Too many good regens?

I'm sure this has been raised and discussed before...but I'm noticing a LOT of amazing regens (I'm in 2025)...Like there's at least 25 absolutely world class strikers (<25 of age) and they are all soo good! And what's worse is that most of them have an amazing international record....two of my strikers 23 and 25 of age have (42 int caps,38 goals) and (52 int caps and 49 goals) respectively. Seems ridiculous no? What's the thinking behind that SI?

Ironically, there is a thread on the exact opposite topic - that there aren't enough "ideal" high potential regens.

its really REALLY hard to assess something like this based off of one save, because there are a multitude of factors involved in how many high potential regens are generated and how they develop. Those factors are going to have an impact on different saves and how they unfold.

There's no "thinking" behind it as such. every save is unique, so will throw up it's own group of players. 

1 hour ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Ironically, there is a thread on the exact opposite topic - that there aren't enough "ideal" high potential regens.

its really REALLY hard to assess something like this based off of one save, because there are a multitude of factors involved in how many high potential regens are generated and how they develop. Those factors are going to have an impact on different saves and how they unfold.

Yup, same as there was a thread on how there's NO newgens that are good with IF as a role, and I have come across at least 6 in my current save, and have a couple in my current squad. 

I've not noticed there being too many world class regens but I've noticed the international records like you mentioned. They are ridiculous in my saves, any half decent striker regens I've come across have more goals than caps.

12 hours ago, ryan045 said:

I've not noticed there being too many world class regens but I've noticed the international records like you mentioned. They are ridiculous in my saves, any half decent striker regens I've come across have more goals than caps.

If you wouldn't mind loaning me some of these in my save, I will be eternally thankful :lol:

Well this is refreshing! Usually people set up threads to moan the opposite! I am in 2030 in my save and personally never find the regen issue a game breaker. Whilst there is a lack of sweeper keepers in my save there is nothing which is ¨game-breaking¨. 

19 hours ago, waraka14 said:

I'm sure this has been raised and discussed before...but I'm noticing a LOT of amazing regens (I'm in 2025)...Like there's at least 25 absolutely world class strikers (<25 of age) and they are all soo good! And what's worse is that most of them have an amazing international record....two of my strikers 23 and 25 of age have (42 int caps,38 goals) and (52 int caps and 49 goals) respectively. Seems ridiculous no? What's the thinking behind that SI?

What do you take into account to say they are all world class, stats, attributes, stars? I've seen a lot of regen players with 5 stars that doesn't develop into world class players.

Where are those two players you make mention from? Maybe they are from Africa, Oceania or a big asian country, where most of the international matches are against very weak nations?

I think there is too many, obviously it varies from save to save, but I took an old save of mine once I was done with it, and a copy of the save from the first season. In the first season there were 50 players with 165 ca or higher, same game 10 seasons later, 115 players over 165 ca.

Now, ca doesn't tell a lot, as attribute balances can be good or bad, but that's generally high level players, and they more than doubled in number.

20 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

It's probably not coincidental that the thread on the opposite topic isn't created about strikers. 

I think this is mainly down to striker templates (and training) doing a pretty efficient job of distributing players' attributes compared with other positions. 

There's also more agreement over what makes a good striker to start off with so all those fast players with good finishing, composure, first touch and off the ball movement really stand out. (And some of the AI strikers look even better in terms of visual attributes because the AI generates quite a lot of high potential strikers that are very one footed).

Throw in the fact that regens are more likely to have very high potential than real life players (and whilst their attitude might be less professional than most RL top players, their chances of reaching it are also affected by their match performances, with the easiest way to achieve high ratings being to score) and it's not surprising the young strikers outperform the current generation

Real life strikers not only tend to have lower potential, but are also typically deliberately rated in a way which discourages them from overperforming in the match engine unless they really are threatening to score 30 goals a season. 

Archived