passes when in real life, he knows how to pass behind defenders using his curves = harder to defend.

However, I did remmeber it became a bug for the developers with those long range curve shots occuring too often in games. 

12 hours ago, David_H1997 said:

I think curved passes now just appear as more diagonal ones, maybe to do with the match engine/lower processing power

thats what i thought, its just far less buggy if they reduce this feature. But its also hurting the potential of the game real bad. In real life, ball curves can be quiet extreme (papiss cisse goal)

To be honest, it makes the "Curls Ball" PPM incredibly deadly, especially on set pieces, including direct FKs. It is very anecdotal, but I've found Payet to be significantly more dangerous on direct FK attempts thanks to this PPM than Pjanic, despite the Bosnian's slightly higher Long Shots, FK Taking, Technique or Decisions. It's to me more important in taking FKs than a couple points in the FK Taking attribute.

Archived