Free players

Preveza

Should be a much easier way to search for free players. I run over 10 leagues with over 150k players loaded. When trying to search for free players, its a nightmare. 

Have also realised that lots of free agents who were released, are never picked up by other clubs, especially players under 25 years of age. Quite unrealistic. AI needs to be more active in transfers, but also smarter. Hope to see improvements in this area of the game

5 minutes ago, Preveza said:

Should be a much easier way to search for free players. I run over 10 leagues with over 150k players loaded. When trying to search for free players, its a nightmare. 

Have also realised that lots of free agents who were released, are never picked up by other clubs, especially players under 25 years of age. Quite unrealistic. AI needs to be more active in transfers, but also smarter. Hope to see improvements in this area of the game

If this is in the first couple of seasons you need to manage your game setup better.

10 leagues = approx 200 playable clubs.  Even if you say a club holds 100 players which is very top end thats 20,000 players needed to fill the playable clubs.  Add players at non-playable clubs + some spare capacity and 30-40k of players would be more than enough for 10 playable leagues.

You are loading over 150k of players which is approx four times more than what your setup needs.

You can't complain about free agents not being picked up when you run such a poor setup.  SI can't set your save up for you, especially when you ignore the warning messages.

Free agents are easy enough to filter on your known & scouted players page.

As for the AI managers using that market if they find a player who meets their requirements then they will sign them if they're the best available option, what they won't do is stockpile/sign free agents when they have not shortlisted for that squad slot, the latter part of not signing a better option who has become available because they are happy with what they have is something that is a desirable feature but it takes a lot of balancing which can be seen when clubs spend big in a player only to sell them a season later on the cheap because they never use them.

What I can confirm is that players are more willing to drop to lower divisions than they were a few versions back, I spent a lot of time working with the dev's to have more released youth players drop 2 or 3 divisions to kickstart their careers, this never happened in the  past.

3 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

If this is in the first couple of seasons you need to manage your game setup better.

10 leagues = approx 200 playable clubs.  Even if you say a club holds 100 players which is very top end thats 20,000 players needed to fill the playable clubs.  Add players at non-playable clubs + some spare capacity and 30-40k of players would be more than enough for 10 playable leagues.

You are loading over 150k of players which is approx four times more than what your setup needs.

You can't complain about free agents not being picked up when you run such a poor setup.  SI can't set your save up for you, especially when you ignore the warning messages.

Youre probably right, but I do enjoy having 150k players loaded, if not more. So youre suggesting I include more playable leagues to my database?

1 minute ago, Preveza said:

Youre probably right, but I do enjoy having 150k players loaded, if not more. So youre suggesting I include more playable leagues to my database?

There should be a balance between the number of playable leagues and the number of players you load.

Whether you do that by loading more playable leagues or by loading less players overall it doesn't matter.  Personally I always go for more leagues but its down to you finding a balance of how many leagues vs speed of processing.

There are benefits to it as well as the transfer market will be more competitive meaning you can sell players easier although buying them will be harder than when you have a flooded market with lots of good players available on frees.

27 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

There should be a balance between the number of playable leagues and the number of players you load.

Whether you do that by loading more playable leagues or by loading less players overall it doesn't matter.  Personally I always go for more leagues but its down to you finding a balance of how many leagues vs speed of processing.

There are benefits to it as well as the transfer market will be more competitive meaning you can sell players easier although buying them will be harder than when you have a flooded market with lots of good players available on frees.

Thanks mate. I will start a new game now, and add 2-3 more countries as playable. I'll have 160k players loaded with: England, Germany, Italy, France, Holland, Spain, Scotland, Turkey, Belgium and either Denmark or Serbia all loaded to the bottom division

• 6 months later...

Archived