[Discussion] Integrate the Director of Football more?

FCDynamite

Hi, 

I know it's been briefly mentioned previously but I think there are a couple of ways the role of Director of Football can be more intertwined in the game, and more relevant. For example, it would be interesting if at certain clubs, only the board are able to sack the Director of Football, depending on the chairman's preferences. Also at these clubs, the role in which the DoF has, such as scouting, transfers etc are locked to the manager and can only be changed via meetings with the chairman, trying to convince them to reduce the DoF's role, or not use one all together depending on the level of trust/job security you've gained.

Didn't know if this is possible, or if other people would like to see it introduced!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

• 2 weeks later...

I'm someone who uses a DoF religeously, but only if I have control over everything he does.

However, this idea would add more to the game. Making it more challenging as well as well as making the Manager (aka you) have to really think before accepting a contract from a club. Hell, they already ask you in the interview if you are willing to work with a DoF, they just need to add a few more questions based around that.

"The DoF will be in charge of buying and selling the playing staff. Are you willing to work behind him?". Basic questions like that.

• 6 months later...

Archived