[Suggestion] Set pieces: More options

PonjaConRulos

Corner kicks routines need an improvement. 

First, there should be allowed to choose two or more players in the same instruction (attacking near post, attacking far post, attacking ball from deep, lurk outside area). It's very common to see two players attacking the near post leaving other spaces open. 

Second, offer short option shouldn't be so static. The short option should be starting a run from another position (outside area, middle pitch or inside the box) so he gets the chance to be surprising.

Third, the penalty spot option doesn't work like it should be. The player aims to the edge of the box where the "Lurk outside area" player is waiting. He should be actually aiming to the penalty spot, where the Go Forward and Attacking ball from deep can head it. 

About free kicks, the assignment of the takers should be different. If you have a free kick at 45 metres, where there's no chance to shoot unless you have Juninho Pernambucano, you don't want your striker to take it. For example, CR7 and Suárez are great free kicks takers if they shoot, but useless if they have to cross it or play short. Also, Free kick taking attribute shouldn't be working for both shots and crosses. 

Finally, throw-in options. Why can't I choose the position of my stay back players? In a left side throw-in, I want my right back to stay in the right. The order is arbitrary and I can't choose him to stay where I want. 

• 5 months later...

Archived