Barcelona and Real Madrid never make the quarter finals in the CL

Real Madrid beat Barcelona in the Champions League Final in the first season of my current save, started with the newest update.

What leagues do you have loaded? If you only have one country loaded, expect that country to dominate the continental competitions, especially >5 years into the save.

3 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Real Madrid beat Barcelona in the Champions League Final in the first season of my current save, started with the newest update.

What leagues do you have loaded? If you only have one country loaded, expect that country to dominate the continental competitions, especially >5 years into the save.

very strange, It is 2020 now in my game and they have never made it there...  I have quite a few countries loaded, spain, italy, holland, england germany and holland I think

11 minutes ago, cris182 said:

They make it 9/10 times on my game and have won it 3 times in the last 10 years so it's not a game issue it might just be your save

But the save has all the latest updates so what has gone wrong, do I maybe not get updated even though I am on it through Steam?

I have put so much work in this save I don´t want to have to begin from scratch again

Just now, Fergy234 said:

very strange, It is 2020 now in my game and they have never made it there...  I have quite a few countries loaded, spain, italy, holland, england germany and holland I think

Then I guess it's just one of those things. If real life was reversed with your FM save, it would probably be like you asking "Premier League teams never make the Semi Finals in the CL. Very unrealistic."

Some teams can be absolutely dominant in one save, yet win nothing in another. That's the beauty of FM.

But another thing It is regarding a Brazilian player I have in my team. I use genie scout (I know it is a bit of a cheat) but that makes me know that the player will be one of the best players in the game 

Before I signed him he was playing for the Brazil under 20s  national team, but after I signed him and loaned him out (the plan was to loan him out until he gets in the Brazil team so he can get a work permit) he is not getting picked for the U 20s anymore even though he is doing very well on loan with Alaves in La Liga.

also I Don´t get a work permit for a spanish player I had already signed

He has been in my team for 2 years and I offered him a new contract but he could not sign it becasue he did not get a work permit! I thought that spanish players don´t need one, I am with a team in England btw.

Any tips on how to fix this?

1 minute ago, Fergy234 said:

But another thing It is regarding a Brazilian player I have in my team. I use genie scout (I know it is a bit of a cheat) but that makes me know that the player will be one of the best players in the game 

Before I signed him he was playing for the Brazil under 20s  national team, but after I signed him and loaned him out (the plan was to loan him out until he gets in the Brazil team so he can get a work permit) he is not getting picked for the U 20s anymore even though he is doing very well on loan with Alaves in La Liga.

also I Don´t get a work permit for a spanish player I had already signed

He has been in my team for 2 years and I offered him a new contract but he could not sign it becasue he did not get a work permit! I thought that spanish players don´t need one, I am with a team in England btw.

Any tips on how to fix this?

Can't answer the question about the Brazilian player, but the Spanish player requiring a work permit is probably down to Brexit. I suspect you got a 'harder' Brexit, which requires all non-UK players to obtain work permits after the UK leaves the European Union.

On 5/10/2017 at 17:38, Fergy234 said:

But the save has all the latest updates so what has gone wrong, do I maybe not get updated even though I am on it through Steam?

I have put so much work in this save I don´t want to have to begin from scratch again

I didn't mean a bug in your save, Just that the save has developed in such a way that other teams have become better than Real and Barca 

Archived